• Total voters

TT_Logan

The Shaft Wizard
Albatross 2023 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+4.5
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to make this topic for people to post any questions or suggestions that they may have so I can better help out the THPers. I can't wait to get to know y'all and maybe meet some of you along the way. So fire away with anything you have and I will do my best to answer anything that I can!

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to make this topic for people to post any questions or suggestions that they may have so I can better help out the THPers. I can't wait to get to know y'all and maybe meet some of you along the way. So fire away with anything you have and I will do my best to answer anything that I can!

Hey Logan - my question is:

Why is the Cypher 50 so awesome and where has it been all my life?

Hey Logan - my question is:

Why is the Cypher 50 so awesome and where has it been all my life?

We are so happy to hear how much you are liking our Cypher brand. It has been a great hit for us and we are glad it is helping you reach your lowest scores!

The HZRDUS Silver is sooooo good.

Cypher in my wedges are making me smile as well.

😁

Hit a friends irons yesterday and he had the Elevate Tour S stiff and was surprised how good they felt. How do they compare to the Dynamic Gold 120 s and what are the differences ? Thanks

I "have" played everything except accra shafts. Right now I dont have any in my bag though. I may re-install some steelfibers though.

Hit a friends irons yesterday and he had the Elevate Tour S stiff and was surprised how good they felt. How do they compare to the Dynamic Gold 120 s and what are the differences ? Thanks
The butt section in the Elevate Tour is going to be a touch stiffer than the Dynamic Gold 120. The mid section and tip section in the Dynamic Gold is going to be a touch stiffer than the Elevate Tour. You should see higher launch with the Elevate Tour since it has a more active tip and lower launch with the Dynamic Gold 120 since it is a stiffer mid to tip.

I'd been playing SteelFiber i95cw reg for a few years but switched to the fc90 f3 about 18 months ago.
I'm finding the fc 90 to be sort of tempo dependent for me, which I've never experienced with a shaft before.
I still have a set if irons with i95's in them, and I can swing as hard as I want, and be slightly quick with them and still get good results, whereas the fc's are inconsistent if I'm off tempo or quick.
What would cause that? The softer overall profile?
Considering the i80cw reg in my next set.
I'm roughly a 9 index, 77mph 6 iron (155-160 carry )
Thanks

I "have" played everything except accra shafts. Right now I dont have any in my bag though. I may re-install some steelfibers though.
One you may want to be on the lookout for is the ACCRA Red steel shafts. It is a mixture of Dynamic Gold and Project X profiles. Would really be worth a try if you see it in a fitting studio.

I'd been playing SteelFiber i95cw reg for a few years but switched to the fc90 f3 about 18 months ago.
I'm finding the fc 90 to be sort of tempo dependent for me, which I've never experienced with a shaft before.
I still have a set if irons with i95's in them, and I can swing as hard as I want, and be slightly quick with them and still get good results, whereas the fc's are inconsistent if I'm off tempo or quick.
What would cause that? The softer overall profile?
Considering the i80cw reg in my next set.
I'm roughly a 9 index, 77mph 6 iron (155-160 carry )
Thanks
You would be correct. Typically people see the softer the shaft, the smoother the transition needs to be because a quick transition will throw the shaft out of whack in the transition.

One you may want to be on the lookout for is the ACCRA Red steel shafts. It is a mixture of Dynamic Gold and Project X profiles. Would really be worth a try if you see it in a fitting studio.

I was looking on the accra website the other day. a mix of DG and PRO X sounds awesome!!

Hey Everyone,

Appreciate the opportunity to interact here! Thanks, @TT_Logan!

Are/have there been plans to release updated reference materials to folks who have completed the True Certified program?

I expect we'll see noted Project X supporter @AnthonyC in here soon!

You would be correct. Typically people see the softer the shaft, the smoother the transition needs to be because a quick transition will throw the shaft out of whack in the transition.
Thanks!
Good to know I'm not imagining it....:LOL::cool:

Thanks for answering our questions @TT_Logan , and here's one for you. For my last set of irons, Mizuno JPX 919 Forged, I was fit to Steelfiber i95 R shafts, and loved them. I have just picked up a new set of irons to try, Tour Edge C722s, that have HZRDUS Black 80 5.5 shafts. I have no idea what to expect from these shafts, as I can't find anything online about the HZRDUS Black in irons. Any info would be much appreciated.

Appreciate the opportunity to interact here! Thanks, @TT_Logan!

Are/have there been plans to release updated reference materials to folks who have completed the True Certified program?
I have not heard any talks of this but it may be something we will get to once we have caught up after launching all new products. I will bring this up to see if this is something that is coming in the near future.

Thanks for answering our questions @TT_Logan , and here's one for you. For my last set of irons, Mizuno JPX 919 Forged, I was fit to Steelfiber i95 R shafts, and loved them. I have just picked up a new set of irons to try, Tour Edge C722s, that have HZRDUS Black 80 5.5 shafts. I have no idea what to expect from these shafts, as I can't find anything online about the HZRDUS Black in irons. Any info would be much appreciated.
Very interesting right here. Could you please post a picture so we can see which shaft this is? We do not have a HZRDUS Black iron shaft out so it may be a mixup.

Very interesting right here. Could you please post a picture so we can see which shaft this is? We do not have a HZRDUS Black iron shaft out so it may be a mixup.
Here you go. Taking the pictures I noticed they are 80g HY, so I guess they used hybrid shafts for these .370 shafted irons? Still, anything you can tell me about them would be great.

HZRDUS Black _01x.jpg

HZRDUS Black _02x.jpg

Here you go. Taking the pictures I noticed they are 80g HY, so I guess they used hybrid shafts for these .370 shafted irons? Still, anything you can tell me about them would be great.

View attachment 9171233

View attachment 9171234
So we will say, that is not something we recommend doing with the Hybrid shafts. While they may work for you, they could possibly play really really stiff in the shorter irons. It would be very interesting to hear your feedback on how you are liking these. Please keep me updated on this!

The butt section in the Elevate Tour is going to be a touch stiffer than the Dynamic Gold 120. The mid section and tip section in the Dynamic Gold is going to be a touch stiffer than the Elevate Tour. You should see higher launch with the Elevate Tour since it has a more active tip and lower launch with the Dynamic Gold 120 since it is a stiffer mid to tip.
Lol rereading my post I wanted to make clear that the "surprised how good they felt" wasn't a reference to True Temper shafts or being surprised a True Temper shaft felt great I know they are high quality but I was commenting on that I was surprised for me how good a stiff almost 120 gram iron shaft felt and performed as I have been playing regular in my irons with stiff in my driver , fairway woods and hybrid. Just wanted to clear that up.

Just going to say the Accra customs program is awesome. Do customers more often get custom wood shafts or irons shafts?

7A491CC3-1E8D-4D0F-A4C1-2AFEC45497E3.jpeg

Back