Took the PXG bait , and here are my way too early thoughts.

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
With the unreal deal on the 0211 line up, i picked up a 10.5 0211 Driver, and 4-GW 0211 irons.

Today got out to the range for the first time in forever, and obviously first time with my new PXG sticks, and while anything can happen i am happy with my purchase.

In the driver i went with the EvenFlow Riptide CB 60 at 45.5, and Irons i took a big chance and went with MMT 80, and for a lighter weight graphite they stood up just fine and excelled even with my aggressive swing.

PXG 0211 (2021) irons look great, and even though i hate offset the 4 and 5 irons hide it well and rest of the set it drops off quickly. When i did my part and granted only hit the G,W, 9 and 7, i saw a nice strong mid/high (more mid than high) and they feel great, and i have hit Mizunos, srixons, and Epons . This was my first experience with a hollow body irons, and so far i like the feel , it's just hard to explain. I can see that i may have to look into dropping the 3 or 5 wood (all depends on how the 4 and 5 irons work for me ) going to a 52,56,60 wedge set up.

PXG 0211 Driver, well what can i saw, love , love, love the look, sound is very good strong crack, and distance was about 235-250 in the air, which for me, in today's heat, bum leg, wind in the face, and a swing that was far from impressive really excited me for what could be possible.

Only mistake i made was settling for the stock grips, they are ok, but i should have paid the 10.00 a club for one of the upgrade options.

Last edited:
i have avoided the deals on the 0211 irons but always go back and put them in my cart...

My buddy jumped on the deal for the irons and he’s in love with them so far. Enjoy the shiny new sticks!

They’re great clubs. I got hooked on PXG last year bc of the Proto driver. Liked it so much that I now have Gen4 driver, 3w, and 2h

I originally set up my fitting (with PXG fitter in L.A.) because of the 0211 iron "sale" which was then $99/club. However I ended up with the 0311P Gen 2 irons (6-GW) at $120/club (now $109!). I also got the 0211 driver, 2 hybrids and a 5W over the course of 2 more fitting sessions (fee waived for all). I'm very happy with all of them and customer service has been outstanding. I've been considering adding the 0341x 3 wood while the sale price is $225 because a couple of buddies have it and love it, but holding off, in part, due to the $30 shipping cost for 1 club. All in all, great clubs, great price and great service have made me a believer. I wish I could figure out Parsons' pricing strategy. I could see getting the Gen4 irons next year if he cuts their price to <$150/club.

Ordered the 0211 DC irons yesterday for $89 each.
look forward to your thoughts and experience with them, what shaft did you go with, any other changes like length, loft or lie?

I have been considering the Gen 2 irons. I just wish they had more shaft options that didn’t carry an up charge

I have been considering the Gen 2 irons. I just wish they had more shaft options that didn’t carry an up charge

I get that, i was surprised to see the MMT at no upcharge one reason i took a chance, and today i can say I was glad i did. Usually after the first range day in a long time i usually have a bit of hand/forearm soreness, today nothing. Depending on the weather i hope to get out Friday for some more practice

I get that, i was surprised to see the MMT at no upcharge one reason i took a chance, and today i can say I was glad i did. Usually after the first range day in a long time i usually have a bit of hand/forearm soreness, today nothing. Depending on the weather i hope to get out Friday for some more practice
I’d love to give graphite a chance! I’m only 24 but I hit graphite in some demo Taylormades a couple of years ago and really liked it. The drop off in weight, along with a higher swing speed make me nervous though

I’d love to give graphite a chance! I’m only 24 but I hit graphite in some demo Taylormades a couple of years ago and really liked it. The drop off in weight, along with a higher swing speed make me nervous though

I was in the 110-115 MPH range for a number of years, but now i am down closer to 95-100 since i don't play much or practice (two kids 4 &6), and i am 46 vs 25-30. That said, i have a very aggressive move to the ball, and the MMT held up, i have played, KBS , Nippon, DG, and these feel as stable as any of them from memory and in fact i have better feel for where the head is at over anything before.

