Trying to Break 100

Golf Dawg;n8891939 said:
The potential for me to play golf this year is looking good. My follow up MRI yesterday continues to show clear and infection free around my prosthetic hip and my blood results continue to trend positively. I’m still on heavy IV therapy, but it’s beating the staph infection.

Glad to hear things are looking up! Keep that trend going!

Finished the last week of league play last night with a 48. A weird round: some good & some bad. 3 pars, 3 bogeys, & 3 triples. I hit some of my longest drives - ever (on this course). Unfortunately 3-4 were dead pulls left & ended up costing me strokes. I figured out during the 3rd hole that I was coming very much over the top on the downswing. I worked on getting more on plane & started to hit the ball a lot better.

But...I can't catch the top 4 guys (they have such high handicaps that I have to make birdies each week to gain any ground, & that didn't happen enough this year).

My favorite line from yesterday: "Hey did you guys see my golf league going down the tubes come bouncing through here?"

Almost didn't have the clinic tonight - poured like crazy at 4 but was over by 4:15. Worked on shortening my back swing to see if that will help my topping issue. That's going to take a while to get used to. Wore my ankle brace tonight and it inhibited my turn a bit but with the wet ground I didn't want to take any chances.

Golf Dawg;n8891939 said:
The potential for me to play golf this year is looking good. My follow up MRI yesterday continues to show clear and infection free around my prosthetic hip and my blood results continue to trend positively. I’m still on heavy IV therapy, but it’s beating the staph infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, look forward to your first post after your first round back.

ULEWZ;n8893101 said:
Great, look forward to your first post after your first round back.

So am I.

I’ve invited Lucy to join the festivities, so I’m sure between the two of us it will be well documented! If anyone else wants to join in, the more the merrier. It will be the NW burbs of IL.

Golf Dawg;n8893119 said:
So am I.

I’ve invited Lucy to join the festivities, so I’m sure between the two of us it will be well documented! If anyone else wants to join in, the more the merrier. It will be the NW burbs of IL.

I would join you if I didn't live all the way on the LEFT coast.

What up, peeps?

Nothing golf related to report, hoping to get out this weekend once or twice.

Hamfist;n8893972 said:
What up, peeps?

Have rounds scheduled for Saturday, tourney on Sunday and round on Monday.

Hamfist;n8893972 said:
What up, peeps?

Went range today, my swing wasn't there. Round scheduled for Sunday morning, expectations are all time low.

Snickerdog;n8893973 said:
Have rounds scheduled for Saturday, tourney on Sunday and round on Monday.

Have fun! Sounds like a great weekend!

jlaakso;n8894001 said:
Went range today, my swing wasn't there. Round scheduled for Sunday morning, expectations are all time low.

Go out on Sunday and let it fly. No expectations, go for the fun!

Golf Dawg;n8894065 said:
Have fun! Sounds like a great weekend!

Was going to play today but the heat index is up around 105 so I think I will skip that. Supposed to be nice for the next 6/7 days. Some chances of rain though tomorrow and Saturday.

Happy hour clinic on the range tomorrow. Weather looks good for Saturday heat index will only be in the 80's. If Dorian doesn't spoil the fun. Might have Florida refugees coming they will be bringing their clubs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Snickerdog;n8894068 said:
Was going to play today but the heat index is up around 105 so I think I will skip that. Supposed to be nice for the next 6/7 days. Some chances of rain though tomorrow and Saturday.

We’ve had great weather here. Under 80* (until today), sunny and dry. And I haven’t been able to enjoy it on the course.

Played 9 at my home course tonight. Shot a 50, so 9 shots over my disastrous play last Sunday for 59 on the front 9. Overall hit the ball much better and happy with how I played. Lost at least 2 or 3 strokes by not taking the right club because I was trying to squeeze in the last 2 holes as it was quickly getting dark.

Funny how a year ago I would have been very happy to shoot 50. Mental thing I guess once you break 50/100 for a rew rounds how your expectations change.

Playing 18 tomorrow and Saturday and also planning to play 9 on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Playing back over at The Burstead on Sunday. It kicked both me and my playing partner square in the plums last time, but we both know we played badly. Looking to settle a few scores this weekend. This was the one where there was always something at driving landing distance, so I'm not sure taking the new Thriver over is the best idea. Probably still will though :good:

Playing in a mixed competition tomorrow with Jen

Sunday I am helping out with the beginners and taking a group out in the 'Nine and Wine' that they have once a month or so - this is predominantly ladies with a mixture of all handicap ranges including some who have only just started playing (and I think one of those has only been out on the course a couple of times up to now)

thommo.sx;n8894629 said:
Playing back over at The Burstead on Sunday. It kicked both me and my playing partner square in the plums last time, but we both know we played badly. Looking to settle a few scores this weekend. :good:

ea5507846264e45e8a9499c439805da9.jpg

Tied my low score of 38 today, with an actual Birdie and a chip into the hole for par. Hit all shots pure today, but not exactly down the fairway. Not complaining, because I can straighten them out.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend. Played 18 this morning and have scramble tourney tomorrow.

Played in a mixed competition with Jen this afternoon

Format was 4-ball betterball and we were only 4 points behind the eventual winners

Was very proud of Jen and how well she played - on the back 9 I only contributed scores for 3 holes.....

Hopefully this will give her more confidence that she really can play and isn't as bad as she often thinks she is...

Only highlight of my day was a single birdie to keep my streak going of consecutive rounds with a birdie

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I just don’t get it. I play and practice every week. I watch golf on TV, l watch instructional videos on Youtube. I read LSW. My buddy, who NEVER practices and hadn’t played since July 4th still shot a lower score today.

Granted, I suck at golf. But he is no better at the game than I am. Makes me wonder if I am wasting my efforts. But I am going to “stick to the process” because I feel like my game is improving. It’s just frustrating.

I had what might have been my best range session this morning. I figured out that some of the issues with my last round were due to my stance getting too wide. I still had plenty of flubs, but if a hook or slice popped up I was wider than I should be. Made that adjustment then start to grove much straighter and nice contact. Felt really nice to experience the level of consistent contact and launch that I had today. Really hope I can repeat it on Monday. I’m stepping up to the most difficult and scenic course I’ve played.

tehuti;n8895956 said:
I just don’t get it. I play and practice every week. I watch golf on TV, l watch instructional videos on Youtube. I read LSW. My buddy, who NEVER practices and hadn’t played since July 4th still shot a lower score today.

Granted, I suck at golf. But he is no better at the game than I am. Makes me wonder if I am wasting my efforts. But I am going to “stick to the process” because I feel like my game is improving. It’s just frustrating.

Maybe he’s just playing without a thought or care and you’re a bit more into your head. I’m with Koepka, the less I think about when I’m hitting the ball, the better I do.

Back