Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedges

Ordered the chrome today. Will review in a couple of weeks. My Titleist bag is growing.

A few of the tournament organizers huddled around our group today as we had a difficult little shot. We were in a waste area just to the right of the elevated green. Not much green to work with so we had to kill it a little off the slope up. Opened up the 55, put a good aggressive swing on it, and settled the ball up to 4 feet for an easy bird. That S grind does a great job out of a variety of terrain.

I'm 100% committed to these wedges for the rest of the season, and probably through next year again. Whenever I do update will probably make a change with the 60. The D grind is probably not the ideal setup for me.

A few of the tournament organizers huddled around our group today as we had a difficult little shot. We were in a waste area just to the right of the elevated green. Not much green to work with so we had to kill it a little off the slope up. Opened up the 55, put a good aggressive swing on it, and settled the ball up to 4 feet for an easy bird. That S grind does a great job out of a variety of terrain.

I'm 100% committed to these wedges for the rest of the season, and probably through next year again. Whenever I do update will probably make a change with the 60. The D grind is probably not the ideal setup for me.

That’s awesome man. I’m still loving my SM7s from the event last year too and can hit just about any shot from almost any lie. I agree that the D grind is tough sometimes and I even ordered a M grind 58 degree to try out and see if I like it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you guys find tough about the D grind? Too much bounce? In retrospect I probably should have chosen a different grind since I typically play square faced shots anyway and the D grind was kind of lost on me.

What do you guys find tough about the D grind? Too much bounce? In retrospect I probably should have chosen a different grind since I typically play square faced shots anyway and the D grind was kind of lost on me.

Yeah, I'm facing a lot more tight lies than really plush ones. The S is a lot more natural for me to manipulate the face and get good contact through the turf. Just never got 100% comfortable with the D. Two reasons I haven't replaced it: it does a good job on those awkward lies like when the ball is right between fairway and rough, and the S grind allows me to hit high enough shots with spin to where the 60 is a little bit of a luxury.

I like to open the face a lot and the D grind just makes that leading edge sit so high off the ground. Like Obed said, I’m finding more tight lies than I thought I would. I think I just need something with a thinner grind

I have the M grind (I think) in both my wedges (8*) and love them from any lie, but I also do not get along with bounce in any wedge for some reason. I tend to square face chip unless I have to clear a bunker or need the extra spin then I open it some, I just never had figured out the wide open face flop to us it unless it there is no other option.

I’m usually playing in tight lies and wish Callaway would offer a 4 degree lie like Vokey does. I’ve never found the saying, “bounce is your friend” true for me on tight lies.

I like to open the face a lot and the D grind just makes that leading edge sit so high off the ground. Like Obed said, I’m finding more tight lies than I thought I would. I think I just need something with a thinner grind

I open the face often on my shots with my 60 D grind and it has been excellent for me.

I open the face often on my shots with my 60 D grind and it has been excellent for me.

Yes I can do it for sure but when you get to the extremely tight lie, the D grind makes you more prone to catching it thin, which I unfortunately do all too often.

It’s certainly a great setup for so many other shots which is why I’ve had it in the bag for so long. It’s automatic out of bunkers but im going to try less bounce to see if that will pay off.

Yes I can do it for sure but when you get to the extremely tight lie, the D grind makes you more prone to catching it thin, which I unfortunately do all too often.

It’s certainly a great setup for so many other shots which is why I’ve had it in the bag for so long. It’s automatic out of bunkers but im going to try less bounce to see if that will pay off.

Please keep us posted ZB. Curious how it plays for you.

I just make sure to keep my hands in front and hit down on a tight lie with it and have not had any problems. The spin is awesome with that shot and the D grind

I just make sure to keep my hands in front and hit down on a tight lie with it and have not had any problems. The spin is awesome with that shot and the D grind

That’s awesome. That’s why I think bob vokey and Titleist do such a great job with their wedges. They have grind and bounce options for every type of player and any type of turf.

That’s awesome. That’s why I think bob vokey and Titleist do such a great job with their wedges. They have grind and bounce options for every type of player and any type of turf.

I agree. I have my 54 with an F and my 60 with a D, between the 2 of those I feel I can play any shot the course throws at me

I agree. I have my 54 with an F and my 60 with a D, between the 2 of those I feel I can play any shot the course throws at me

This is almost me too, except I have the 54F and 58D. In my league last night holed a nice 30 yard pitch for birdie with the 58D.

I do a lot of chipping with my 50°F, lots of versatility all around the green and full shots.

Had a great day with the SM7's. I have a 54S for my sand wedge and although it got used more times from bunkers to day than I care for, I was able to get out every time with ease. Nice easy swing that wasn't forced and got good results.
the 50F was on point on chips around the green. I threw a couple at pins and got hop and stop action. It let me save par 3 times today.

I do a lot of chipping with my 50°F, lots of versatility all around the green and full shots.

I’m in the same boat. I do most of my chipping with the 50F and it’s excellent with partial and full shots. If I need it to stop quick I’ll use the 60D

I’m in the same boat as many here on the D grind in my 60. I love it in bunkers but that’s about it. I find myself using the 54 much around the greens when I need to do something with the face.

I put my Raw 7’s back in the bag today and they were absolutely money.

Replaced my Mack Daddy wedges with these and man they feel sooooooo good. Wish I did it sooner.

Replaced my Mack Daddy wedges with these and man they feel sooooooo good. Wish I did it sooner.
I did the same thing last year. Best wedges I've owned.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Against my better judgment I’m thinking of entering the SM7 market.

Against my better judgment I’m thinking of entering the SM7 market.

Hard to go wrong with them. I have adjust nicely from the RTX3's that I played previously and the SM7's are just that much better.

Back