Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro Hybrid

Will be testing up in Coeur d'Alene by next week or at the latest, two weeks.

First testing was straight out of the box and no test flights. I had two great shots. This thing is a launcherid flight and straight.

I played exceptionaly well and only had two holes to use this club.

They were both 215+ and I hit this accurately and straight. Club weight balance is amazing!:):)

Looking forward to more thoughts on this one.

I’m in ponder mode
@JB, this club is The Hybrid of the year. I have had 5 rounds with it, and it has replaced my favorite club in my bag, actually it has been my favorite club for almost a decade (been in the bag for 8 years). I thought I would never switch.
can hit any shot I want. In addition to the standard shots, it is very workable from rough, high or low. I play Bethpage a lot so I need to have a go to shot from rough that I can hit anywhere from 180-220. This is the only hybrid I have tested in years that can do this (the only one previous was my xHot pro that was just replaced).

I am also a fan of the Tensei Grey shaft (mine is a 75x). My driver SS hovers 108-110, I play Tensei White 65x in my driver. The Grey is firm but it’s not a board. If you like the Tensei shafts this one fits nicely into the mix.

I have found that this club performs on course as well as it did in the range. Really high marks from me on this one.

Last edited:
PS.. the finish is very durable. On some of the low runners I hit from heavy rough I tend to hit a little high in the face, and the finish stands up nicely to this “abuse”

Another testing day in a scramble... Accurate as hell... Maybe the ventus would produceore yards... Flag was 220 and ended up in middle of green.. exceeded my expectations... No hooks or draws... Another long par 3 205 into the wind boom stick onto the green.

Also this club jumps off the face. Nice penetrating ball flight and still plenty of spin to stick greens. Definitely love the confidence I have... Even with the pro name.

Ok, at first I might not like a new product, can't hit it, then I give it a second go and change my mine. Same with this exs pro 2 hybrid. Mostly stingers but when I hit it pure, it actually goes a decent height. Played the Highlands golf course in Post Falls today and used the 2 hybrid every fairway hit longer than 175 yards. Sometimes I hit it twice (don't tell anybody). I hit one pure, straight down the middle, with good loft. Maybe as far as my 3 wood. I found, swing this club without trying to kill it, and let the club do the work. Wallah, I can finally hit it. Love the crack it makes on good hits. Now that I figured out how to swing it, it will stay in my bag. I didn't think a Pro type club with a stiff shaft would work for me, but it finally is. (y)

Still not sure on the ball path/height because the low low HZRDUS Shaft. it is working pretty well though and is a straight shooter.

Got out Thursday for a round. Only used the EXS Pro twice. First on a par 3 playing about 178. Usually that’s the yardage I hit my normal Xrail 4h. The Pro even off a short tee still is a low to mid flight. Tight draw that hit the middle of the green and skipped past a good 20 yds. Ended up on some hard pan and thinned my chip. So it was ping pong for a double.
73A409CA-E4AB-4408-87F4-3B128F3312FC.jpeg

The other time I used it was on a short par 4. Laid up just left of the bunker. Same low to mid flight tight draw.
Chipped to 5’ and made bird.
B00F2803-960A-4E6B-8481-0436C40480B0.jpeg

Ok, the honeymoon period is now over, and still in love. Beginning week 4 with the EXS Pro Hybrid still in the bag. I have about 10-12 rounds with it in the bag. I am still relying heavily on this club, it is a workhorse. Performs really well of the tee. I am able to flight it a little lower and get it out there off the tee, performs real well from the FW (really an anti hook club), and this club has really performed out of the rough. This club definitely brought some par 5 greens back into range. This season I have actually been carrying my driver about 10-15 yards further than previous years, and this has put me in a closer proximately on par 5's. I have found I have been left with the 230-240 range in on many pars fives, which for me has been an awkward distance for me because 3 wood would go too far, and my other hybrid would go no more that 220. The TE EXS pro has given me about 15 yards more (same loft), and has been very workable. I have had more eagle looks since bagging this club in the past 12 rounds, than I did all season long.

I have had several good players (both ams and a few pros) give it a try, the head pro at the course I work out of actually got one and is currently playing the exact same club/shaft as me. Any low handicappers out there give this one a try yet?? I am interested in your experience?

