Devil's advocate would say that of course Shot Scope data would show Driver and 3W have the same FW%, a 3W is 1/3 the size of a driver and therefore much harder to hit accurately.

I agree the 2nd driver still probably wouldn't make sense from a SG perspective on a plain Jane par 4 with no trouble, but there are lots of holes where SG would say to hit 1 club less than driver to be short of a cross bunker, water hazard, etc.

On paper a smaller 3 wood should be harder to hit straight bu my strong 3 wood is much, much straighter than my driver and my 4 wood is even more accurate. Maybe it the extra backspin or maybe I’m just more confident with my 3 wood after it being a fairway finder since I was a teenager. From the 6,540 yard tees at my home course, I’ll hit less than driver off the tee on 5 of the 9 par 4’s. Anytime it’s less than 400 yards, it’s generally a 3 wood or less.

Fun build

If you have two drivers. do you have one?

This seems like a very expensive way to band-aid what is likely a bigger problem. Going this route is probably just making the problem even worse.

"Nothing to fear but fear itself."

This seems like a very expensive way to band-aid what is likely a bigger problem. Going this route is probably just making the problem even worse.

Hasnt been a band aid for me personally. I used my fairway wood primarily off the tee. I now have a more forgiving option.

I have one but my golf partner has two. He uses a Taylormade M6 as his bomber uses it on 11 driving holes and pounds it. The other he only uses on 3 holes it is a Cobra 400cc driver not sure of the model . He calls it his" cutter " plays it on 3 dog leg left shots his a lefty , plays I high cut to perfection all most ever time.

What bigger problem might that be? I dont hit my 3 wood off the deck. I opt for a higher lofted 2nd driver for shorter tee balls. No problem.........

I’m starting to like the second driver that‘s in the bag. I’ve got deeper thoughts I’ll pull together but I’m starting to dial it in. For those thinking about, give it a little time to settle in.

Last night, playing multiple balls off the tee, the extra stability it gave me as I explored the face was great. The shorter length also keep it overall more centered.

Here is one where driver 2 found the fairway twice, while my driver I sprayed out right and it ended up the same distance.
6E48A112-FE47-4049-B7EA-B5AA3C0A4FD0.jpeg

Back