Tour Edge Exoctics XCG-6 Hybrids

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
I went to the golf store today in my never-ending quest to find new hybrids. I tested the G25 which is the one I have wanted and do hit most consistently. I was comparing it again to my Rapture V2 20* and still didnt see much but one yard of difference with the G25 beind the longest at 179 average today. Visited a second golf store (its an addiction) doing similar testing with similar numbers. I was perusing through the new offerings and saw the TEE XCG-6 hybrids an thought I would give it a go. I game their FWs and absolutely love them.

I selected the 22* 4h and began to hit a few balls on the simulator. I was blown away with this club. I was striking it very well and the weight was great and I was getting all the way through the shot. I averaged 190-195 carry. Tried the 3H and was gettign similar numbers. No real change in distance so I just grabbed the 4H for the bag and will snag the 5H next week. The 4H just blew away all other hybrids I had tested this year. Glad I picked this one up and cant wait to game it tomorrow to see how she really performs.

Heading out to dinner with the wife but I had to post this. Will put up a pic later tonight. Anyone else tried this out yet.

Also, tried the driver and I will speak to that later. WOW!!

7y2yjyma.jpg

pery8umu.jpg

edyvy7ez.jpg

qa8avana.jpg

5uga5ebu.jpg

Last edited:
Based on what the driver can do I can only imagine that these hybo's are very easy to hit and well balanced. I can't wait to hear your long term thoughts. I think you made a great choice.

Great news there Seemore. I am waiting until after Demo Day before I buy any clubs this year. But I want new hybrids and new wedges. I hope to hit these at demo day.

They certainly are nice and we have sold a few already. Interesting in the distance differences you were seeing between the Tour Edge and the Ping - I have not seen that big of a gap in any of my fittings. Hope it continues to perform!

I went to the golf store today in my never-ending quest to find new hybrids. I tested the G25 which is the one I have wanted and do hit most consistently. I was comparing it again to my Rapture V2 20* and still didnt see much but one yard of difference with the G25 beind the longest at 179 average today. Visited a second golf store (its an addiction) doing similar testing with similar numbers. I was perusing through the new offerings and saw the TEE XCG-6 hybrids an thought I would give it a go. I game their FWs and absolutely love them.

I selected the 22* 4h and began to hit a few balls on the simulator. I was blown away with this club. I was striking it very well and the weight was great and I was getting all the way through the shot. I averaged 190-195 carry. Tried the 3H and was gettign similar numbers. No real change in distance so I just grabbed the 4H for the bag and will snag the 5H next week. The 4H just blew away all other hybrids I had tested this year. Glad I picked this one up and cant wait to game it tomorrow to see how she really performs.

Heading out to dinner with the wife but I had to post this. Will put up a pic later tonight. Anyone else tried this out yet.

Also, tried the driver and I will speak to that later. WOW!!

I just put an XCG5 4 hybrid in the bag so I an interested in hearing how your 6 performs for you. I also am looking forward to your thoughts on the driver.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Yeah Bella I am eager to put it in play tomorrow to see if the simulator was juiced so to speak.

TapAhoy!

I spent some more time this afternoon hitting the XCG6 Driver/FWY/Hybos and it's astounding that these clubs get seemingly no attention. They must have Liquid Schwartz on the face or something.

Pics uploaded in OP.

TapAhoy!

Pics uploaded in OP.

TapAhoy!

SeeMore, have you hit the Callaway X Hot? As big a fan as I am of the TEE fairway woods, it seemed the X Hot was the hybrid that came closest to them launch and feel wise, including the TEE hybrids. I have not hit the XCG 6 outdoors, and that is purely based on hitting them side by side at PGA, so your mileage may vary.

I have hit the X Hot and agree totally that they are the closest to the TEEs. The XCG-6 just performed great on the screen. It makes an official audition tomorrow.

TapAhoy!

Very nice SMG. It is always great when you make a find like that.

Thanks LP. I am not one who usually buys without testing a club multiple times but there was just something about this one that I had to pull the trigger.

TapAhoy!

Im pumped to hear about on course numbers. I love it when things just click with a piece of equipment.

Ok. So I game the new hybrid today. The first hole which is 520 yard Par 5 and normally hit driver. I stepped up and hit the XCG 22* and hit it 201 to middle of FW.. Had 319 to hole and hit second shot 193 yards right down middle. Hit it several other times from airways to distances of 165, 180, 167 and 180 for an average of 181 yards. One of the 160 Yard shots was into a strong head wind and the other was a complete mishit.

So while not the incredible distances with the perfect conditions at the simulator from yesterday I have found this hybrid to be longer and I would hazard to say its about 7 or 8 yards longer that the G25. I must admit that I experienced Simulator Hype yesterday which I hadn't done in a while. It was still a positive first outing with this hybrid.

Really like the look and profile and weightof this club and going to stick with it a while because I think I can gain a few more yards with practice. The glossy black head.looks strong at address. Will do a comparison between this OZIK shaft and the AD which is much lighter later this week if possible to see.how it performs.

TapAhoy!

Great info - I'm seriously considering a bag overhall in the coming months and these are definitely interesting. I always always forget about TEE.

Good stuff there SMG!! I love my XCG5. I am really interested to read your thoughts on the shafts.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Ok. So I game the new hybrid today. The first hole which is 520 yard Par 5 and normally hit driver. I stepped up and hit the XCG 22* and hit it 201 to middle of FW.. Had 319 to hole and hit second shot 193 yards right down middle. Hit it several other times from airways to distances of 165, 180, 167 and 180 for an average of 181 yards. One of the 160 Yard shots was into a strong head wind and the other was a complete mishit.

So while not the incredible distances with the perfect conditions at the simulator from yesterday I have found this hybrid to be longer and I would hazard to say its about 7 or 8 yards longer that the G25. I must admit that I experienced Simulator Hype yesterday which I hadn't done in a while. It was still a positive first outing with this hybrid.

Really like the look and profile and weightof this club and going to stick with it a while because I think I can gain a few more yards with practice. The glossy black head.looks strong at address. Will do a comparison between this OZIK shaft and the AD which is much lighter later this week if possible to see.how it performs.

TapAhoy!

Since this thread was linked from another I have to ask if you're still gaming this or is your sig correct that you've got the i20?
I'd love a comparison

I've been playing TEE. for 4yrs. now and still love the way the ball comes off nice and clean and has that little ting when you hit it solid..
407736932.jpg

This club is legit. However, I would recommend that everyone give the xcg7 beta a shot. It is ridiculously long. Just a beast off the tee or fairway. Blows away any other hybrid I have hit. It goes longer and higher than my old Adams F12 3 wood. Just absolutely sick.

Just curious ... did you ever do a comparison between the Ozik shaft and the (more lighter) AD shaft? Please advise ...

Mike
MPM1960

I am interested in your onion on the shaft flex. I normally play stiff shafts but in my TEE xgc3's I use a regular flex. I have fujikura 80 gram shafts in them. Do you consider the matrix ozik at 51 grams to be a heavy shaft? What flex are you using and how would you rate it compared to the "label".

I have two hybrids and a 4w with the matrix shaft. To me anyway, the matrix shaft does feel pretty heavy. I like this shaft in the hybrids, but it didn't work as well (for me) in the 4-wood. I swapped the matrix for a graffalloy red in my 4 wood and have seen improved results. Haven't thought about swapping the matrix' out of my 3 and 4 hybrids because they are working well.

All are stiff flex, which play slightly strong. It just didn't feel right to me in the FW.

WITB%2B14.1.jpg

Last edited:
Back