Tour Edge C721 Hybrid Review

I know this has been mentioned here a bunch lately, and I definitely confirmed that theory last riund out.
It’s why I only hit it when the par 5 second shot has little to no danger, it’s not worth it most swings. But a 5 wood..... ;)

For me it comes back to how it handles Mn winds - and that I know where it’s going. Need to have something that I can keep low and go about 220-230 when I really need it off the tee.
Believe me, I understand wind, it’s in our state song :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It’s why I alternate them based on the day being honest. Worked well last season.

Have not had on of these in hand yet. As to size would it be fair to say it’s midsize between a more compact hybrid design and a common fairway wood say 5 or 7 wood

Last edited:
Truly, either. That’s an honest answer, I blame having to hit all these different clubs all these years haha

It’s all about what a person is most confident standing over. A slightly shallow faced fairway that offers more low back CG to aid elevation, or a hybrid that offers a face between an iron and fairway as well as a size profile between them.

Don’t overlook the Tour Edge ironwoods. They are like a cross between an iron and a hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this one in hand yesterday. Had an older ping vibe to it with the two tone top line and shape wise. I was thinking G25/Karsten-ish.
7FF14F25-B628-4508-8E9E-9914472BF88C.jpeg

Don’t overlook the Tour Edge ironwoods. They are like a cross between an iron and a hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean, the utilities they make are good. Did this little ditty on one last year ;)

Anyone buy this hybrid? Looking at it right now in store and it is quite tempting....

Anyone buy this hybrid? Looking at it right now in store and it is quite tempting....
I have bought the 3 & 4 hybrid. I have really liked them so far, very accurate. I was able to play nine the other day in less than ideal conditions and the course was empty. I was hitting from 195-200 out with the 4H and was on the green or pin high with most shots. The 3h was going about 210-215 and I was having the same results. These have secured the position in the bag for the year.

I received the 2hybrid from the NCAA bracket challenge and I am impressed so far. It is very easy to hit and goes a long way in the couple rounds I've used it so far. If this continues I am going to be in the market for another degree as well.

This hybrid is flying under the radar. I have been striping both of these things. Straight and high. 200 yard into the wind/rain par 3 was pin high with the 4H. Smoked a 3h on a par 5 to get to the front of the green. I am really digging the :touredge: C721 line.

I received the 2hybrid from the NCAA bracket challenge and I am impressed so far. It is very easy to hit and goes a long way in the couple rounds I've used it so far. If this continues I am going to be in the market for another degree as well.

You knocked the piss out of it on that par 5. That was a straight laser

Man I'm really pondering on this. I've had a gaping hole in my bag since I lost my 3w last year, sitting at 4iron to Driver. I've been kicking around the idea of putting a 3h in play, and honestly at $129 brand new it almost seems like a no brainer. Admittedly the VKTR+ certainly have some appeal given everything but driver is BH, and the B21 (like my driver) hybrids are now on CPO. Have a feeling I'll stop pondering and pull the trigger on something here in the coming weeks :LOL:

Are you guys going with the stock lengths?

I'm thinking about going .5-1" shorter to get closer to iron lengths for distance gapping.

I'm going to try and find a fitter in my area this week.

Considering the way the C721 4i has been performing, really considering adding a hybrid of some sort. I'm sure this one would perform great, because the rest of the line has been 🔥🔥

Seems a bit larger profile than the Exs pro... Not a fan of the carbon on this even though I like it on driver.

Seems a bit larger profile than the Exs pro... Not a fan of the carbon on this even though I like it on driver.
Have you seen one in hand?

Can only imagine how good this must be. I have the HL C721 and it is reealllyyy good.

I have the 4h of this. It is slightly longer profile than my M3 hybrids. First (and only) time I used out of long rough it caught the tip and slightly open faced on me. It did launch high with good ball flight just went off to right. I then dropped another ball and tried the m3 4h with great success. I still use the C721 in place of 4i but kept my M3 with loft cranked to 22.5 and shorted shaft for those longer out of tall rough shots.
Only other issue I had was the KBS shaft recommended for my slow swing speed seemed unresponsive so I installed a Recoil ES hybrid from my old M3 3h. That woke it up.
Now the top end of the bag is all TE except the modified M3 hybrid - C721 10.5 driver, C721 5w, the 4h, and EXS 220 6h.

I'm super pumped to add a 5h of this in the bag! Going to be a fun experiment.

Bought a TSi2 3H but learning that it won't get here for 6 weeks has me looking elsewhere as my season will be winding down by then.
I went to GolfTown to try one of these C721 3H but they don't have any anywhere apparently. The lower price point is attractive to me in the hybrid spot and based on this thread it doesn't sound like it sacrifices performance to the more expensive options out there. Do I blind buy and hope it arrives sooner?

very very interested in this one!

Bought a TSi2 3H but learning that it won't get here for 6 weeks has me looking elsewhere as my season will be winding down by then.
I went to GolfTown to try one of these C721 3H but they don't have any anywhere apparently. The lower price point is attractive to me in the hybrid spot and based on this thread it doesn't sound like it sacrifices performance to the more expensive options out there. Do I blind buy and hope it arrives sooner?
I can't speak to the hybrid, but the rest of the C721 lineup has been fantastic. I think it would be very difficult to beat the performance per dollar in the C721 hybrid as well.

CB4C94CC-8D0B-474D-B10D-97167984A44D.jpegFB1B6D5E-CA67-46FA-B120-C6FD5451C7C5.jpegD4ABEC7D-3D35-4F3F-94F7-A59483097FF4.jpeg

Back