Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedges

What's holding you back Molten?

My desire to not tinker constantly (and I’m failing). But on the other hand, I feel like I need to have a wide body of knowledge of the various offerings on the market. Tough call for me.

My desire to not tinker constantly (and I’m failing). But on the other hand, I feel like I need to have a wide body of knowledge of the various offerings on the market. Tough call for me.

I'm kind of in the same boat. My NL wedges perform great for me. But when I got in yesterday I was moving some stuff around and saw my old SM6 and immediately started looking at SM7 again. It's not an area of the bag that needs to be addressed, but I kind of want to anyway. Hi-Toe is certainly in play here too.

Just get one in the loft you use most. Then you can decide if more will be added after you put that one through its paces.

Just went ahead and booked a Titleist Thursday for you.

https://www.titleist.com/fitting/appointments

EVENT
Titleist Thursday
ADDRESS
400 School Street, Richmond, VA, 23222
DATE
Thursday, May 30
START TIME
2:00 PM
DURATION
45 minutes

Maybe you can vlog it for the forum? (of course, I'm kidding. But it would be awesome. Just sayin')

Bring on the SM8’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw on wedgeworks there is now a D grind in the 56º. I'm going to be tempted to give that a try for my next sand wedge. I love the M grind for most shots but am wondering if the extra bounce will help out of the sand.

Do you guys believe that all wedges these days perform about the same? I've tried Cobra, Ping Glide's, Mizuno MP-T5's, Cleveland's, and they all have done me right once I get used to them. I recently switched to SM7's and they work for me as well.

Do you guys believe that all wedges these days perform about the same? I've tried Cobra, Ping Glide's, Mizuno MP-T5's, Cleveland's, and they all have done me right once I get used to them. I recently switched to SM7's and they work for me as well.
Brand isn't what makes a wedge work for someone. Length/lie, loft/bounce, and flex are all far more important in the wedge fitting conversation than brand.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lots of great options out there right now. Great time to be a consumer, that’s for sure.

You mean the archer and not the arrow? I think if you get the correct configuration the maker doesn’t matter that much. Most companies have figured out how to add spin performance within the new groove rules.

Performance wise probably. But I think it comes down to feel more than anything when it comes to wedges. Certain wedges in the past I didn’t care for because of the feel even tho the performance was about the same.

Had a couple of bunker shots today unfortunately but the 54S performed great!! Swing easy and follow thru and got out of all 3 bunkers no issues, almost hole one of them. The other two landed within 5 feet and saved me par. Had a couple chips that I was able to go right at the pins and get the ball to stop close.
I have had these in the bag for almost a year now and they are wearing really well.

I understand the sm7 wedges aren't forged. Question is, can they be bent 2* flat?

I understand the sm7 wedges aren't forged. Question is, can they be bent 2* flat?

Yes, I have mine 1 flat and no issues. Fitter told me up to 3° flat.

I've always ordered mine 2 degrees flat from Titleist. Or if I buy one locally I have the store bend it 2 flat for me.

I really like a Vokey type traditional wedge in the SW slot (54* for me). I never found a lob wedge I liked much till I got this Hi-Toe. I am.sure PM's are nice too. I usually like a GW to match my set.

Yes sir, that’s what I was fitted into when they came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still amazed by these wedges, every time out on course they continue to impress. Nothing better than watching a well struck ball hit and bounce and stop dead or back up a bit. One of the guys I was playing with today says to me about 3 holes into the back 9, "The way you are chipping, you don't need to hit GIR's" :clapp:
I had 3 that I left within one foot of the hole for easy tap ins. I had several in the 50-60 yard range that I left within 4 feet and converted putts for birdie or par.
I have had these in the bag for a year now and they still look great.

I had an exceptional night last night at league with my wedges. I had 3 shots from right at 70 yards that I was able to leave inside of 5 feet every time. Had another from 41 yards that I left 1 foot away. Our greens our getting dry and hard with all the heat we have had but getting plenty of spin from these wedges and great stopping power.

Sorry to bump an oldish thread but I just got a 54.10s as part of my T100’s buy 8 and get a free wedge offer. I played SM6’s For a while and got good results out of them but ended up getting CBX’s for the added forgiveness. I was never super comfortable with the weight of the Vokey’s I had but the new one has a Nippon Modus 105 and feels great.
I picked it up yesterday and hit it on the simulator to get an idea of distance since my old SW was a 56. Right around 90-95m. In my fitting I was told that a wide sole wasn’t a great idea for my shallow swing.
I’m hoping to get on the course in the next few days and I will post back then.

Bumping an old thread here.
I picked up a Jet Black 58-04 L grind and I really like it however I'm having troubles controlling distance.
This is the first time I've used a "Wedge Flex" in a wedge in a long time.
It's just seems that the ball just jumps off the face.
Maybe because I've played more forgiving wedges in recent past (CBX2 & MD CB's) I have to get used them.

Thought I would throw the question out there.

Back