Unfortunate time of year

Ohio golfer here. Certainly a sad part of the year where we hang up our sticks, but also one of the most beautiful scenery you can enjoy.

With Grandaddy coming up, I'm determined to battle the cold and stick it out take advantage of random warm days or hit up the dome, or a heated range (Windmill Golf Center), but Top Golf is opening up here in Independence next month I believe, so looking forward to that.

Here’s a fantastic aerial view of my course in Toronto.
1571964159165.jpeg

It’s not just the fall weather; it’s the diminishing daylight. Today the sun was setting as I drove home from work (sunset was 5:56). I’m not looking forward to the end of daylight savings time in a week and a half. The clocks back an hour means it will be dark before I leave work.

Daylight savings had not occurred to me yet... thanks for that :rolleyes:

Things are winding down a good bit here, my favorite tracks are closed and still have some options for a week or two, then will be driving an hour or two south for weekend rounds till snow sets in

Summers are a write off for me with golf. 2 preteen girls, camping, boating and an airline schedule make for limited golf.

This time of year I have much more free time. I look forward to getting on my sim to improve my game. I found that even with limited playing time this summer I was still shooting some of my lowest scores.

So I enjoy this time of year. I’ll miss playing a real course but sim golf has gotten me away from playing golf swing during the golf season. I leave that for the sim.

7e371741f8c82d78b7159d5fe1d15a4a.jpg

Back