Universal Club Adapters

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.4
I have often wondered why somebody didn‘t make some sort of universal adapter for the general consumer, similar to what we see in places like Club Champion, so that a person could use his/her favorite shaft in multiple drivers. I just heard of Club Connex, but don’t know anything about it. Are there others? Do they really work so that it is a seamless transition? What are others’ experience?

Genuinely, the reason in my opinion is that the market for that type of adapter is very small for a mainstream release. There are fitting tools and even some generic or no name brands out there, but few offer the weight and design of the original.

I have often wondered why somebody didn‘t make some sort of universal adapter for the general consumer, similar to what we see in places like Club Champion, so that a person could use his/her favorite shaft in multiple drivers. I just heard of Club Connex, but don’t know anything about it. Are there others? Do they really work so that it is a seamless transition? What are others’ experience?

I'd say Club Conex is your best bet. I've never used their current generation stuff, but would not hesitate. I had a few of their Gen1 pieces (wood/iron/shaft/head adapters all) and I had zero issues with them.

Genuinely, the reason in my opinion is that the market for that type of adapter is very small for a mainstream release. There are fitting tools and even some generic or no name brands out there, but few offer the weight and design of the original.

I am sure you are right. Not very many people have three or for driver heads or 5 to 10 expensive aftermarket shafts sitting around. My neighbors laugh at me when they are in my garage.

I looked into this and was basically dissuaded by club connex and another company, because they both indicated the system was for fitting purposes but not general play. I am sure that they are worried a head may not be properly seated and could fly off. This risk is assumed by fitters like club champion but not the average joe. Instead we get to pay to buy another manufacturers sleeve, remove the old and re-install. Doing that process currently on a new driver. Not too much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back