Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yeah, we have those as well!

My favorite is the big pothole where the asphalt ends and the grass/dirt begins. I'm usually looking down the fairway to find my ball, and BOOM.

I try to walk all I can but because of the terrain here there are only about 3 courses that you can realistically walk. Because of that I’m not used to watching for every hole or bump. My back usually hates me the next day.

I try to walk all I can but because of the terrain here there are only about 3 courses that you can realistically walk. Because of that I’m not used to watching for every hole or bump. My back usually hates me the next day.

I remember hitting on sewer grate when MSH134 was in the cart with me at an Ohio gathering. Man, that was a brutal bounce.

Because I can. And because I can't :D

Firstly, I have been playing rounds with several reduced sets. Target is to a) eliminate/minimize decision making and b) hit more shots with less clubs to build confidence with them.

As for 4h vs 4I. I normally hit irons more consistently straight. Hybrids are easier to hit but with rounded face they tend to spray. That's one. Second is that I have not played with 4I yet and now is the time.

Ah ok. The 2nd reason makes perfect sense.

I remember hitting on sewer grate when MSH134 was in the cart with me at an Ohio gathering. Man, that was a brutal bounce.

You ever play with someone who has the best damn luck with those type of bounces and shots?

I play with my father-in-law weekly and that guy has the best luck ever. Almost every week he hits 2 or 3 trees just inside the OOB area and they hit the tree and bounce inside. Last week he hit 2 shots in a row where instead of going OOB and then in the hazard, they hit the trees and came right in the middle of the fairway. And that was just one 1 hole. He had several other shots like that.

I have quite the opposite luck last week when I hit 2 really good shots, just slightly off the fairway and could not find the balls. And there was no hazard area around so its not like they rolled in there or something. LOL. I kind of just laugh at the going OOB with bad luck but losing balls right off the fairway when I hit good shots gets me mad.

You ever play with someone who has the best damn luck with those type of bounces and shots?

I play with my father-in-law weekly and that guy has the best luck ever. Almost every week he hits 2 or 3 trees just inside the OOB area and they hit the tree and bounce inside. Last week he hit 2 shots in a row where instead of going OOB and then in the hazard, they hit the trees and came right in the middle of the fairway. And that was just one 1 hole. He had several other shots like that.

I have quite the opposite luck last week when I hit 2 really good shots, just slightly off the fairway and could not find the balls. And there was no hazard area around so its not like they rolled in there or something. LOL. I kind of just laugh at the going OOB with bad luck but losing balls right off the fairway when I hit good shots gets me mad.

LOL. Yes, I have friends who get those bounces.

Unfortunately, the bounce I put MSH134 through was when the front end of our cart went into a hole with a sewer grate at the bottom, and bounced us all over the interior of the cart. Drinks were flying, clubs were clattering, our heater went flying, and swearing was heard. Total NHTS impact test. The cart got a 5-star rating.

Man, obedt, you make me sad not using a cart on those awesome concrete paths. Most of our cart paths are gravel washboards designed to destroy kidneys and loosen teeth.

That's a sweet course.

My buddy tells me we’re not supposed to walk them, only during tournaments and they may let you with a caddy. He’s got some pull though and they let us.

Dude’s into fitness and boring stuff but if it wasn’t for that I probably wouldn’t have done any exercise this...year?, so it was worth the walk.

But I’m dead. Last three holes I could feel the exhaustion. I mean it was hot as F.

And trust me, the courses I’m typically on are less that stellar conditions. Gravel is a bonus sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. Yes, I have friends who get those bounces.

Unfortunately, the bounce I put MSH134 through was when the front end of our cart went into a hole with a sewer grate at the bottom, and bounced us all over the interior of the cart. Drinks were flying, clubs were clattering, our heater went flying, and swearing was heard. Total NHTS impact test. The cart got a 5-star rating.

