Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
445 yard par 4, Index 1.

That's exactly the line, correct.

Thanks to my best drive of the weekend on Saturday, I was greenside with 3w, 5h. Green is 2 tiered, back tier lower than front. Chip and 2 putts for a net birdie.

Nice result

We have three par 4's longer than that which are all SI 1 - 3
Two of them are often played into the wind so they play longer, especially the 460yd 12th hole which seems to always be into the wind and is slightly uphill all the way as well, so getting there in 2 is a good couple of shots

Bump and run is good most times, the trick is controlling the distance. You have to decide which situation you are in. With your mad skills, going for the pin every time it doesn't matter much. :D

Of all aspects of my game, the only two I would risk money on would be the chipping and putting. As for the roll out, yeah that's the tricky part. I'm used to using the 54 for green-side stuff, so adjusting to the 50 or 45 will be a bit of work.

Nice result

We have three par 4's longer than that which are all SI 1 - 3
Two of them are often played into the wind so they play longer, especially the 460yd 12th hole which seems to always be into the wind and is slightly uphill all the way as well, so getting there in 2 is a wild fever-dream

Fixed for B100 application.

Of all aspects of my game, the only two I would risk money on would be the chipping and putting. As for the roll out, yeah that's the tricky part. I'm used to using the 54 for green-side stuff, so adjusting to the 50 or 45 will be a bit of work.

I use my 50* mostly on chips around the green. On occasion I will use the 8/9 iron also just depends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mostly use a 58º or 62º. Lots of versatility in the short game.

Do you B&R or are you more of a high-flight?

My 45* pw works perfectly for most bump and run situations.

Lol...more often than not "high-flight".

The reason I ask is because I am so deeply in love with my 54 that I would like to use it for the BnRs as well as my bladed lobs.

Managed a 40/40 tonight after work. Beautiful evening tonight.

That is the correct answer.

Ok, so let’s say, for discussion, I go with my 50 for the BnRs. With a 50, what is the limit on how many degrees of loft one can get by opening the face? Or, would the smart play at that point be to just grab the SW?

Edit: conversely, can one close the face on a 54 to reduce the loft a few degrees with any hope of hitting it well?

Ok, so let’s say, for discussion, I go with my 50 for the BnRs. With a 50, what is the limit on how many degrees of loft one can get by opening the face? Or, would the smart play at that point be to just grab the SW?

Edit: conversely, can one close the face on a 54 to reduce the loft a few degrees with any hope of hitting it well?

That is going to depend on the grind and bounce of the 50° wedge. If you are comfortable with the 54° and get along with it well, I wouldn't change it. When you start opening and closing wedges it can get tricky quick. About the only time I do it is with my 58° in a bunker or in thick rough around a green and need to really flop a shot.

For bump'n'run I normally use PW (45*). If I have longer green to pass over, then usually 8I. Except bunker shots, I never open the face and try to keep stance, swing and grip the same.

Hammy I’m a fan of focusing on one wedge and getting accustomed to in various situations around the green. The 54-56 degree wedges are my favorites as well.

Every now and then I cheat with my 50 or 60, but the 55 typically yields the best results.

We’re into the 90s weather wise, but the humidity is up to about 17.3 million. This is the point where walking sucks, and I haven’t done it in about 8 months anyways.

A buddy who is a member at the most high end club here invited me for a round, and he wants to walk it. My out of shape @ss is going to be sore. I’m really pumped about playing that course truth be told.

Aaand my sis just asked me for a ride to the airport. Going to have to cut off my round early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back