True Linkswear True Eco Knit shoes

First round today with my Sand colored Eco Knit shoes. Love the color, comfort and perfect true to size fit. And like the TL-01 shoes I have been wearing for quite some time, they are crazy lightweight, offer nice stability and keep you planted really well during the swing thanks to the aggressive treading on the soles. I also was able to test something that I really didn't expect or want to. How they held up in rain. Well, my socks were dry when I got home and I did not slip a single time during the 3 holes we played while it was raining. So I thought they stood up to that test quite well.

IMG_20200728_103154_329.jpg

Got my TL-01 today in the right size but wrong color. Called them up and they sent out the correct ones today, 2 day mail. Satisfied with that. Errors happen. Will send the black ones back tomorrow. They fit well and are comfy tho.

I just ordered some from the BOGO special, can't wait to check them out in person, even if it's just for wearing on/off the course.

I’ve been thinking about doing the same. Two for one is a great deal
Yeah $100 shipped for two pairs of shoes was too good of a deal to pass up

I just ordered some from the BOGO special, can't wait to check them out in person, even if it's just for wearing on/off the course.
Me too. I need something for desert golf and was looking at Cuater, but 2 pair for $100 is a winner even if I don't golf in them.

I couldn't pass that up either, two pairs for $100 is a great deal. Thanks Joel Dahmen! One pair of Sand and one pair of Tropic Blue on the way.

I couldn't pass that up either, two pairs for $100 is a great deal. Thanks Joel Dahmen! One pair of Sand and one pair of Tropic Blue on the way.
I did the blue as well, also the green

My Eco Knits arrived today. They come in a nice, sturdy canvas-like drawstring carry bag (also made of recycled materials) instead of a cardboard box, and the carry bag is color matched to the shoes:

IMG_4276.jpg

They're light, tripping the scales at 9.2 ounces per shoe (in my mongo-sized 13s). They feel light, comfortable and flexible on the feet - although curiously, they don't feel quite as flexible as the OG Feels. While the insole is comfortable, they're still a minimalist shoe, so don't expect to feel like you're walking on soft, pillowy clouds. Fit is pretty true - maybe, like, ¼ size down? If you're between sizes (especially in the half size ranges), it would probably be a good idea to size up rather than down.

The sole is more aggressive than the Original/OG sole. I've never had any issues with slippage in the OGs, so grip on the course should be great with these. The sole has a kind of a gum rubber look to it, but the compound is much firmer than that. The knit upper does provide some structure (albeit obviously less than leather shoes), so your foot doesn't feel like it's sliding around inside the shoe - I guess I'd describe it as minimalist without feeling loose/sloppy.

Width was my main concern with these, as I like the extra-wide toe box of the Originals and OG Feels. While my feet aren't so wide as to *need* extra-wide shoes, I do like the comfort and room for my feet to spread out for that "barefoot" feel. When I first slipped these on I was starting to wonder if I had made a mistake - but I loosened up the lacing a bit and they immediately felt much better. Make no mistake, they're not as wide as the Originals/OGs, but my feet don't feel pinched in them either.

I had already golfed this morning before they were delivered, so I didn't get them out on the course yet, but I had some errands to run this afternoon and I wore the Sand colored ones for a good 5 hours. I didn't feel any "hot spots" and they don't look at all out of place as casual/everyday off the course shoes. It was about 95 degrees outside and they breathed well, should be great warm weather shoes.

I'll get them out on the course on Wednesday and offer some more thoughts on them, but so far so good. And at $50 a pair on the Joel Dahmen BOGO deal, they were an absolute steal!

Last edited:
I've put four rounds on the Eco Knits so far. The thing I like about them best is that you don't pay much attention to them because you don't even notice you're wearing them, and that's probably the best thing I could say about a shoe. They don't do anything to your feet that remind you they're there - no hot spots, no pinching, no rubbing, no slipping - just light, cool and comfortable. The looks are casual enough to wear them to/from the course, and not feel at all out of place if you stop at a store or restaurant or whatever on your way home. They look like casual shoes, not "golf shoes".

There's enough structure in the knit upper that my feet don't slip around in them when walking on uneven lies, and they provide sure footing even on sidehill lies. The heel counter holds your heel securely in place even when walking uphill, and the upper doesn't "roll over" the sole when you get out on the side of the shoe - everything stays where it belongs. Traction is good - the only shot I've had any slippage issues on was one today where I was standing on/hitting off hard-packed bare clay that was like dusty concrete, and any shoe would have slipped there unless it was shod with roofing nails hammered into the ground! We've been playing in 90'ish degree weather and the ventilation is a big plus.

As I said before, my biggest concern was whether they'd be wide enough, since I prefer the width of the OGs. Again, they're not as wide as those, but they're plenty wide enough for my feet to be comfortable once I adjusted the laces a bit. Overall, I'm glad I bit on the BOGO sale, and they're going right into my golf shoe rotation.

The sole looks the same as TL-01 which I love. Wish I had jumped on the 2 for 1. Waiting on new OG 1.2 to restock.

As I said before, my biggest concern was whether they'd be wide enough, since I prefer the width of the OGs. Again, they're not as wide as those, but they're plenty wide enough for my feet to be comfortable once I adjusted the laces a bit. Overall, I'm glad I bit on the BOGO sale, and they're going right into my golf shoe rotation.

I ended up returning mine for that reason. Just too narrow through an area where a bunion pinches things and in the toe box. Too bad, I liked the design. Good to hear they worked out for you.

The sole looks the same as TL-01 which I love. Wish I had jumped on the 2 for 1. Waiting on new OG 1.2 to restock.
OG 1.2 looks so good. If I didn’t already have two pair of OGs and a pair of OG Feels, I’d be ordering a pair too!

Back