Ha ha. That is like a scene from a comedy movie .. :)

Didn't get to play tonight but did get a time setup for Sunday morning. Also managed to get a lesson scheduled for next Saturday.

Ok, so let’s say, for discussion, I go with my 50 for the BnRs. With a 50, what is the limit on how many degrees of loft one can get by opening the face? Or, would the smart play at that point be to just grab the SW?

Edit: conversely, can one close the face on a 54 to reduce the loft a few degrees with any hope of hitting it well?
Simple answer the actual face 3 or 4 degrees. You can mess with the dynamic loft tons though.

Complicated answer has a lot to with grind and bounce though.

Good morning peeps!!! Rained last night, and more storms for later today. Looks clear tomorrow to play though. Hope everyone gets out and plays this weekend.

Loving the Golf sidekick philosophy so much that I just ordered Waddaplaya shirts for me and my playing partner.

Last edited:
Good morning peeps!!! Rained last night, and more storms for later today. Looks clear tomorrow to play though. Hope everyone gets out and plays this weekend.

Got a brief patch of sunlight going, may be able to get a quick nine in today.

Loving the Golf sidekick philosophy so much that I just ordered Waddaplaya shirts for me and my playing partner.

Are you going to be DiDi or Pietr?

I love DiDi’s swing, by the way.

Are you going to be DiDi or Pietr?

I love DiDi’s swing, by the way.
Little bit of both I guess :)

Didi is a great example of "play your swing". Gotta love that guy.

1:08 tee time . Warm enough for shorts. Told golfing partner to wear shades to combat glare off my legs.

Got out between the rain with Jen and we played 10 holes

Enjoyed what we played and despite a silly double bogey on one hole I finished at +4 for the holes we played

Highlight of the round was a nice chip in on the par 4 5th hole for birdie after I missed the green with my approach

Fingers crossed I can take that form to the league round tomorrow

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Good day everyone. I had the weirdest round today. My buddy and I were playing my local par 59 course this morning. On the front 9 there are a lot of really short par 3 holes. I was either short, in bunkers or 3 putting nearly every hole. My buddy was hitting greens and pars left and right.

On the back 9 I did better, but still made my share of mistakes. But when we tallied up the score it was one of my best scores on that course! I don’t know how to process hitting the ball so poorly but scoring better than usual. Does not compute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good day everyone. I had the weirdest round today. My buddy and I were playing my local par 59 course this morning. On the front 9 there are a lot of really short par 3 holes. I was either short, in bunkers or 3 putting nearly every hole. My buddy was hitting greens and pars left and right.

On the back 9 I did better, but still made my share of mistakes. But when we tallied up the score it was one of my best scores on that course! I don’t know how to process hitting the ball so poorly but scoring better than usual. Does not compute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Silly game but as long as you had fun. Congrats on the good round.

1st 9 was great for me anyway. Carded a 40. 10 th hole yanked my drive and there went my back. Hurts . Powered through for an abysmal 65 on the back. Couldn’t get down on the ball. Should have stopped .

On a good note that new putta is butta. Drained a 20 footer for a par just missed a couple others for bird. The 2 birds I did make were within 10 ft. No 3 putts today.

1st 9 was great for me anyway. Carded a 40. 10 th hole yanked my drive and there went my back. Hurts . Powered through for an abysmal 65 on the back. Couldn’t get down on the ball. Should have stopped .

Sorry to hear about the back, hope you heal fast. Great front 9

On a good note that new putta is butta. Drained a 20 footer for a par just missed a couple others for bird. The 2 birds I did make were within 10 ft. No 3 putts today.

Glad you like the putter, Cleveland makes some great putters. That will help drop some scores.

By the time I got my lazy bones around to going out, every course was packed. So, I went to a small local course, and while they had a big outing going on, I chipped and putted in their midst for an hour or so.

Getting ready to head out, 54 degrees with 15mph NW winds. Going to be a bit cooler this morning and we had probably an inch of rain last night so will be a bit sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back