Truvis Immortal with Budget Golf: 2019 THP Championship

I started going to the range most every day at lunch or on my way home. In a 5 day work week, I usually chip Monday, chip and then hit small bucket Tuesday, putt Wednesday, chip and putt Thursday, and Friday hit a small bucket simulating a round on the next course I play. Then Sunday I usually play 18 holes.

I also took a lesson that I haven't done in way too long to help get my iron game back on track and then got a driver fitting done and ordered a new shaft after that fitting. I am excited and am trying to keep going despite the Arizona heat trying to get me to stop playing.

Don't let it. I think 107 degrees was the highest for me so far this year.

I've undergone an intense prep regimen in order to bring the pain at the THP Championship.

1) I've changed 14 million diapers
2) Ive bench pressed my 2yo 8000 times
3) I've driven past a driving range
4) I changed the Oil Pump gasket on my car
5) I got a new towel loop for my golf bag

Basically, I'm fully expecting to get down there and break the course record.
HIGHLY RELATABLE!

A 1yrd old and in process of moving... Not a fun mix.

Once the move is over, 1st of August, I'm shifting gears. Chipping and putting a couple times a week will be key for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Don't let it. I think 107 degrees was the highest for me so far this year.

It hasn't stopped me yet. But that driving range trip on the way home the last few days has been brutal at 3:30pm.

I also forgot to mention that I also ordered the speed trainer from Budget Golf after I saw my swing speed at the driver fitting. I have not received it yet but will start using it as soon as I get it.

I've been getting out and practicing out back, hitting into my net. I went to the range this weekend and will be playing this coming weekend. Feeling positive how things are going, but have some things to work on. I need to putt a whole lot more for sure. I've been doing OK, but want to be much better than I am and have been. Will be working on that as much as possible.

I've been getting out and practicing out back, hitting into my net. I went to the range this weekend and will be playing this coming weekend. Feeling positive how things are going, but have some things to work on. I need to putt a whole lot more for sure. I've been doing OK, but want to be much better than I am and have been. Will be working on that as much as possible.

Let's get it partner!

50 day notice! How has everyone's prep been coming along?

I've dedicated myself to getting in better shape for the event (health and golf) and I'm pretty excited about the results. I have a long way to go, but I've put myself on a
lifting program and I'm feeling good with the progress. I even went down a notch on my belt last week, which hasn't happened in at least 4 years. After each workout I do a 10 minute cooldown session with the SuperSpeed Trainer (Budget Golf ftw!). My distances have been creeping up pretty steadily and I'm about 10 yards longer overall since the start of June. I can't say enough about how well the SS Trainer works.

Chipping and (especially) putting are difficult for me, so I'm making a serious effort to work on this part of my game for September. Got some great tips from people on the forum and I'm spending Tuesdays after work with a small bucket of balls in the short game area. My putting is still very bad, despite devoting at least 50% of my practice time to it. I decided to shake things up a bit this week and altered my routine to make sure I'm putting from different areas on the green with different slopes instead of lagging from the same 3 spots (30' 50' and 60'). My goal is to get down to 35 putts per round and I'm currently sitting at 39. My chipping is starting to take shape thanks to some practice tips courtesy of @MattyDMPLS and others. My high trajectory shots are still 50/50 but every week I'm getting more consistency with the lower chips. My current chip & down is 7% and I'm hoping to get that up to 20% by September.

What about the rest of you guys?

Keep grinding man! I can't wait to see everyone's hard work out in Idaho. My practice had really picked up the last month getting ready for my favorite weekend of the year, my dad's member guest back home at the course I grew up on.

I got fit for a new putter recently and it is awesome.

I think I am going to take a week off before ramping up the practice again for my Club championship the week before we head out to CDA! The short game has seen most of my effort and now I am going concentrate on my irons as they have been inconsistent.

Range session this morning seemed positive, but it did not translate to the afternoon round. Yikes.

You guys are funny. My practice plan involves hoping my partner shows up ready to go low.

9:00 wedges felt crisp and fairly consistent this morning.

ZWGQwNB.png

My prep has consisted of learning to get the proper mix ratio on my Powerade zeros and Tito’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serious question for JB. What are you defining as competition in this event? I know gimmies at times get really long and some penalties are over looked at times?
You know me I don’t care how it’s played but kind of wanted to get a feel how competitive this will be? Do not want someone getting upset because they are not given a 5 foot putt.

My prep has consisted of learning to get the proper mix ratio on my Powerade zeros and Tito’s.

Can I get some practice rounds in with you?

You guys are funny. My practice plan involves hoping my partner shows up ready to go low.
Hahaha, love it, Frank!

Serious question for JB. What are you defining as competition in this event? I know gimmies at times get really long and some penalties are over looked at times?
You know me I don’t care how it’s played but kind of wanted to get a feel how competitive this will be? Do not want someone getting upset because they are not given a 5 foot putt.

Since the prize is so huge and since you are competing against the whole field, I would love to see this event have a few standard rules about gimmes and lies. Nothing extensive, just a few basic rules. Generous gimmes in one group vs more conservative in another could lead to at least a few shots swing. For some people that may make it more fun, but for others, it actually makes it more fun because they don't like the ambiguity. My 2 cents.

We definitely don’t overlook penalties in our championship. Anything outside of the rules of golf are explained at meet and greet and our live update threads of events have a lot of those details.

As for gimmes, we expect people to give them, and we expect that if it’s a birdie or anything of substance people will be putting out.

Lots of great action in THP Events.

It's up for interpretation at this point. more complete post in the future.

Green is how well we think we can play. Blue is our actual potential. Yellow is how we will score?

Or green is how many fairways he thinks we will hit, blue is how many we hit in water, yellow is team beers?

Not sure what it means ;)

If I am reading this right, it is team handicap average on top, higher handicap in the middle and lower handicap on bottom.

The line for me isn't long enough to be that. hahahaha

Yellow is chance of winning
Blue is score needed to win
Green is how good winning will feel

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back