Twirling the clubs - hate it or love it?

Luchnia

You will never conquer golf.
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, so while watching the PGA and LPGA (yes even some of the ladies are on the bandwagon) twirling the clubs does pluck my nerves at times. I mean once every now and then I don't really notice or mind it so much, but sometimes it becomes so noticeable it drives me crazy and I want to just go and grab the club from them and throw it in the water.

Some do it before a hit or even after a hit and sometimes it seems they have a club twirling disease of sorts. Does it make them play better? Is there some trigger mechanism? Is it so others can see they can twirl the club?

Ok, another rant in history started here :ROFLMAO:

Send it!

Ok, so while watching the PGA and LPGA (yes even some of the ladies are on the bandwagon) twirling the clubs does pluck my nerves at times. I mean once every now and then I don't really notice or mind it so much, but sometimes it becomes so noticeable it drives me crazy and I want to just go and grab the club from them and throw it in the water.

Some do it before a hit or even after a hit and sometimes it seems they have a club twirling disease of sorts. Does it make them play better? Is there some trigger mechanism? Is it so others can see they can twirl the club?

Ok, another rant in history started here :ROFLMAO:

It is the golf equivalent of the bat flip. I don't mind it, It may appear arrogant on the out side to some. But it is really just a bit of an outward expression of a well executed swing and saying "YES"!! in your head.

I don it instinctively almost every shot regardless of where it goes

I think it's great. Just a show of confidence in a good shot. Twirl away lol

More twirler advocates than I expected :cool:

It doesn't affect me, either way, in the least. Twirl, don't twirl...I don't care.

I like it. I need to work on it.

I am SO guilty of this. like, to the point I've tried to stop but can't lol

I enjoy it when done at the right moments and not overkill. Tiger knows when to vary it, he has the gentle 1/2-1 rotation twirl on the practice area and random shots. But when it’s time to get attention, he can get some RPMs. Everyone knows Tiger’s twirl and walk from the President’s Cup.

Me personally I always forget to twirl due to not many opportunities on the course, but I make sure to practice it on the range!!

My friends got sick of me yelling before the ball even lands, so now I just twirl the club instead lol. It's my way of saying "I hope you saw that, because I don't have another one in me."

I don't mind it. I wish I had the kind of confidence in my game to do it. Or maybe I just wish I could do it in general. I do see how some people could be put off by it though.

If you feel like twirling, twirl that MF'er. Fine by me.

I’ve got SO many more things to worry about or focus on than club twirls. To each their own, it ya got it, flaunt it.

I always spin it pre-shot when I'm addressing the ball. That is a fix I picked up at some point when I had a habit of gripping the club too tight and it became subconscious.

I don't really care about the twirl.
I'd rather see them throw the club as far as they can after a good shot. ;)

I don't mind the pros twirling, it never bothered me, they have the game to show a little bravado.

But I'll never do it, and I don't think I've ever seen an amateur twirl, thankfully.

Even some of the ladies are on the bandwagon?

Twirl away, flip the bats, bust a move after a TD, turnover chains.......all good by me.

I do it subconsciously when I feel I am really in control of my swing and really swinging with confidence. Something my regular playing partners have notices as a tell during the round.

Back