Tour Edge Exotics CBX FW Wood Review

So, the 4w off the deck is ridiculous. I had lukewarm success there with the 3w when I reviewed it, but the 4w has been pretty freaking fun. Heck its actually launching a bit high off the tee and deck which is crazy for me to say.

Had 258 into a par 5 yesterday and hammered the 4w off the deck about 250 and ended up pin high 18 feet away. Didn't make the dang putt, but still!

More work needs to be done here, and I might need to take the 3w back from my HS player.

So, the 4w off the deck is ridiculous. I had lukewarm success there with the 3w when I reviewed it, but the 4w has been pretty freaking fun. Heck its actually launching a bit high off the tee and deck which is crazy for me to say.

Had 258 into a par 5 yesterday and hammered the 4w off the deck about 250 and ended up pin high 18 feet away. Didn't make the dang putt, but still!

More work needs to be done here, and I might need to take the 3w back from my HS player.

Sounds like the 200F in 4w is working pretty well off the deck. Did you tip trim it? IRC Accra doesn’t recommend tipping for 3w but they have recommendations for tipping based on loft.

Sounds like the 200F in 4w is working pretty well off the deck. Did you tip trim it? IRC Accra doesn’t recommend tipping for 3w but they have recommendations for tipping based on loft.
Not tipped. But, with it in a 4w I'm tempted. That, or the 300F might be the ticket.

Best shot with the 4w yesterday on the GC2:

157 ball speed
12.1 launch
3490 RPM
35y peak

Long. But, saying something I never say here, if I could get the launch and spin down a touch....

Last couple TEE releases have been awesome, so easy to hit.

157 ball speed
12.1 launch
3490 RPM
35y peak

Long. But, saying something I never say here, if I could get the launch and spin down a touch....

Forgot to update, I hit 158 ball speed with this one last week on the GC2.

Woah.

That said, the FX 2.0 is spinning a bit much for me to maximize the 4W as a tee club. So, next tinker with it, PX EvenFlow White T1100 75g 6.5!

Going to keep trying to hammer this one out the rest of the way for the spot in the bag, the way I see it, it has only one more challenger, the F85.

The Evenflow White T1100 has been installed......

Its a pretty badass looking setup, now I'm curious to see the flight.

157 ball speed
12.1 launch
3490 RPM
35y peak

Maybe time to get a 3w...

Must say these numbers look great for a FW off the deck.

Maybe time to get a 3w...

Must say these numbers look great for a FW off the deck.

Those are off the tee fwiw, I measure my 3/4w off the tee for the LM predominantly because that’s where I play them from the majority of the time.

Hit it with the White in it today, it’s going to be a monster pairing potentially in the 4w. Easy off the deck still, but more flat/piercing off the tee.

Excited to see Scott fit into these yesterday, they’re arguably the most well rounded, and longest, fairways out there.

My first 3 rounds with the 3 and 5 woods were not stellar by any means. Part of it was a setup issue which I fixed today and part was the 5 wood was a little high on the swing weight scale for my liking. Cut it down from just under 42.5" to 42.25" ( stock is listed as 42") today before my round and low and behold I did not miss it today in the 4 or 5 shots I hit with it. Another issue was likely getting used to a shaft I had never played. No more thoughts of putting my 6 or so year old XHot Pro FWs back in the bag.

What is a reasonable price on a new TEE CBX Fairway 15* with an Accra Fx300F M5 Dymtec shaft? There is one for sale close to me for $200!

Last edited:
Have Pre-Owned CBX 5W with HZDRUS Red 65 5.5 Regular Flex in a cart on Tour Edge PreOwned. Just need to hit send.

Have Pre-Owned CBX 5W with HZDRUS Red 65 5.5 Regular Flex in a cart on Tour Edge PreOwned. Just need to hit send.

So I did hit send that this bad boy is going to go in to the bag tonight.
Was just a little cheaper than a new one at Budget Golf with the THP Discount, however the TEPO has a 30 Day Trial with free returns that I've used before were as a new CBX at Budget as a 90 Day Play Guarantee that they would exchange for a different set up.

Let's see how this goes. Never really bagged an Exotics Fairway Wood that I didn't like.

I don't know why it took me so long to finally try one of these, but holy cow, I haven't found a fairway wood that I felt this confident to hit in quite some time, still might tweak the shaft a bit, but man finally a club on longer approaches that I know I can at least get out there a decent amount and can actually elevate a ball!

Tour Edge Exotics CBX FW Wood Review

So I did hit send that this bad boy is going to go in to the bag tonight.
Was just a little cheaper than a new one at Budget Golf with the THP Discount, however the TEPO has a 30 Day Trial with free returns that I've used before were as a new CBX at Budget as a 90 Day Play Guarantee that they would exchange for a different set up.

Let's see how this goes. Never really bagged an Exotics Fairway Wood that I didn't like.

So my club came from Tour Edge Pre-Owned today. It was brand new with the cello still on the face. Look how clean it was:
457f7bb82c044fa42464f442ad730142.jpg

2405c3b06ce70f2764a8a9e58d9569d0.jpg

So my club came from Tour Edge Pre-Owned today. It was brand new with the cello still on the face. Look how clean it was:
457f7bb82c044fa42464f442ad730142.jpg

2405c3b06ce70f2764a8a9e58d9569d0.jpg
I hope it works better for you than it did for me. Exact same set-up you got and even tried my tested and true Fuji shaft in it but just couldn't get anything but high, short and left out of it. The 3 wood, though, was a completely different story for me. Very solid results from it.

I hope it works better for you than it did for me. Exact same set-up you got and even tried my tested and true Fuji shaft in it but just couldn't get anything but high, short and left out of it. The 3 wood, though, was a completely different story for me. Very solid results from it.

Well so far based on my one range session, you seem to be right on track-
Not quote left but high and short - by about 15 yards to what I had hoped to gain.
I'm putting it in the bag this weekend - Let's see what I get from it.
This is the reason I bought it from TE so that if doesn't fit my bag, it goes back - no harm.

Well so far based on my one range session, you seem to be right on track-
Not quote left but high and short - by about 15 yards to what I had hoped to gain.
I'm putting it in the bag this weekend - Let's see what I get from it.
This is the reason I bought it from TE so that if doesn't fit my bag, it goes back - no harm.
It honestly really baffled me. Same shaft and a degree less than the 5 wood I had been playing for years. I guess some clubs just don't work as well with some swings as others. I had the exact same issue with the Heaven Wood 4 or 5 years ago when Callaway brought it back.

It honestly really baffled me. Same shaft and a degree less than the 5 wood I had been playing for years. I guess some clubs just don't work as well with some swings as others. I had the exact same issue with the Heaven Wood 4 or 5 years ago when Callaway brought it back.

Well, when you're right, you're right. Club didn't work for me either - I could get it to go straight by 15 yards shorter than I expect a 5w to go.
Contacted Tour Edge and it's going back and a credit back to me - no questions asked. Even Thanked me for trying their product.

Can't beat that 30 day play guarantee

Well, when you're right, you're right. Club didn't work for me either - I could get it to go straight by 15 yards shorter than I expect a 5w to go.
Contacted Tour Edge and it's going back and a credit back to me - no questions asked. Even Thanked me for trying their product.

Can't beat that 30 day play guarantee
May be that we just needed to find the right head and shaft combo. Based on my experience with the 3 wood, I have to think it is a darn good head. Can't beat that 30 day, no hassle guarantee.

Back