TSR drivers: better to loft up or down?

weeicemon

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone seen guidance in this? Debating a 9 or 10 and occasionally like to adjust loft depending on my swing. Thoughts?

I was fit to 10 in my TSR4, but played 9 in the TSi3 previous. It was a combo of lower spin and maximizing my peak height to the window we wanted. After fitting, I don’t mess with the adapter.

Unless adapters have changed, when you loft up it closes the face and reverse when you loft down. I learned that painfully with my G400 9deg, lofted up to 10 and it was Hook city. Back to 9 and I just Tee higher and she's straight and high.

Unless adapters have changed, when you loft up it closes the face and reverse when you loft down. I learned that painfully with my G400 9deg, lofted up to 10 and it was Hook city. Back to 9 and I just Tee higher and she's straight and high.
Titleist has the crazy symbol system and it can change loft but keep face angle the same.

I play a Callaway Big Bertha B21 9° and was fit into a TSR2 10°.

Not all adapters are created equal in that regard.

Titleist has the crazy symbol system and it can change loft but keep face angle the same.
That's a major improvement, wow. Of course my Driver is several Gens old.

That's a major improvement, wow. Of course my Driver is several Gens old.
I think Titleist has had it since the like 913 or maybe even earlier.

Titleist adapters will add .75 or 1.5 degrees of loft, but they will only deloft .75 degrees.

I've got the TSR3 Low spin this go round. I've always has the 2 before. Set it and forget it guy too :ROFLMAO:

I've got the TSR3 Low spin this go round. I've always has the 2 before. Set it and forget it guy too :ROFLMAO:
You think the 3 is low, the 4 takes it even further haha

You think the 3 is low, the 4 takes it even further haha
Sheesh ... that has to be straight as an arrow then. :unsure:

2 years ago I was fit into a TSI 2 10 degree set to 9 degrees in the D2 position along with a Veylix Rome shaft. The shaft is a fade bias, low spin, low trajectory shaft. Playing length is 46”. I play this with a nice baby draw. I did play the last few weeks with it set back to 10 degrees in A2 but I was losing about 17-25 yards on average.

I did go back to my fitter back in the spring to see how I was with the TSR but it wasn’t any better or even equal to my TSI. Even with my shaft installed the results were less than my gamer.

Back