I was in the 110-115 MPH range for a number of years, but now i am down closer to 95-100 since i don't play much or practice (two kids 4 &6), and i am 46 vs 25-30. That said, i have a very aggressive move to the ball, and the MMT held up, i have played, KBS , Nippon, DG, and these feel as stable as any of them from memory and in fact i have better feel for where the head is at over anything before.
Was it difficult moving from a 120+ gram shaft to <90 gram shaft?

I've bought a few things from PXG. Blackjack Putter which was a huge miss for me. I just couldn't get comfortable with the weighting of it.

And then I bought a 0211 7 wood to add to my bag for one certain hole at my home course. I honestly love the 7 wood. For the price it was worth it. I also get the first responder discount so that helped.

I understand them being annoying - they really are, but if the price is right I'll try anything.

I've bought a few things from PXG. Blackjack Putter which was a huge miss for me. I just couldn't get comfortable with the weighting of it.

And then I bought a 0211 7 wood to add to my bag for one certain hole at my home course. I honestly love the 7 wood. For the price it was worth it. I also get the first responder discount so that helped.

I understand them being annoying - they really are, but if the price is right I'll try anything.

after seeing how the 0211 driver did, i kind of wish i would have added the 3 wood to my order but not going to pay 60.00 shipping for one club.

after seeing how the 0211 driver did, i kind of wish i would have added the 3 wood to my order but not going to pay 60.00 shipping for one club.

This is my only gripe with PXG. Especially those of us that can take part in the heroes discount - they still sock you for shipping. Maybe I'm just old, but give me shipping off an increase the price of the club. That would be more appealing.

But yeah the 7 wood has been super consistent. I really like the feel of it. I'd like to try their irons, but I haven't gotten there yet.

I love the MMT shaft in my Gen 2 irons and it's often an upcharge option in other lines. But at $109/club any of their upcharge options still keep the price below $160 which is still a great value for a premium iron.

I own and use the GEN 2 XFs. They were perfect my needs/wants at the time I purchased, they have met my expectations and I can see myself keeping them even if/as I improve I gravitate to something less game improvementesque. These would be great for any winter rounds and early season getting the swing back rounds before switching to the other clubs.

The price was superb, and the time from order to receipt - incredible (given the state of the golf world today). Me, I like the grips - I will certainly replace them when needed, but up to this point - great - maybe my getting midsize made the difference?

By the way, according to the Maltby playability factor, the GEN 2 is higher than either GEN 1 or GEN 3 - GEN 4 was not listed at all.

I have the 0211 3w,5w,7w and 0211 DC irons 5-LW and spitfire putter.
Currently use the proto driver. I have just ordered the gen 4 xf driver as I had £100 credit to use and the price has come down a good bit.

My handicap index has come down 3 strokes already using the pxg set.

Love my setup so far

5DE553E2-D218-461B-8852-8851AAF59EB1.gif
Enjoy your new sticks...!!!

I have the 0211 3w,5w,7w and 0211 DC irons 5-LW and spitfire putter.
Currently use the proto driver. I have just ordered the gen 4 xf driver as I had £100 credit to use and the price has come down a good bit.

My handicap index has come down 3 strokes already using the pxg set.

Love my setup so far

Just got the 0211 7 wood delivered can't wait to get out and hit some 210 approach shots again 👍

Attachments

• PXL_20210630_192350466.jpg
    PXL_20210630_192350466.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 47
The 0211 fairways are so easy to hit and they go like missiles. I struggled with 3 wood off the deck, but no such problems with the 0211 3 wood.
The 7 wood is my weapon of choice on long par 3 holes as it launches high

Just got the 0211 7 wood delivered can't wait to get out and hit some 210 approach shots again 👍

so clean, hard to beat the looks right off the bat.

The 0211 fairways are so easy to hit and they go like missiles. I struggled with 3 wood off the deck, but no such problems with the 0211 3 wood.
The 7 wood is my weapon of choice on long par 3 holes as it launches high
that seems to be what i hear, very easy off the deck and quality height, yes kicking myself more, but my F9 3&5 wood have treated me well, and great off the deck

Seeing as how PXG just dropped the price AGAIN, I may have to jump on these now!

Seeing as how PXG just dropped the price AGAIN, I may have to jump on these now!
Actually some lines went up in price from June to July. Some went down. Fortunately the one I had my eye on went down 😀

Back