Just came back from a workcation in Idaho and I got out to two courses. On the first course, I exclusively played the 2 hybrid whenever it was even close. I hit it about 50/50. On the 50% positive hits, it was very pleasing. I like the sound and it goes a little low, but still acceptable. On the 50% negative hits, it was bad, really bad. From what I can tell, if you are a pure striker, you will love this thing. Nice sound and a real clean hit. If you are a hacker (like me), maybe the TEE 220 (non-pro) might be a better choice and I wish that was offered to me. On my second outing, I used my M6 3 wood, and 4/5 hybrids, and my score went down 5 strokes. Granted, it was an easier course (wider), but I struck those clubs about 90% pure. Nothing puts a smile on my face like a pure strike with my 3 wood and having it SAIL. Will the 2 EXS Pro Hybrid stay in my bag, probably not, but I am not giving up yet. As soon as the temperatures stop being over 110 degrees F around here, I will go out again and try and make hay with it. ;)

hit this club on a quick 9 3 times... long par 3 about 220... didnt have enough to get it there, but came off nicely. I duffed a Tee shot about 150 yards down the middle and proceeded to toe the hybrid sooo.... not a great result... I took this out on a par 5 with a narrow landing spot and boom perfection.... lower ball flight than expected, but straight as an arrow on all of these shots!

This one is relegated to a tee only club for me. But that is not surprising as I struggle with launch and spin. My older gamer Exotics Xrails hybrids have the stock light and soft Graphite Design shafts which helps my launch. Is it fun though to hit this off a short tee on those positional holes. Usually a low/mid tight draw that lands and runs forever. Sound and looks wise Tour Edge got this one right. No frills when looking down at it from the top. Just nice, black and traditional !!

Distance wise it gets out there too:
EXS Pro 22* 197yds
My normal gamer hybrid Xrail 23* (-1") - 180 yds
Epic Flash 7w (played at 23*)- 196 yds
Epic Flash 11w 925*) - 180
1599834188934.png

We have gut choking smoke in the Valley due to the fires, so the wife and I were limited to playing 9 holes on the local executive course. We started on the range and I hit a ton with the 2 TEE EXS Pro Hybrid. I hit about 50/50 right down the middle and a decent distance. So if you have been following along, I have not got along well with this hybrid, but I am getting better with it. It did not lend itself to being used on the executive course, mainly since my TEE EXS 220 driver was spot on and far, so no need for the hybrid. Playing 18 next Friday, so hoping for clearer skies.

I had another good weekend outing with my EXS pro. I am back to one round a week since my work responsibilities just increased for the fall. But the Hybrid was connected to two birdies (back to back no less) this last round, the first birdie I used it on the 2nd shot in, on a par five, and then the next birdie on the tee shot on a short par 4 (325 yard hole, had 80 in). Still cruising along happy with this club.

I thought about addding a 22* as a 4 iron replacement, but the 20 is so hot I am afraid that there will be too much of a gap between that and my 4 iron.

during every round that I have played this club since I began playing it at least one of my playing partners sass me what kind of Hybrid this is and who makes it. This past round this Hybrid was called sexy by one of my partners (referring to the look)

Last edited:
Right sooo not much from me on this club, until now. Life has taken me away from the course and into the office, but not today!

Had the chance to hot this a few times! During the round! Wow.... This is super long! I had a approach into par 5 ( duffed the second) sitting roughly 220 into the wind and air mailed this sucker... Straight as an arrow just a touch long! It felt sooo crisp and great sound.

Reactions: JB
Got to play this exc pro 2 hybrid a bunch yesterday. I would say, 2 out of 5 were amazing. The other 3, not so much. It is my go to hybrid when in the rough under trees, as it tends to stay low and go far. On the final hole par 5, my second shot I dropped another ball and used my fairway 3 wood and the 2 hybrid for a comparison. The 3W went about 200 yards with decent height. The exc Pro 2 went about 190, but a low stinger. The wife commented about the better shot from the 3W, but when we measured them out, only about 10 to 15 feet difference between them. I hit one shot with the exc Pro 2 hybrid right up the middle and seemed to go at least 200 yards, and on that hit you could tell immediately it was a good shot as the sound is amazing. For me, the shaft is wrong for my swing, and using a 2 hybrid may be more than my games needs, but for the right player, this will be a game changer. I hate to say it, but for anything except the deepest rough, I prefer my 3 wood.

How are people liking the tensei launch.... Mine with HZRDUS black are a line drive and might need some height

How are people liking the tensei launch.... Mine with HZRDUS black are a line drive and might need some height
I really like it, it seems to be a medium trajectory for me, so it is very versatile.

