Unnofficial Illinois - Chicagoland Golf Gathering 2019 - Part 2

B81Smith

Hit Bombs!
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey Everyone,

We had such a blast the first go around we wanted to try again for something in August. We tossed some dates around and think August 10th sounds like it works for a lot of people. This is open to all who want to come out, meet cool people, hang with THP'ers that love all things golf.

Some courses to consider holding this at:

Stonewall Orchard
Kline Creek
Whisper Creek
Orchard Valley

We had a blast at Blackstone for the first gathering - see the pictures and live update here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...4666-Illinois-Chicagoland-Golf-Gathering-2019

So the when: August 10th - Saturday
Suggested starting tee time: 10am

Where: TBD.

Open to suggestions, etc. I listed out some courses that are nice but fairly reasonable. I've never been to Stonewall Orchard but hear its a must play.

Hey Everyone,

We had such a blast the first go around we wanted to try again for something in August. We tossed some dates around and think August 10th sounds like it works for a lot of people. This is open to all who want to come out, meet cool people, hang with THP'ers that love all things golf.

Some courses to consider holding this at:

Stonewall Orchard
Kline Creek
Whisper Creek
Orchard Valley

We had a blast at Blackstone for the first gathering - see the pictures and live update here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...4666-Illinois-Chicagoland-Golf-Gathering-2019

So the when: August 10th - Saturday
Suggested starting tee time: 10am

Where: TBD.

Open to suggestions, etc. I listed out some courses that are nice but fairly reasonable. I've never been to Stonewall Orchard but hear its a must play.

Just played orchard valley for the first time a week or so ago. If you can snag a hot deal or moose deal on other courses it might get more peeps in (save some $$) and i know some courses will do a group rate potentially as well. Just some random thoughts while waiting on this damn doctor to call

Yea I'm down for getting some type of moosegolf deal or golf now, etc. I'm not down to pay for it all LOL because a guy can just not show up, etc. But I'd be willing to try and coordinate a group by to a course. I'm sure if we get around 4 foursomes the course may give us a discount, etc.

I'd be willing to try anything to get more to get interested. :alien2:

August 10th works for me, good way to start off my 40th bday celebration that week lol.

I’m a tentative, depending on my knee and baby watch is going.
Other destinations:
Mistwood
Prairie Landing
Big Run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a tentative, depending on my knee and baby watch is going.
Other destinations:
Mistwood
Prairie Landing
Big Run

i can defo set up something at Misty if interested...its a links course but for the foodies out there the food is legit as well.

Yea! I loved mistwood prior to upgrades and so I’d definitely love to get back over there since the renovations. I swear the day I played it was super windy. Hahaha.

August 10th so far looks good for me. Baseball season is done next Saturday, Summer basketball we only have one Saturday game.

I will just need approval from the family, I know one weekend we are heading up to lake geneva, I don't think it's the 10th.

Stonewall is a must play and I am going to try and come for this

I did buy a coupon that’s a heck of a deal on golfmouse for whisper creek 18/w cart for 2 for $54. At 27/guy at that place it’s a steal. Good thru October 31. Holidays and weekends after 12.

I could do the 10th as long as we don't tee off much later than 10am.

Seems like time is flying by. We’re about 2.5 weeks away from 8/10 the day many day will work. Wondering if anyone else is interested. No dates were tossed out but it seems many could make the 8/10 day as long as we play around 10am which works for me.

As stated I’m down to look into deals etc. We have whisper creek, Kline creek, orchard valley, etc. Settlers hill is also decent with some nice features. I’d say money wise I’d like to keep it at 50 or below but I’d splurge a bit if we want a nice track like whisper or Kline creek.

I am still good for the 10th, I will take any course at any price that favors a hook/over-draw.

Be forewarned, my swing has gotten worse since we last played. Putting has gotten better.

I’m good for the 10th

Sweet. Looks like we gotta couple votes for mistwood. She’s in the lead right now if I’m keeping score

I would love to check out mistwood. Same with others on the list. I am hoping to make the 10th work.

Have we gotten any further on this?

Hey hey hey!

I've went through this thread and got the following names:
1. myself - B81smith
2. Ottawaclo
3. Trmpt98
4. -CJ-
5. mielke101 - out
6. MSH134
7. formula8
8. Boder

If everyone can make August 10th at 9:50am/10am I will make two tee times at Mistwood for around those times and update the thread.

How should I proceed ya'll? Looking forward to this if we can get it rolling! :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it.

I am still in, never played mistwood, can't wait :banana:

Made two tee times at Mistwood golf club for Saturday August 10th @ 10:10a and 10:20a.

Trmpt98 was nice enough to send out an email asking to firm up with the guys interested.

I posted in the other thread but I'll be there on the 10th. Thanks for organizing things.

Awesome!!!! Can’t wait.

Just wanted to post an update:

1. myself - B81smith - confirmed to come.
2. Ottawaclo - confirmed to come - working a deal on price - maybe.....
3. Trmpt98 - confirmed to come.
4. -CJ- - confirmed to come.
5. mielke101 - out
6. MSH134 - out
7. formula8 - confirmed to come.
8. Boder - confirmed to come.

I will send this same list in the email chain so people can confirm for sure.

Just a suggestion: If price is a concern, we can make a last minute decision to play Orchard Valley for $79 - includes cart VS $110 at Mistwood - includes cart and range balls so that's a plus! :beat-up:

I can say this will be the most expensive round I'll play this year but its a great course and I love playing with like minded people and meeting THPer's. Should be a total blast but if you haven't watched the flyover yet you should! I'm definitely bringing some extra balls I won't cry over losing because this course looks like a ball beater!

Fly over: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y0KxGaWVD8

Last edited:
Adding in -
if you want to bring a friend/buddy/etc feel free. It looks like we have 5, maybe 6 at the most - so we have room for 2 more :)

Back