Truvis Immortal with Budget Golf: 2019 THP Championship

3/4 7I? Yeah, not so much for me. This is my 4H. 3/4 7I, I'm lucky to get it halfway there, lol.
No kidding! I bought a 5 iron just for this event. 3/4 7 iron for 175yds?! Holy cow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I did say "splash" lol.
It's the curse/blessing of a 4800 rpm 7i with a cup face. Ball go far.

I think I need to work on getting the ball to skip high enough to get on the green. I think a 3-skip thinned 6-iron might get there, but not sure how to get enough elevation off that last skip to get over the island's bulkhead. :confused2:

I think I need to work on getting the ball to skip high enough to get on the green. I think a 3-skip thinned 6-iron might get there, but not sure how to get enough elevation off that last skip to get over the island's bulkhead. :confused2:

I get a lot of practice with this shot, I recommend going with driver and hitting the ball with the leading edge

3/4 7I? Yeah, not so much for me. This is my 4H. 3/4 7I, I'm lucky to get it halfway there, lol.

Hey man, as long as you can get it somewhere on that green! However it gets there, it gets there :golf:

with my hook o matic par 3 technique lately, i have to aim 50 yards right and hope

I wonder how much roll out we will get off the waves?

with my hook o matic par 3 technique lately, i have to aim 50 yards right and hope

I’ll bring my slice o matic and combine them for a Voltron like perfect swing!!

I had a fun little round today! Shot my personal 9 hole best on the course I grew up on! Putted the best I have in a long time, maybe ever.

Attachments

• 9F71E907-41A3-4589-9578-392A38D3FD84.jpeg
    9F71E907-41A3-4589-9578-392A38D3FD84.jpeg
    661.5 KB · Views: 0
I had a fun little round today! Shot my personal 9 hole best on the course I grew up on! Putted the best I have in a long time, maybe ever.

Well we know who the favorite will be...
Nice 9, i rolled a 41 this afternoon and was feeling good.

Well we know who the favorite will be...
Nice 9, i rolled a 41 this afternoon and was feeling good.

41 is still under your handi! 4 9s like that and your partner will be pleased!

Going to be a trip to remember! From there FB page today.
86e2c77cc36aa1bb022134c624c0197a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Going to be a trip to remember! From there FB page today.
86e2c77cc36aa1bb022134c624c0197a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gonna have to start practicing the 175 shot very soon partner... I have a course near me that has an island green, from the tips is 170... hard 7iron or soft 6 iron should do the trick...

My game still sucks but I did birdie 2 par 3’s today, the rest was a hot mess haha

Keep grinding sposey! 12 way playoff for the title on Sunday afternoon!

50 day notice! How has everyone's prep been coming along?

I've dedicated myself to getting in better shape for the event (health and golf) and I'm pretty excited about the results. I have a long way to go, but I've put myself on a
lifting program and I'm feeling good with the progress. I even went down a notch on my belt last week, which hasn't happened in at least 4 years. After each workout I do a 10 minute cooldown session with the SuperSpeed Trainer (Budget Golf ftw!). My distances have been creeping up pretty steadily and I'm about 10 yards longer overall since the start of June. I can't say enough about how well the SS Trainer works.

Chipping and (especially) putting are difficult for me, so I'm making a serious effort to work on this part of my game for September. Got some great tips from people on the forum and I'm spending Tuesdays after work with a small bucket of balls in the short game area. My putting is still very bad, despite devoting at least 50% of my practice time to it. I decided to shake things up a bit this week and altered my routine to make sure I'm putting from different areas on the green with different slopes instead of lagging from the same 3 spots (30' 50' and 60'). My goal is to get down to 35 putts per round and I'm currently sitting at 39. My chipping is starting to take shape thanks to some practice tips courtesy of @MattyDMPLS and others. My high trajectory shots are still 50/50 but every week I'm getting more consistency with the lower chips. My current chip & down is 7% and I'm hoping to get that up to 20% by September.

What about the rest of you guys?

