Unofficial THP New England Outing: 2016

Bought a nice memory foam travel pillow for the train ride:sleepy:

3 month out bumparoo

Also first post edited with interest

3 month out bumparoo

Also first post edited with interest

Do you want to have some pictures and things of the such during the unofficial? I noticed you taking a lot with your cell phone but wasn't sure if you'd want something more. Offer is on the table if so. I can take a bunch with whatever group I'm playing with

Do you want to have some pictures and things of the such during the unofficial? I noticed you taking a lot with your cell phone but wasn't sure if you'd want something more. Offer is on the table if so. I can take a bunch with whatever group I'm playing with

Totally up to you, i think some guys will be taking pics with their phones and what not, i've been at past events where people took pics with a camera and they came out great. I think as long as it doesn't affect pace of play and your partners are cool with it.

Played the Jones Course today... Brutal walk with the wind. Tough play with the wind. Thankfully my short game was on point today. Couldn't get more than 230 off the tee with the wind. Par 3's were extremely hard but inside 100 I felt great

1f1c7b0aec59fc49ecd9227ab66e0d0f.jpg

38450b055f74ae9a2eaac524f3922e42.jpg

b9447f4e71e0a137b02361f3d33fde0a.jpg

f2246df167c87ad5966e45d22c10bb57.jpg
f43eb0b322474e33c683a9b1c0156c52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I read that card right at 7000?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nice shooting Joel, thanks for the pics course looks great.

The blues and ALOT of practice in the short game.

Did I read that card right at 7000?

So, this is something I have been trying to figure out. My country club in Ohio runs at 6900 from the blues.

Just about everything in Texas played 6800+

Here I see a lot of courses between 6200-6800 at the blues. Is it just me? I am open to being wrong.

Blues=tips?

Usually gold or black for tips (Lyman it's black) for my home club it's gold. For most places I played in Texas it was either black or Burnt orange

Most of the tracks I play avg 7k blacks, 6500 blues and 6k whites.

I'll have to look at the scorecard and see what blacks were

Actually. I didn't even enter a tee box. Arccos did that

For Lyman Orchards Jones Course, blacks = tips, blues are the next box up, then white. Yardage is 7011, then 6614, then 6200.

For Lyman Orchards Jones Course, blacks = tips, blues are the next box up, then white. Yardage is 7011, then 6614, then 6200.

Are you in this year Amol?

Are you in this year Amol?

I don't think so. Wife and I have tickets to Coldplay on that night at Gillette and it's likely too much for me to go to CT even just for the morning round and then get back here for the concert. Yes, it's #firstworldproblems, but I've got to put the family first on this one.

I didn't get to the scorecard yet, but with that said how is arccos measuring?

This is my first round with arccos

This is my first round with arccos

Usually you have to pick a tee box before you tee off. I'm assuming you didn't and it just defaulted to the tips. What tee box did you play?

Blue. I will see if I can go back and change it

Is there an easy way to change the tee box?

I live about ten minutes away from Lyman Orchards, if any THP'ers are going to play there (or want to play), PM me. :)

They punched the greens pretty aggressively about 3 weeks ago and they are still recovering.

For those of you who played at the New England THP/KBS event a couple of years ago, you will probably notice that some of the more prominent trees are gone, they lost a bunch of them in a thunderstorm last year. They also took out a couple more over the fall/winter.

Awesome to see you guys put another one together, had SUCH a great time last year! That's a nice 2 hour ride for me. What can you guys tell me about the course? I am assuming we would be riding if 36 holes is the plan?

Back