Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro Hybrid

My EXS Pro Hybrid arrived yesterday. (19* with a Tensei Grey AV Silver 75x).

As a TEEm Member I have been really looking forward to testing the TEE Hybrids from the time I was selected. I am the type of player that likes to hit things on the range and course when testing or being fit for a club, and to me I don't get to caught up in the launch monitor numbers (I refuse to do an indoor fitting because for me they don't work), as much as I look for what feels good in my hands and has the best dispersion in real world settings. I am currently playing a Callaway XHot pro with a Tour AD Di 85x, and this is by far been the longest standing club in my bag (been in there for 7 years), and is my favorite club in my bag. 7 years in the bag says a lot considering I usually get a new driver and FW every year or so.

Hybrids come in many size and shapes, and people definitely look for different things in their hybrids. For me looks and how it addresses the ball is primary. If something doesn't fit my eye at address or doesn't sit the way I like it to at address I won't even swing it. I like a smaller profile head that sits pretty square at address. The EXS pro addresses the ball exactly as I like. Sits square, has a smallish profile, definitely has the looks of a players hybrid. (One thing I hate is when a Hybrid sets up closed because I feel like I will hook it off the planet, conversely I hate when its sets up too open because I play a slight fade, so I feel like I have to manipulate the face not to over cut it). This sets up square to maybe a hair open, perfect to my eye. :cool:

My initial reaction was Dam this thing is good after the first few shots, and after about 20 or so I really started to think that this might be the one to replace the xHot. I still have more testing to do and will get it on-course tomorrow (and the PGA pro at the club hit it and really liked it as well, and he took it for more testing throughout the day today..... I hope he gives it back :unsure::unsure::ROFLMAO:).So far I would categorize the club as a Players Hybrid with forgiveness, same category as Mavrik Pro Hybrid, but better, more workable and definitely more forgiving. I play a slight fade , and was easily able to hit both fades and draws much easier than anything else I have tried (did I mention I have tried just about every major OEM Hybrid this season, TM, Callaway, PING, Titleist). I will post some more info after I play with it for a few rounds.

I snapped a few comparison pictures along side a Mavrik Pro (Top) TE Pro (Middle), XHot Pro (Bottom)
IMG_2936.JPG
Mavrik Pro Top and EXS Pro Bottom
IMG_2937.JPG

IMG_2934.JPG

Great feedback @Long Shot

Interesting half the TEEm got theirs. Mine hasn’t hasn’t even shipped yet.

My EXS Pro Hybrid arrived yesterday. (19* with a Tensei Grey AV Silver 75x).

As a TEEm Member I have been really looking forward to testing the TEE Hybrids from the time I was selected. I am the type of player that likes to hit things on the range and course when testing or being fit for a club, and to me I don't get to caught up in the launch monitor numbers (I refuse to do an indoor fitting because for me they don't work), as much as I look for what feels good in my hands and has the best dispersion in real world settings. I am currently playing a Callaway XHot pro with a Tour AD Di 85x, and this is by far been the longest standing club in my bag (been in there for 7 years), and is my favorite club in my bag. 7 years in the bag says a lot considering I usually get a new driver and FW every year or so.

Hybrids come in many size and shapes, and people definitely look for different things in their hybrids. For me looks and how it addresses the ball is primary. If something doesn't fit my eye at address or doesn't sit the way I like it to at address I won't even swing it. I like a smaller profile head that sits pretty square at address. The EXS pro addresses the ball exactly as I like. Sits square, has a smallish profile, definitely has the looks of a players hybrid. (One thing I hate is when a Hybrid sets up closed because I feel like I will hook it off the planet, conversely I hate when its sets up too open because I play a slight fade, so I feel like I have to manipulate the face not to over cut it). This sets up square to maybe a hair open, perfect to my eye. :cool:

My initial reaction was Dam this thing is good after the first few shots, and after about 20 or so I really started to think that this might be the one to replace the xHot. I still have more testing to do and will get it on-course tomorrow (and the PGA pro at the club hit it and really liked it as well, and he took it for more testing throughout the day today..... I hope he gives it back :unsure::unsure::ROFLMAO:).So far I would categorize the club as a Players Hybrid with forgiveness, same category as Mavrik Pro Hybrid, but better, more workable and definitely more forgiving. I play a slight fade , and was easily able to hit both fades and draws much easier than anything else I have tried (did I mention I have tried just about every major OEM Hybrid this season, TM, Callaway, PING, Titleist). I will post some more info after I play with it for a few rounds.

I snapped a few comparison pictures along side a Mavrik Pro (Top) TE Pro (Middle), XHot Pro (Bottom)
View attachment 8957347
Mavrik Pro Top and EXS Pro Bottom
View attachment 8957348

View attachment 8957349
Awww man... You are hitting bombs with it and mine is not even on the truck... Dreaming of performance for now.

