Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

That's my frustration as well... @donny475 - but it's a small issue overall once you find your setting.
so true, once i get it in the place i wan t, i will change my grip.....and i believe it may be set....I mean A grip takes maybe 5 minutes out in the garage...

That is a bit of a bummer when you like a grip with align in it. If you like the Tour Velvet 360, it is isn’t a problem at all.
I like the Golf Pride MCC+4 grips.. so.. 🤷‍♂️

Here you go @Gman79 ! Check out the new TEE driver. The TEEm has been putting them through their paces, with a few more THPers jumping in. Excited for you to give it a go and compare the C721 with the EXS 220!

Here you go @Gman79 ! Check out the new TEE driver. The TEEm has been putting them through their paces, with a few more THPers jumping in. Excited for you to give it a go and compare the C721 with the EXS 220!

Awesome - not sure how I missed all this action. Great write ups Team 2021... love the data as well @gkeller813 bringing the boom stick with him! Nice distances and more importantly placement. seems like they took the EXS 220 successes, broke them down piece by piece and reconstructed a carbon fiber monster injected with distance juice while keeping the two aspects that were from dreams - sound and diamond face (Mega launcher).

Someone asked it and i will be happy to add or leave it to @gkeller813 on the EXS 220 vs 721 comparison... will be going toe to toe in our round Saturday!

I am more and more enamored with this driver every time i take it out. Played at Waterchase yesterday and I hit the Driver on 5 holes on the front and 5 holes on the back. I hit every fair way and i had adjusted the driver to 11 degrees and put on the Stiff Ventus Red i had already, and this thing was just "SENDING IT". I hit some of the longest and straightest drives i had hit in many months.
SO GLAD AND honored to be a part of Tour Edge this 2021 season....and yes, playing 18 tomorrow morning at Prairie Lakes and I expect more of the same.....Loving the C721

Hey @donny475 I am curious if you know your swing speed.

I am playing the ventus red stiff as well, though I changed the loft from 10.5 to 9.5 and with the steepest lie angle.

The reason I ask is my swing speee ranges from slow controlled 91 mph and my let loose 99 mph. I figured having a little more stiffness vs regular might be better for overall accuracy. I also plan to do some training this year to bring the speed up to 95-105 for my range.

Just curious what your swing speed is since you are one of the only other guys who is also trying the venuts red stiff.

When swinging the Stiff RED I am averaging right at 104/105

Session in finally on GC2 for the homepage review I’m writing.

LOW EFFING SPIN is confirmed. :oops:

Speeds were OK, not the fastest head I’ve hit this year, but maybe the lowest spinning with an absurd forgiveness to it given that.

Speeds were OK, not the fastest head I’ve hit this year, but maybe the lowest spinning with an absurd forgiveness to it given that.

low spin and forgiving, I think many will enjoy that.

I saw 1600 on the low end and 2200 on the high :oops:

I'm surprised only 1600 on the low haha
Tell you what though, if you get that launch in the right spot, holy distance BatJamesMan

I saw 1600 on the low end and 2200 on the high :oops:

I am continually amazed by this head in both the low spin and forgiveness. And your numbers are real as i have seen them. I hit a drive Saturday morning on 18, an uphill 350yard Dogleg left. was not p[leased who i hit it as it was a touch on the toe and was a low draw. When we were walking up to our balls i was still not happy until one of my group, said, "quit screwing around, your up there" my ball was literally 50 yards up and i had 55 yds to pin. snapped a spinner to two feet and won a skin and the nine.....the SIM just sits in the corner of the home office gathering dust.

When swinging the Stiff RED I am averaging right at 104/105
Thanks Donny. I might have to contact TEE and try a regular shaft now, until my training gets up to the 100mph and above mark.

Got a time this Sunday at Cordova Bay, looking forward to more time with this bad ass boom stick!
👊

Fun story about the accuracy and distance of this driver:

I'm at the range and at this range they have yardage markers that are probably 2 feet wide, and about 4-5 feet tall. Metal. The end of the range backs up to a fairway of hole #8. I have the C721 driver out, and smack one, right on line with my aiming point, the 250 yard marker. It flies and hits it straight out of the air, and if sounded almost like a gun shot. There were some guys on #8, about 30 yards beyond this, behind the net, and they flinch, drop down a bit, and look around wonder what is happening. Gave them a little scare I think :ROFLMAO:. It was a good laugh, after the fact for them.

But seriously, this thing it great. I was putting it down range with a great flight. Just need to adjust tee height a bit to maximize my distance, and find the center of the face a bit more. I flew most of them right around the 250 marker, and am seeing plenty of roll out if I hit the fairway. A fun club to hit.

How does it compare to the EXS drivers which were also low spin?

Cant wait to live this one out on Saturday, but i am not a machine so results may vary.

EXS 220 wasn’t really low, more on the mid side of low mid, the Pro was low. This for me is as low as that, but much more forgiving.

Hit the c721 today. 9.5* with the rdx blue 70 6.0. Surprisingly low spin. I hit some that were under 2K, and that's crazy for me. Most strikes were spinning around 2.5K with launch around 13.5. On good strikes sound is good. On mishits it makes more of a clank, but the ball keeps good speed. I don't know if I will keep it -- would likely prefer a different shaft -- but it is right there with the drivers from the big guns. And it is one of the best among the low spin options that I have hit.

Think my weight kit arrived today. Will
Play around with different options when I get back home.

Getting out tomorrow, and 2 more THPers will get to try out this C721! Excited to see what it can do in their hands!

Get ready @Nate<80 and @Gman79 !!

More looks into data as I write my article and I keep coming back to two things:

1) The spin is LOW. It’s 220 Pro realm, but with forgiveness.

2) The speed is ok, it’s not tops, but it’s good.

The playability is through the roof.

The playability is through the roof.
This is why I've loved it so far. It keeps me coming back for more because I know I can put a good swing on and get it out there, but I can also make a less than perfect swing and it'll still be playable more often than not. Keeping the ball in play, eliminating penalties, and still getting it out there is fun golf for me. This is a great club for fun golf!

Making a Trip to the Course tomorrow am early, looking so forward to hitting all the fairways.....:unsure:

Getting out tomorrow, and 2 more THPers will get to try out this C721! Excited to see what it can do in their hands!

Get ready @Nate<80 and @Gman79 !!
Hope you are ok with a few marks on the center of the club face! Hahahahaha

Hoping to get back out with mine next week. Rained here in LA for the last 5 days

Back