NEWS TRUE Sports Acquires Aerotech Golf Shafts

Whoa, that’s pretty crazy. I have not enjoyed steelfibers in the past, so I am very curious to see where this merger leads, as I’ve enjoyed tons of PX/TT offerings.

Really hope this means we get to see more premium graphite options in irons as a stock option. :)

My only concern whether it is based in reality or completely off base. Is that with one company (TRUE) owning all these shaft brands is the potential for reduced competition and therefore reduced stress to innovate and improve. As I understand it, all these companies under the TRUE umbrella will operate fairly independent. That may be all that is needed to keep the drive alive and my thought may be pointless. Still, in this very early stage in wonder.. :unsure:

The shaft world needed some consolidation honestly. There are brands that have no manufacturing, but instead just design and send off specs to factory and that can lead to poor QC.
With that said, this to me says it is about fitting while I feel for DB having to run with 4 companies now. :oops:

The shaft world needed some consolidation honestly. There are brands that have no manufacturing, but instead just design and send off specs to factory and that can lead to poor QC.
With that said, this to me says it is about fitting while I feel for DB having to run with 4 companies now. :oops:
Seems like a prime chance to roll the graphite shaft companies into one.

Back