As the only Teem TourEdge tester that chose a 2 Hybrid, here is the first group of pictures:
20200811_180403.jpg20200811_180217.jpg20200811_180319.jpg20200811_180157.jpg

20200811_180208.jpg

Humm, got a stiff flex shaft. Guess they had no Regular shafts left. Guess I will see how it performs before commenting.

Humm, got a stiff flex shaft. Guess they had no Regular shafts left. Guess I will see how it performs before commenting.
That’s interesting. Then again A 17* hybrid with an R flex shaft is a rare combo. I waited about 2 years on eBay to find an R flex Xrail 2h to match my 3/4/5 set.

I ordered my Pro with the Tensei R as well with the 4h head.

Played a round with the EXS Pro Hybrid. It definitely goes. Easily 10 yards longer than other hybrids of similar loft. I did discover an interesting thing, The heal and toe weight are designed to be switched to dial in your desired ball flight. I was hitting a pretty good draw with it (usually play a fade), I took the weights out after the round and switched them around (heavy in the toe and light in the heel, and it took some of the draw out of it.

IMG_2956.JPGIMG_2955.JPG

Mine arrived today.
4h / 22* with Tensei AV Silver 65 R

Off to the range to hit it.

68DC5533-C306-478F-A7E6-5D2DE8A6BC43.jpegA524DB22-6191-4A94-A53D-F81971BD3430.jpegAA92D759-D0F4-421D-AAEC-AE818A506AB4.jpeg80BC885C-9A05-4175-9572-04D60003C184.jpeg904F0C3D-75C9-4E48-A909-B484180E47D8.jpeg612FB010-D8C4-4277-8B4C-BA871C89D0D3.jpeg3B74D283-14FF-43B2-914D-836E865EDAF3.jpeg

Mine is in the area and should be dropped off shortly. Sounds like I will have a great range session coming up with hybrid and new shaft for the EXS 220 Driver.

Length was 39.75” to the end of the grip, D2.5 swing weight and 365g total weight for the gear heads out there like me 😉
4AF7350D-70FF-404E-8440-6274B4221DC1.jpeg829593FD-BC1D-4F3E-99F0-67ED474031F4.jpegEF992E3D-E18C-4190-9E4F-1DDC6C89D477.jpeg

Did you guys play with the head weights?? Changing them really makes a difference shot pattern. I reversed the the heavyweight (they put it in the heal), with the light weight. With the heavy weight in the toe, I feel I can really go after this hybrid without worrying about hooking it. Always a good feeling for a hybrid.

Took the 2 hybrid to the range today. Will definitely take some getting use to. The finish is top notch, love the cover, and that is where things change. First off, they sent me a still shaft instead of my regular shaft, no biggie, I am on the cusp lately. The impact sound, as typical of the Tour edge exotics 220 line, is a nice crack, not quiet, not loud. If you hit it pure, it goes very nicely. If you hit it like I do, not so good. It lets you know on mishits by rotating the head noticeably. I now really appreciate a high MOI head, of which this is not. Probably great for the really good players, but my fade turned into a draw and I only hit 2 good hits on a bucket of balls. More to come as this is just my initial thoughts.

Quick review of the EXS Pro Hybrid

Model: I got the 4h 22* in to test with Tensei Silver 65 R.

Looks: First impression is the shape is smaller than what I am used to. I still use the Exotics Xrail 4 & 5 hybrids. They are my bread and butter clubs and by far the longest tenured in my bag. The Pro sets up very neutral which Iike. From heel to toe it’s on the normal side but from front to back is on the narrow side when compared to most hybrids out today. Style wise, this hybrid simply looks good. Nice black (maybe even super dark blue) gloss metallic paint. Just looks very well made like the EXS220 driver.

Sound/Feel: Top notch. Very crisp feeling sound. Not too loud and not too dull. Just right. Also the swing weight is nice at just shy of D3. I let my scratch golfer buddy swing it a few times on Sunday and he kept commenting on how nice and heavy it felt compared to his old hybrid.

Performance:

Had a chance to hit the Pro on the range Friday.

At first, before fully warmed up, I was hitting what I would describe as a mid/low stinger.

Once I warmed up more, the shot height came up and the results were much better.

I did tinker with the moveable weights. With the heavy weight in the toe I had trouble turning it over. With the heavy weight in the heel side it was more of a gentle draw.

On a downhill range I was carrying the ball to shadow that I lasered at the 180 mark and they were rolling out to another shadow that I measured at 200. This would be longer than what I normally see from my Xrail 4h which is 1* weaker and about ¾” shorter in shaft. I did have one perfect strike that carried to the 200 shadow and rolled out to the 230 mark. So it's got some pop to it.

