Picked up a TSR2 10* with Hazrdous Red CB shaft earlier this week. Playing 10.75*.
We tried off at 110:00 this morning @43 degrees. Definitely longer than my old ping G425 max, forgiveness across the face is great. Only thing I would say is high face is not great but not terrible either. I don't have a fast swing speed (88-91 consistent) and hit some longish drives for me today in the cold. So really looking forward to warmer weather and what it will do. Did manage 13/14 fairways.
That combo is so good. Love all things about it. I can’t find a reason to pull the Hzrdus Red CB and install the Ventus TR Red that I was planning to put in it.

That combo is so good. Love all things about it. I can’t find a reason to pull the Hzrdus Red CB and install the Ventus TR Red that I was planning to put in it.
Yeah I don't see a reasonable n to swap shafts right now. Just a really good combo and no issues getting any launch at all.

Took a little self fitting, but I found my dream setup with the TSR2. I ordered a 9° from Titleist with the Tensei 1k Black 65s at -1/4” length. It measured 45.5” in length and still felt longer than I wanted. I took it down an additional 1/2” and swapped the rear weight to the +4g weight. Also put it in the flatter lie angle. Actually increased my ball speed and am hitting 160 mph regularly, which is fast for me! Also played it outside as well as in a simulator and finding more fairways than I ever have. What a great club, look forward to the next round with it!

TSR2 is still amazing me. Still the best driver I’ve ever owned. May dial it down just a bit from 10°. I’ve never been this confident with a driver in my life.

I’m in love with this driver. TSR3 is most definitely the best driver I have owned. Aesthetically gorgeous and a beast on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little less than 100% after Stack training last night, but I got the TSR2 out for a few swings today. Really liking the changes we made to the set-up (adapter adjust to A4, shaft switch to the AD-DI, switch to 17g weight in the rear), it feels like I can swing a bit more freely with this, and I’m finding the center of the face more often. 2024 could be an interesting year with this in the top slot.

A few rounds in with the TSr3 now... It is "better" than the TSi3 with the refinements... The sound and feel are better for sure. It just feels perfect and although I was after a TSr2, I'm glad I grabbed the 3.

Good day with the TSR2, 11/14 fairways. All 3 misses where within 5 yards of the fairways edge. Hit some really good drives for being 45* today. Surprised how good it is when hitting high face towards the toe. I would like to get some rear weights and mess with that a bit

Results of my last round with the TSR2 on Xmas Eve. Temps in the 40's and wet from recent rain, so roll was nonexistent in addition to losing a good bit of carry due to temps. Getting a P-Avg that high was really surprising given those conditions. 50% fairways was really good for me too, I really only got myself in trouble one time and it was just bad luck - missed just right of the fairway but it ended up IN a dense pine tree and had to awkwardly try to just hack it out sideways.

This driver is working really well for me in general, and now I have another great tee option as well in the TSR2+ for those narrow holes. Feeling really optimistic about my tee game for 2024.

WH122423driving1.PNG

WH122423driving2.PNG

WH122423driving3.PNG

Got in a round today. TSR2 was just as good or maybe even better than expected. Haven’t touched the driver in a little more than a week. Cold windy no warm up or range time today. This driver shaft combo is point and shoot. Such a pleasure to go to the tee with confidence.

Last edited:
I am absolutely hammering the driver right now, and I love it. Confidence to me has the letters TSR in it.

Oldest of the current drivers on the shelves from the majors. Highest trade in value by far. That says a lot.

I was quite surprised that what appears to be a re-emergence of our long term drought has allowed some of the local courses to re-open. I had some pretty good driver swings in my until the 43 degree weather with no sun caused me to stiffen up.IMG_6221.pngIMG_6222.png

IMG_6330.jpegIMG_6331.jpegIMG_6332.jpeg

Despite all the new releases, I am still liking the TSR3. I just got in this new shaft that I am excited to try.

That looks fun! Curious how that hangs with your AF....
You and me, both. I got the AutoFlex at the end of August and it has been really good, as my posts indicate. I only got some real numbers on TrackMan for the first time in December. I was surprised at the spin. It was higher than what it looked to my eye out on the course. It got me thinking that if I could find a sub 50 gram shaft that still was quite stable and low spin, it might give me what I was seeing with the AutoFlex, but with a bit lower spin.

Every review that I have seen on the VF is that it is extremely stable and low spin. Many reviewers have actually moved down a weight class. When I saw that the VF was offered in a 4 S, coming in at a little under 50 grams, it caught my eye. I think it will be a super fun comparison.

