CarstenBF

Reaction score
Handicap
These are dirt cheap atm. Can anyone recommend them? I'd go hit them of course, but can't find any shops that still carry them around here. If I like the R9's am I likely to enjoy the R7's aswell?

Had my mind set on the 09 Burners, but since I'm on a budget and stumbled upon a great offer for the R7's it got me thinking. Just seems like great value for money. Any thoughts would be welcome.

-Carsten Frederiksen

I did not care for the R7s, but I think I am in the minority. They were kind of harsh feeling. I will say that they feel nothing like the R9s. For the money, if they work for your game on a monitor, then it is worth it. For me, I just did not care for the feel. Yet I love the feel of the R9s.

Ok. Fast reply JB! :smile:

Think they're off my radar again then. "Harsh" would be a big turn-off for me when it comes to irons. Kind of relieving as I'm really hooked on the Burners. I'll probably go for a fitting session the coming week. See if my body agrees with my head.

Last edited:
I liked the R7. I had a set before trading them for a set of R7 TP's. I have seen some great deals on new sets. Steel or graphite. If you have a chance to hit them, they might be perfect.

Ok. Fast reply JB! :smile:

Think their off my radar again then. "Harsh" would be a big turn-off for me when it comes to irons. Kind of relieving as I'm really hooked on the Burners. I'll probably go for a fitting session the coming week. See if my body agrees with my head.

I liked the R7. I had a set before trading them for a set of R7 TP's. I have seen some great deals on new sets. Steel or graphite. If you have a chance to hit them, they might be perfect.

Perfect example of why everybody should hit as many clubs as they can. For me they were near the bottom of my list while the R9s are near the top. Yet for others they work perfectly.

I have Tour Burners. My 12 year old daughter plays lady R7's. She makes fun of the thick top line of my Burners. She's mean to her dad. Of course she'll be a better player than me in a year or two, so I gladly take the abuse. She likes them a lot, and gets concerned when I mention her switching to R9's in a year or so.

Personally, I like the look of the R7's better than the Burners. Thinner sole and top line appeals to me, but when I bought the Burners they did not have lefty sets of the R7's on the rack, and I was not going to buy a set of irons I had not hit. I picked the Burners up one morning on the way to the course. Sometimes I do that kind of thing. I like them, but not the wedges. They look too fat so I carry three Vokeys.

Kevin

Perfect example of why everybody should hit as many clubs as they can. For me they were near the bottom of my list while the R9s are near the top. Yet for others they work perfectly.

Exactly, JB. I think you like the feel of a forged club. The R7 being a cast club, feel different. The shaft can totally change that feel. The std DG shaft probably adds to that.

r7

r7

I did not care for the R7s, but I think I am in the minority. They were kind of harsh feeling. I will say that they feel nothing like the R9s. For the money, if they work for your game on a monitor, then it is worth it. For me, I just did not care for the feel. Yet I love the feel of the R9s.

I share the same opinion as jb. the r7 felt harsh even with graphite shafts.
L57

Great replies guys, thanks.

but when I bought the Burners they did not have lefty sets of the R7's on the rack
Yeah, same problem here. Hence this thread.

Exactly, JB. I think you like the feel of a forged club. The R7 being a cast club, feel different. The shaft can totally change that feel. The std DG shaft probably adds to that.

The R9s are cast and I think they are some of the softest I have hit this year.

Back