Twirls are overrated. When's the last time you walked one in!?

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
1000066499.jpg

Seriously. Twirls are so last year. Everyone can twirl. Except me.

People do it regardless of shot quality though. Walking it in takes confidence. Talk to me about your big brass ball walk-ins!

I'd have to make one first
You make them all the time. We know. This is about when you know though. When's the last time you were celebrating before it was in the hole?

Last edited:
Some would say I always walk in a putt wether I make it or not bc I look up and never stay in my putting posture long enough.

Ncis Los Angeles GIF by CBS

This would be a massive change of character for a guy who was ready to get "Wristy McWristerson" embroidered on his bag in reference to his terrible putting stroke.

I've walked a couple in this year that I thought were "misses" so that's cool too, right? :ROFLMAO:

Saturday. Hit a dead push off the tee and couldn't find it. Dropped and nearly hit it into the water right. Pitched on but left it 20ish feet short. Started walking almost as soon as I hit the putt. I was nearly at the hole when it dropped. Slick double right there.

* I thought I had run it by.

I am much more of a twirler I guess I like living in the past :ROFLMAO: I have very rarely walked in any putts but did have a few 5 to 8 footers towards the end of last season, haven't been able to play yet this season.

See you need to walk it in while doing the twirl to assert your dominance.

I did do the putter in the air above my head thing - not sure I walked though on a crazy long putt about 2-3 weeks ago - made something like a 30-40 footer for birdie on a long par 3.

I've never twirled or walked one in LOL.....i'm pretty sure

But i can beat all of it

Played a match in a big Quebec team event last year representing my club. It was like a 5 1/2 hour grind and me and my opponent were the last guys on the course. Our match went to 18, and i made a 5 footer to win the match on 18 in front of like 500-750 people.

I showed no emotion, just walked right off the green past my team and to the field bar right off the 18th hole, and said "how many drinks do we get for free" she said "2" and i said "pour them both in a tall glass"

It was a really stressful day

But THAT is how you walk off a putt

Nothing worse than walking it and then a lip out

Nothing worse than walking it and then a lip out
How is that more embarrassing than the twirl before a terrible result we see all the time?

I don’t remember the last time I did this, but I’m pretty sure I will my next round

How is that more embarrassing than the twirl before a terrible result we see all the time?
Oh I have definitely twirled iron shots that end up in a bunker, but I’ll twirl 100x more than I walk it, so if I miss a walk it’s just burned into my memory that much more

Last time I walked one in I was putting from the next zip code and wanted to get to my next putt before nightfall. About halfway there I realized it was gonna go in.

Last edited:
Back