Took the PXG bait , and here are my way too early thoughts.

There are some deals right now that are crazy good. If you qualify for the Heroes program, they have dropped the 0211 Dual Core iron price to $79/club, the 0211 STs are just $69/club. I just bought a new set of the Gen 3 XP’s at $99/club which is less than a 3rd of what they usually cost.

Military and First Responders qualify. I didn’t look at non-Heroes pricing but guessing they have similar price drops. Just thought I’d share.
Ah man. Wish I could get the Gen 3’s for that. Nice discount

The 0211DC’s are SO much easier to hit than my old irons. With the stronger lofts I am swinging easier while also hitting the ball further AND straighter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 0211DC’s are SO much easier to hit than my old irons. With the stronger lofts I am swinging easier while also hitting the ball further AND straighter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What were your previous irons ?

What were your previous irons ?

Maltby KE4 Tour +. I liked those a lot. But I probably had the wrong shafts. (UST Competition Series)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to PXG Boston in Framingham today. Was looking to replace my F8 3w and Hybrid.
After trying out the 3w I tried a 5w and man o man that felt nice with a much better launch.

So I got a Gen5 5w with a Evenflow riptide shaft for $239 with the 1st responder discount.
I will order the 3H next month its the same price as the 5w.

The new PXG spot is really nice they have 3 hitting bays and almost every shaft available. They did NOT have any Lin-Q shafts though.

Went to PXG Boston in Framingham today. Was looking to replace my F8 3w and Hybrid.
After trying out the 3w I tried a 5w and man o man that felt nice with a much better launch.

So I got a Gen5 5w with a Evenflow riptide shaft for $239 with the 1st responder discount.
I will order the 3H next month its the same price as the 5w.

The new PXG spot is really nice they have 3 hitting bays and almost every shaft available. They did NOT have any Lin-Q shafts though.
Looks like you had a nice experience with your fitter.
Did they have to move the weights around?

I'll repeat what I posted earlier, don't know if the store make any money however you can't beat the presentation they provide for their products.

I would tell you watch eBay for the Hybrid - PXG puts their returns there.
I picked up a 5h in "Good Condition" (I thought it was in Excellent condition) for $100 Shipped with an original headcover.

Looks like you had a nice experience with your fitter.
Did they have to move the weights around?

I'll repeat what I posted earlier, don't know if the store make any money however you can't beat the presentation they provide for their products.

I would tell you watch eBay for the Hybrid - PXG puts their returns there.
I picked up a 5h in "Good Condition" (I thought it was in Excellent condition) for $100 Shipped with an original headcover.
I actually did the exact same thing, (I want to say last Sunday morning?) except mine was in Excellent condition. I ordered the Gen5 X 17* and I paid $105 because they had a sale on LH stuff.
The club arrived yesterday with a wrench and HC, and it was brand new. I’ve hit about 50 balls with it and I love it so much I just returned a G425 5W this afternoon under 90 day playability and ordered a TSi2 24* hybrid to match my 21*. If I didn’t have the playability which made it a $30 purchase I’d have gone with the Gen5 instead.

Won a new Black Ops driver in an Instagram giveaway. Getting fit this morning for it. I’ll update y’all on my thoughts. I’m 32 and I’ve been playing golf since I was roughly 13. First time fitting for me. 🤯

Won a new Black Ops driver in an Instagram giveaway. Getting fit this morning for it. I’ll update y’all on my thoughts. I’m 32 and I’ve been playing golf since I was roughly 13. First time fitting for me. 🤯
Awesome! Congrats on the win, looking forward to the fitting report.

Congrats!! Can’t wait to hear about the fitting and performance!

Looking forward to hearing about the fitting.

Congrats!!!

Very cool. It will be interesting to see how the fitting goes. You are a pretty good golfer and never having been fit you could potentially see a jump. Have you spent any time on a launch monitor to confirm if your current driver is a decent fit?

Very cool. It will be interesting to see how the fitting goes. You are a pretty good golfer and never having been fit you could potentially see a jump. Have you spent any time on a launch monitor to confirm if your current driver is a decent fit?
My local range has TopTracer technology and I have a PRGR launch monitor at home at home. My numbers are pretty good according to both of them. I did go with the Ping G425Max for more help with accuracy off the tee, but it definitely isn't as hot off the face as some of the other drivers I have tried over the years.

My local range has TopTracer technology and I have a PRGR launch monitor at home at home. My numbers are pretty good according to both of them. I did go with the Ping G425Max for more help with accuracy off the tee, but it definitely isn't as hot off the face as some of the other drivers I have tried over the years.

If you have done some work to check your numbers are at least solid you may not pick up a ton. That said the G425 is not a fast driver so I would be surprised if you can't pick up a bit of distance. I wouldn't expect it will be 30 yards though.

If you have done some work to check your numbers are at least solid you may not pick up a ton. That said the G425 is not a fast driver so I would be surprised if you can't pick up a bit of distance. I wouldn't expect it will be 30 yards though.
Oh, I don't need 30 yards. I'd be happy with 10-15 yards more off the tee. If I could be in the 285-290 range, that would be great. Seems like when I really smoke my Ping, I'm still only in the 270-275 range. Which is still awesome, I'd just like to see if this proper fitting gets me those extra yards.

Oh, I don't need 30 yards. I'd be happy with 10-15 yards more off the tee. If I could be in the 285-290 range, that would be great. Seems like when I really smoke my Ping, I'm still only in the 270-275 range. Which is still awesome, I'd just like to see if this proper fitting gets me those extra yards.
What kind of clubhead speed are you bringing? That G425 is very forgiving so depending on how forgiving the PXG is I could see longer on best hits but potentially not as much on average.

Since we’re on the topic of fittings, has anyone hit the 0317 filled cavities? What were your thoughts?

What kind of clubhead speed are you bringing? That G425 is very forgiving so depending on how forgiving the PXG is I could see longer on best hits but potentially not as much on average.
I'm in the 105 to 110 range.

@MGoBlue @BuffaloPlunger @JDax @Chef23

Ok fitting report...

That was one of the most fun experiences I have ever had. I now understand the benefits of fitting. The PXG Rep was fantastic. Very friendly and knowledgeable.

I hit roughly 45 balls and I was able to try 8 shafts. I thought I would be exhausted by the end but I wasn't at all.

My last drive of the session is pictured below. I can't wait to get this thing in hand. Warming up with my Ping G425Max, I was in the 275-yard range. I'll take a 25-yard increase thanks to a proper fitting.

IMG_7729.jpg

Last edited:

Ok fitting report...

That was one of the most experiences I have ever had. I now understand the benefits of fitting. The PXG Rep was fantastic. Very friendly and knowledgeable.

I hit roughly 45 balls and I was able to try 8 shafts. I thought I would be exhausted by the end but I wasn't at all.

My last drive of the session is pictured below. I can't wait to get this thing in hand. Warming up with my Ping G425Max, I was in the 275-yard range. I'll take a 25-yard increase thanks to a proper fitting.

View attachment 9239295
Those numbers look stout, congrats!!!!

Ok fitting report...

That was one of the most experiences I have ever had. I now understand the benefits of fitting. The PXG Rep was fantastic. Very friendly and knowledgeable.

View attachment 9239295
Can’t argue with those numbers!

Ok fitting report...

View attachment 9239295

So what is the combination you are getting?

So what is the combination you are getting?

Black Ops 0311 Driver in 9 degrees (flat setting) with a Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 65 X shaft

Wow, 302 yards and ZERO curve! Again, wow! Congrats on a solid fitting.

Back