Trying New Grips?

I did not like the Tour Velvet align grips on my Driver and FW's for The Morgan Cup. My buddy recommended Winn Dri-Tac. So I tried those and I had never used them before. I liked them at first, but they started getting misshaped almost immediately. Now I am trying Tour Velvet Jumbo grips which I have also never tried before. In short I am a grip ho.

About once a month for me. I've been trying to find something easier on the hands than Z-Cords with the same no-slip performance, but so far no luck. In the last 6 months I've tried JumboMax, MCC Plus4, Lamkin UTX, Winn Dri-Tac (Jumbo), and GP Tour Velvet 360. I can't say I've disliked any of them, but just can't beat the performance of the Z-Grip for me.

Oh and I also tested out a Gripmaster leather grip at Club Champion. The grip was a bit broken in as it was on a demo club, but I've never felt such a sticky grip before. Felt like I need to wash my hands after gripping it. Not sure if that's how they're supposed to be, but I understand now why they'd be great in humid climates.

As part of the Morgan Cup, I tried the Lamkin Wrap-Tech that had built-in Arccos sensors. I had been playing the GP CP2 Wrap. The Lamkins aren't bad grips but I'm not a fan of the texture and they don't seem to dampen as much vibration.

I did not like the Tour Velvet align grips on my Driver and FW's for The Morgan Cup. My buddy recommended Winn Dri-Tac. So I tried those and I had never used them before. I liked them at first, but they started getting misshaped almost immediately. Now I am trying Tour Velvet Jumbo grips which I have also never tried before. In short I am a grip ho.

Right there with you :LOL:

Sooo, how you liking those TV Jumbo grips?

Each of the last two years, tried the Golf Pride MCC 2 years ago and then last year tried the MCC Align +4. Mainly switched them up because the Winns that I had previously played for years weren't available and then won a set of Aligns from a THP contest.

Last year, I switched from Golf Pride MCC to Winn DriTac. Still using the DriTac but need to change to the new model, it's time to switch anyway.

Swing grips - it's probably be at least 15 years since I have used any grip that didn't have at least half cord

Putter Grips - all the time. I have a large array of different shapes, sizes, materials, etc and seem to add at least a couple a year to that hoard..

Right there with you :LOL:

Sooo, how you liking those TV Jumbo grips?
I just got them on yesterday, but did go hit about 30 balls with the driver last night. I like them a lot. Much firmer than the Winn's. I probably prefer CP2 Pro over these, but I can't find those right now locally.

I'm usually a tour velvet style or cord grip guy, but I think the next time I regrip I'm going dri-tac or similar. Probably LT.

I've tried the midsize thing a few times, most recently as two years ago. I keep wanting to try a wrap grip, but honestly like some cord in mine in the summer months.

Putter grip I feel like I'm always tinkering with grip shapes and sizes. I think it's almost all mental though. If I could get out of my head I could probably putt just fine with a standard pistol.

This year I went from the Tour Velvet to the Z Cord. I may end up going back to the Tour Velvet. My hands may be too delicate for the full cord.

Maybe it was the UTx’s. Grips are an area where I tend not to jump around. I like what I like.

I do sometimes find new grips I like based on what comes on clubs I buy. I have a Golf Pride Z-Grip on a club and I like it very much I could see moving to that. I also really like the UTX grip that came on my JFT wedge. I could see playing either of those grips.

I am going to get new irons in the next few months and will need to make a new grip decision. I could certainly stay with the Lamkin Sonar Tour which I like a lot or maybe try the Z Grip. I do like the durability of the Lamkin grips.

Just put on Winn Dri-Tac LT (Oversize) and they have been awesome. Feel so much better than the MCC that I had on before. Hitting my irons better than ever.

I have added the +4 grip to my wedges. I like the feel but don't know if they will stay.

Last year with the Golf Pride Helix testing. I'm a cord guy 100%!

tried a new grip with my latest clubs - the z grip soft - and i like it a lot. i was a little concerned at first, but i could see myself playing it long term. great feel, tack and durability

My preferred grip is the Golf Pride DCC Multicompound, but my driver and hybrids have different grips mostly to avoid further delay. I have a Golf Pride Align Tour Velvet on my driver, and it isn't too bad. I have the Callaway Universal gray cap grips on my hybrids, and I'd say they have the most possibility for slippage. I still prefer the Multicompound.

I've been an GP MCC user for 10+ years. In that time I've also only had three different putter grip models, so I guess you could say I don't experiment very much with grips.

My next putter grip will likely be a Pro Only model.

I am open to trying any grip and have tried a few even some from super stroke, lamkin and some from Japan, but keep coming back to the MCC from golf pride

I tried the Golf Pride Tour Velvet in my MC bag. It’s been great to try something new and they are a lot softer than my MCC. I do think I prefer MCC in the summer due to the humidity and heat; but the tour velvets will feel amazing in the fall - spring here

Every year or two I’ll try out different style of iron grips. I’ve actually found a few I like that I thought I wouldn’t. (CP2 is one that comes to mind)

I just got them on yesterday, but did go hit about 30 balls with the driver last night. I like them a lot. Much firmer than the Winn's. I probably prefer CP2 Pro over these, but I can't find those right now locally.

Appreciate the feedback! Why do you like the CP2s over the Tour Velvets? And why the Pro version versus the regular CP2 Wrap? I feel like the Pro will end up being too slippery, but have always heard good things about both.

About 3-4 years ago I tried a set of MCC Align grips. They were nice but found with finger issues needed a bit more cushioning and slightly better humid performance. Have settled on the CP2 Wrap for now but always open minded.

Back