I play the 19* version of the EXS Hybrid with the Tensei AV silver, and I have decided this clubs goes too far..lol.. I carry it 235 on the trackman, and on course I have had a few over 250 with roll out (not hard and fast FWs either). This club is only about 10 yards shorter than my 3 wood (I play it at 16*). Leaves a large gap between my 5 iron (205ish), I don’t usually carry a 4iron because I carry a 64* Wedge instead and my five iron is strong lofted (24*) So i just ordered the same Hybrid in the 22*. i know it won’t be a huge difference in carry distance, but even if it’s 220-225 carry it will fill the gap a little better. Really love this Hybrid though. totally anti left Hybrid without a huge fade bias. Many times an anti left Hybrid would cut the ball to much for me. This Hybrid manages to not go left and flys pretty straight.

A
I play the 19* version of the EXS Hybrid with the Tensei AV silver, and I have decided this clubs goes too far..lol.. I carry it 235 on the trackman, and on course I have had a few over 250 with roll out (not hard and fast FWs either). This club is only about 10 yards shorter than my 3 wood (I play it at 16*). Leaves a large gap between my 5 iron (205ish), I don’t usually carry a 4iron because I carry a 64* Wedge instead and my five iron is strong lofted (24*) So i just ordered the same Hybrid in the 22*. i know it won’t be a huge difference in carry distance, but even if it’s 220-225 carry it will fill the gap a little better. Really love this Hybrid though. totally anti left Hybrid without a huge fade bias. Many times an anti left Hybrid would cut the ball to much for me. This Hybrid manages to not go left and flys pretty straight.
Awesome! You must love it to order another that in itself speaks volumes!

A

Awesome! You must love it to order another that in itself speaks volumes!
Though I am a team tour edge member I am a no BS type of person, especially when it comes to equipment testing. I thought the driver was pretty good, not as good as the SIM (or else I’d be playing it), but better than the Mavrik, the driver was limited because of shaft options. I wasn’t a fan of the Wingman because it sounded like crap off the face, but they really are onto something with the way it aligns and the balance (they just have to fix the insert).

But these hybrids are far and away better than anything else out in 2020. Especially for the better ball strikers out there. Mark my word these will start to have a cult following like the old TM Peanut hybrid years ago.

Last edited:
Ball flies, hit a few knock down shots.ow limo and needed some distance so rolled the dice and paid off.

If I'm hitting hooks with this club is it my ball position? Swing path? It's mainly a anti-left club by most. I get se severe right to left movement.

EXS220 driver, EXS Pro 4h and Wingman putter all went into the bag for Sunday mornings round. I started off a little shaky with a double and a bogey but then settled in with a 42 on the front. On the back, things clicked and managed to shoot +1 36.

Used the 4h to tee off with on a couple of shorter holes. The flight is still a bit lower than I'd like but it gets the ball out there with a good amount of roll.
Sound and finish are top notch. For those who like understated this hybrid is it. Clean black look at address. Footprint is a little smaller front to back than I would prefer but for those who like a smaller footprint there would be right up their alley.
Don't sleep on this one.

Ball flies, hit a few knock down shots.ow limo and needed some distance so rolled the dice and paid off.

If I'm hitting hooks with this club is it my ball position? Swing path? It's mainly a anti-left club by most. I get se severe right to left movement.

When I have clubs with too low of spin I snap hook them. This one is no different. I can snap hook it with the best of them when I short arm it and don't put a good swing on it.
When things click it's usually a slight push that doesn't quite draw back.

Just got the shipping notice on my 22*, so I am looking forward to comparing the ball flights and the carry distances of the 19* and the 22*. My 19* is a mid trajectory beast , I am hoping the 22* will fill the gap between my 3 wood and 5 iron (200-205) better. Right now my 3 wood carries 250, The 19* EXS is mid 230's. So I am hoping the 22* flights a little higher and is closer to the 215-220 carry range.

I got grouped up with some faster swing players this past weekend. We stepped up to a short par 4 narrow hole, where everybody usually clubs down.
I told the 3 guys to hit their normal tee shots with their own club. I then had them all hit the Pro 4h. 2 of the 3 guys actually hit it longer and straighter than their normal club (one hit a lofted fw and the other an older 3h). The other guy didn't quite catch it square but still was a playable result. They all commented on how clean this club looked and how pleasant the sound is.
The one guy playing the older 3h asked me where he could buy one. Told him the local golf shop carries TE so he was going to see if they one in stock if not order one.

I noticed that Tour Edge Preowned has some of these in stock again for a reasonable price. As of this morning the 22* Stiff HZRDUS Smoke Black was still available.

Received my 22 and 18 yesterday, both with Tensei AV silver S. Played today not in my regular course. Hit three times the 22 all for layups in par fives. Around 230. Mid trayectory. Will keep updating

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very cool to see some THPers get to test these out.

Always enjoyed my time with any TE equipment. Great feeback. Slipstream sole is probably one of my favorite soles on a hybrid ever.

Back