I was all geared up to play it on Sunday. Unfortunately the range magic didn’t carry over. My best shot was on a par 5 2nd shot where after a solid drive I was about 200 out. I hit a lower draw that ran through the green and ended up on the fringe. On a drier day that ball runs into the pond on the left side of the green. So I got lucky there. It went 195. On the next hole my drive went into the tall rough on the left side. I advanced it 155 yds about 55 yds from the green. Not much I could do with this shot as the rough was thick. Having said that though my Xrail hybrid excels from the rough with the V shaped sole. On the next hole, it was a par 3 playing about 180 uphill. I hit the Pro and it was another low hooky one that went 187 and into the tree line left of the green. Carried probably 160 yds with a bunch of rollout. Which was similar carry to the first shot when I used it.

On hole 15 I let my faster swinging buddy hit it. He had about 225 out on a par 5 2nd shot. He pushed his old Bridgestone hybrid right. I said here, hit this. He hit this towering high straight shot that ended up about 15’ past pin high and pretty much stopped on a dime. So for someone of his caliber he really made it work. He asked me…who makes this club again? I said Tour Edge. He handed it to me and said ‘Huh”. ;)

As for me, not a great fit. I think I would do better with the EXS220 hybrid in terms of its launch profile.

Mine is in the area and should be dropped off shortly. Sounds like I will have a great range session coming up with hybrid and new shaft for the EXS 220 Driver.
How'd it go?

How'd it go?

Promised the wife a non-golf weekend, so best I did was take it off the front porch when delivered. Thinking range tomorrow at lunch time.

Pictures to come.

Mine will be a 17° hybrid as I do not have a 2 and wanted to try something different. My swing speed is a modest 92mph, so it will be interesting to see how the PRO performs for me. I hit a 3 wood about 200 yards, and a 4 hybrid about 175 yards, so I am anxious to see where this one will line up. I am guessing about 190 yards? Something to hit a long way out of the deep rough will be nice, and I find myself there almost every round LOL.

I'll be surprised if you get it in the air.

I have an EXS 220 19 with a similar driver speed - an iron shaft does not do it for me. Had to purchase a $175 GD AD 65g Hy shaft to try to get it to work for my swing. The pro is less forgiving and probably less spinny.

I'll be surprised if you get it in the air.

I have an EXS 220 19 with a similar driver speed - an iron shaft does not do it for me. Had to purchase a $175 GD AD 65g Hy shaft to try to get it to work for my swing. The pro is less forgiving and probably less spinny.
Interesting enough, on the two pure hits, I was rewarded with a nice sounding swack, and it had a nice stingertude to it (I just made up that word). Probably goes as high as my M6 3 wood. On mishits, OMG, bad form Peter.

Interesting enough, on the two pure hits, I was rewarded with a nice sounding swack, and it had a nice stingertude to it (I just made up that word). Probably goes as high as my M6 3 wood. On mishits, OMG, bad form Peter.

I'm sure it sounds great.

In my hybrids, I want them to get way up in the air and land with a great descent angle. For my swing, I need a shaft that launches high and spins mid to high to get that. Out of the rough a mid trajectory is acceptable.

Hey, Good luck with it. Anything below 19 deg in a hybrid will not get enough elevation for me. Need to get that shaft in the EXS 220 19Hy and see what happens. Works well in the EX10.

I got to use my 19* for the third round in the past 5 days. I still like it very much. Now I Already have a hybrid that I hit very well, and this EXS pro is every bit as good and maybe a little better so far. I have not Had the opportunity on course to hit a full compliment of shots that I like to hit with my hybrid. So far i have hit it both off of the tee, from fairway and intermediate rough and distance and ball flight have been very good. One thing I can do well with my current hybrid (XHot pro) is hit it from heavy rough, I hit a medium stinger with it, from bad lies and can usually hit it between 180-220, depending on what is needed, Once I get the chance to hit a few of these shots in a round, then I will make a final decision, on whether it has a full time spot in the bag. I put a lot of value on how I hit a club in an actual round.

I can say it has not let me down at all so far. On good swings it feels as good (actually better) as any hybrid I have hit this year , on marginal swings (which is where most of my swings fall... lol) the results are excellent, still feels solid. This club sits squarely in the performance forgiveness category.

Tomorrow it will get some work, playing a 7000 + yard course, and it is playing a little on the soft side, after rain yesterday and a few pop up thunderstorm today.

Alright, apologies this has been a trying two weeks. I have not hit this club with an actual golf ball...hoping to hit tonight on the range...

Alright here are my thoughts...

Great looking club on the initial unboxing. That headcover is awesome and fits perfectly to the shape of the club yet big enough that it won't fall for, this is a common issue in the past.

The club feels good and looks goodnin hand and at address. This is perfect weight and size head. Bigger than the A12 pro which invokes confidence.

I took some half swings with foam practice balls in the yard at lunch. Absolutely confidence inspiring and those balls flew off the face, as much as they can with being foam.IMG_20200820_135441.jpg

IMG_20200820_135459.jpgIMG_20200820_135513.jpgIMG_20200820_135524.jpgIMG_20200820_140115.jpg

Looking forward to more thoughts on this one.

I’m in ponder mode

Back