I've dedicated myself to getting in better shape for the event (health and golf) and I'm pretty excited about the results. I have a long way to go, but I've put myself on a
lifting program and I'm feeling good with the progress. I even went down a notch on my belt last week, which hasn't happened in at least 4 years. After each workout I do a 10 minute cooldown session with the SuperSpeed Trainer (Budget Golf ftw!). My distances have been creeping up pretty steadily and I'm about 10 yards longer overall since the start of June. I can't say enough about how well the SS Trainer works.

Chipping and (especially) putting are difficult for me, so I'm making a serious effort to work on this part of my game for September. Got some great tips from people on the forum and I'm spending Tuesdays after work with a small bucket of balls in the short game area. My putting is still very bad, despite devoting at least 50% of my practice time to it. I decided to shake things up a bit this week and altered my routine to make sure I'm putting from different areas on the green with different slopes instead of lagging from the same 3 spots (30' 50' and 60'). My goal is to get down to 35 putts per round and I'm currently sitting at 39. My chipping is starting to take shape thanks to some practice tips courtesy of @MattyDMPLS and others. My high trajectory shots are still 50/50 but every week I'm getting more consistency with the lower chips. My current chip & down is 7% and I'm hoping to get that up to 20% by September.

I've undergone an intense prep regimen in order to bring the pain at the THP Championship.

1) I've changed 14 million diapers
2) Ive bench pressed my 2yo 8000 times
3) I've driven past a driving range
4) I changed the Oil Pump gasket on my car
5) I got a new towel loop for my golf bag

Basically, I'm fully expecting to get down there and break the course record.

That's great. I'm doing something similar.

At least 3 days a week - 20 min of cardio, 10 min swim, SuperSpeed Trainer (Thanks Budget Golf) and 10 min stretching
At least 2 days a week - Work on my short game at the practice facility (Occasional short game lesson with pro as well)
At least 2 days a week - Tee it up and recently I've been playing with a lot of local THPers which makes it even better.

Weakest part of my game is getting the ball up and down for par. This is my focus for the next 50 days.

man, that's some awesome dedication.

It's definitely given me a little more motivation to get back on the peloton and do better with my keto diet.

I'm trying to get out at least once per week to play or hit the range. nowhere near as focused as you. I've always played a bit of a fade but it's coming back more after initially being better with new irons. Focusing on that right now. Similar issues with putting, been trying to convince myself it's the putter's fault when I know it's not. Going to take the mallet back out this weekend and see what happens.

I’m getting completely overwhelmed between work and buying my first home. Escrow should be closing at the end of this month, then some home renovations begin in the first 2 weeks before I move in.

Golf has been down to a once a week deal for me for the past month. I should be an a great state of mind once this event rolls around, work project should be done and I’ll be in the new house, hopefully.

I've undergone an intense prep regimen in order to bring the pain at the THP Championship.

1) I've changed 14 million diapers
2) Ive bench pressed my 2yo 8000 times
3) I've driven past a driving range
4) I changed the Oil Pump gasket on my car
5) I got a new towel loop for my golf bag

Basically, I'm fully expecting to get down there and break the course record.

I'm currently practicing my energy recharge routine

man, that's some awesome dedication.

I'd say it's a healthy dose of excitement, fear, and competitiveness :thumb:

Glad I'm getting the chance to do this. Nothing like a THP event to get you off of your butt and putting in the work to get better.

I added the range plan to my membership today. I need to find some feel with my swing, and it's hard to do that without swinging a club regularly.

I’m getting completely overwhelmed between work and buying my first home. Escrow should be closing at the end of this month, then some home renovations begin in the first 2 weeks before I move in.

Golf has been down to a once a week deal for me for the past month. I should be an a great state of mind once this event rolls around, work project should be done and I’ll be in the new house, hopefully.

Congrats on the new home! I went through the process for the first time last summer and finally getting to close is one of the most satisfying feelings you'll ever have.

I started going to the range most every day at lunch or on my way home. In a 5 day work week, I usually chip Monday, chip and then hit small bucket Tuesday, putt Wednesday, chip and putt Thursday, and Friday hit a small bucket simulating a round on the next course I play. Then Sunday I usually play 18 holes.

I also took a lesson that I haven't done in way too long to help get my iron game back on track and then got a driver fitting done and ordered a new shaft after that fitting. I am excited and am trying to keep going despite the Arizona heat trying to get me to stop playing.

Back