Tour Edge Signs Endorsement Deal

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
Tour Edge signed Champions Tour player Scott McCarron to an endorsement deal.

While not a big splash, does it signal a different direction for them? For as long as I can remember, they have not sponsored players & have even marketed that pros play their gear even when they aren't being paid to.

Haven’t heard of him, but the more visible your product is can’t be a bad thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope this is a shift. Their FW’s are legendary.

I wonder how many of the champions tour guys have major endorsement deals.

Always liked Scotty. I met him twice when he played tournaments up here. Hes a good dude. Like this signing

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

They could definitely move in on Adams' hybrid and fwy wood territory if they wanted to.

nice to see them on tour!

Haven’t heard of him, but the more visible your product is can’t be a bad thing

A long time PGA so-called journeyman yet PGA Tour winner who has succeeded lately on the Champions Tour with the controversial non-anchored/anchored stroke (depending on your POV).

Tour Edge signed Champions Tour player Scott McCarron to an endorsement deal.

While not a big splash, does it signal a different direction for them? For as long as I can remember, they have not sponsored players & have even marketed that pros play their gear even when they aren't being paid to.

Will be interesting to see if they change their marketing angle, as I've watched every one of the HL3 video's and Glod himself repeats that they do not sponsor Tour Pro's which keeps their costs down.
Granted this was the HL3 line they were marketing so it could be semantics as this is the CBX line they are endorsing Scott for.

McCarron has experienced a lot of success on the Champions Tour the past few years so this should provide good exposure to that segment for TE.

McCarron has experienced a lot of success on the Champions Tour the past few years so this should provide good exposure to that segment for TE.

The CBX is not exactly the club for older guys, who typically need more forgiveness. But maybe it will have people looking at the EX10 or other parts of the TE and TEE lineups. I don't know if they want to see senior golfers buying the CBX and then getting rattled for its lack of friendliness.

The CBX is not exactly the club for older guys, who typically need more forgiveness. But maybe it will have people looking at the EX10 or other parts of the TE and TEE lineups. I don't know if they want to see senior golfers buying the CBX and then getting rattled for its lack of friendliness.

I think most though realize the guys on the Champions Tour, don't swing like seniors.

I have never swung or even actually seen a TE club in person so have no idea how any of the lines play. I was simply referring to exposure for the brand.

I have never swung or even actually seen a TE club in person so have no idea how any of the lines play. I was simply referring to exposure for the brand.

You'd enjoy them.

I think this is a fairly pedestrian move for them. Scott McCarron isn’t going to move the needle for anyone but we don’t know the terms of the deal. It could simply be that Scott was playing mostly TE clubs and it wasn’t a big risk for TE...maybe all they would do is supply him clubs and possibly a check?

Don’t get me wrong, I really like their clubs but this isn’t going to make a big splash and suddenly up their sales.

Yes, did not intend to come off as an ass but I've been dealing with getting people out of jail and with unscrupolous contractors and customers trying to get freebies. And the last 2 nights of insomnia. It's probably influencing my posts. Ya' think? Probably need to stay off the forum. grouchy.

Yes, did not intend to come off as an ass but I've been dealing with getting people out of jail and with unscrupolous contractors and customers trying to get freebies. And the last 2 nights of insomnia. It's probably influencing my posts. Ya' think? Probably need to stay off the forum. grouchy.

No worries. I dealt with those type of people and sleep that was not optimal for many years. Can't say I've missed any of it during the last 2.5 months.

Tour Edge Signs Endorsement Deal

I would recommend getting away for the weekend. Look forward to meeting you at Mission Inn!

Back