You and me, both. I got the AutoFlex at the end of August and it has been really good, as my posts indicate. I only got some real numbers on TrackMan for the first time in December. I was surprised at the spin. It was higher than what it looked to my eye out on the course. It got me thinking that if I could find a sub 50 gram shaft that still was quite stable and low spin, it might give me what I was seeing with the AutoFlex, but with a bit lower spin.

Every review that I have seen on the VF is that it is extremely stable and low spin. Many reviewers have actually moved down a weight class. When I saw that the VF was offered in a 4 S, coming in at a little under 50 grams, it caught my eye. I think it will be a super fun comparison.

Ok, we'll just wait on that fresh data....

Bored Wait GIF by FirstAndMonday

Sounds awesome, hope it works out.

Sooooooo I've been working on my swing a bit lately after a lesson with a new teaching pro...mostly my footwork and sequence which has influenced a LOT of things in my swing. It led to some HUGE drives a few weeks back, even in the cold weather. I again took that these new moves to the course last Sunday again and I had a couple of drives that were monsters. With the TSR2... I'm guessing I've gained a good 30+ yards on my well struck drives. I hit drives on #7 and #9 holes to places I've honestly never been. Good strikes feel great and misses are pretty solid. I do like to throw in a good hook here and there, but for the most part, high bombs with this thing.

Holding out hope that I can still play a few rounds here in Illinois in December. But if anything, I'll at least get some time down in Florida right after Christmas.

I must still admit... My ego still hurts a bit from the R shaft I have in it. But it just works!!
This is basically what I need to do. Was thinking about taking a lesson or two. I don't dislike my TSR2 but I also do not love it whatsoever. It is by no means the clubs fault I'm just having a very hard time being 100% confident over it. When I got fitted the trackman was showing 20+ yd gains in carry distance which did not translate to the course. With that being said I would chalk most of this up to me not hitting it very well or not in the middle of the club face. A lesson would probably do me a lot of good at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

This new shaft combo got my ball speed back up to 150 plus on TrackMan this evening, which is fantastic for me. At the same time, my average to great strikes were giving me spin of 2200 to 2600, again, ideal. I also saw a smash factor of 1.50, something that I have not seen in a year on TrackMan.

Right now, the AutoFlex is feeling very insecure and has resorted to begging and pleading.

Another session on TrackMan and again, I was seeing 150 ball speed. There are a lot of animals on this forum who can really move their clubs. I am not one of them. I turned 63 in December and I am fighting like crazy to hold onto enough distance to keep playing the tee boxes I want to play. For me over the last few years, 150 ball speed with driver is that magical threshold. If I can keep my ball speed around 150, I can play the way that I want. This combo is doing is for me and it is really exciting. Plus, 1.50 smash factor tells me that I also am getting all that I can out of my swing.

IMG_6333.jpeg

The move to the AD-DI is proving to be a step in the right direction. I feel like I can time this up a little better, and with the forgiveness of the 2, even strikes that normally would be an “uh oh” for me are staying so playable. Hitting driver well makes the game a lot more fun, and I had some fun tonight.
IMG_9039.jpeg

Well I did something today I hadn’t done in many many years. I hadn’t played in over two weeks and teed it up this morning with a couple of friends, but with very little warmup time. On the 5th tee, I hit the ball about 60 degrees right and OB. I knew right away I hit it high toe. I looked down at the driver head and was surprised to see that I didn’t have a sky mark, but rather chipped off a piece of paint from the crown right where it meets the very end of the face. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Well I did something today I hadn’t done in many many years. I hadn’t played in over two weeks and teed it up this morning with a couple of friends, but with very little warmup time. On the 5th tee, I hit the ball about 60 degrees right and OB. I knew right away I hit it high toe. I looked down at the driver head and was surprised to see that I didn’t have a sky mark, but rather chipped off a piece of paint from the crown right where it meets the very end of the face. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Ouch.

Didn’t hit driver often tonight on the sim, but when I did I was pretty impressed with the result. The AD-DI feels so much better for my delivery, and the forgiveness of the 2 head is probably right where I need to be - I still don’t always find the center of the face, but balls are finding the short grass and putting me in positions where I can get aggressive. Really looking forward to getting this back outside this spring and pulling driver a whole lot more often this year - reviewing the hole flyovers for the new home course it doesn’t look like there’s too many holes I shouldn’t be hitting this on 😍.

Back