US Open Qualifying

Wow, I can't believe how many big names are on that leaderboard. That is a pretty legit PGA Tour roster at that Open qualifying site.

That is impressive and would be super intimidating to try and qualify paired up with half of them.

Wow, I can't believe how many big names are on that leaderboard. That is a pretty legit PGA Tour roster at that Open qualifying site.

Gotta remember that Scioto CC is near Memorial, so it only makes sense that if you’re playing in that and you’re not in the US Open field, you’re gonna play where’s closest. I would hate to be in that field if an amateur. You have to be on all cylinders that day or you’re gonna get lapped

REALLY impressive to see Brandon Wu up there surrounded by all of the pros. He played on Stanford's national championship team this year. He's having quite a good run of golf at the moment. I guess he's keeping his Am status to be able to play in the Walker Cup later this year.

The leader at Streamsong Black is -15 through 27 holes. 3 players will qualify out of that site, and the other 2 players in those positions right now are at -11 after just starting their last 9 holes of the day. I guess the really good players don't find the Black course all that hard.

I've got my eyes on the NY qualifier. Matt Parziale is a local guy, was the 2017 US Mid-Am champ and got low Am at last year's US Open. He's currently T1 after the morning round. That qualifier is pretty tough, 73 players for only 4 spots! He's at -2, and -1 is 6 guys tied for 3rd right now.

That's the firefighter that got all the pub at Augusta last year right?

That's the firefighter that got all the pub at Augusta last year right?

Same guy. He qualified today, finished 2nd in that qualifier.

Rob Oppenheim and Kelly Kraft going to a playoff for the last spot in that qualifier.

I'm not sure why more guys don't go play the Springfield Country Club qualifier from the Columbus area. It only has 5 spots up for grabs but the field is a bit weaker with hardly any tour pros going there. Zac Blair made it in from that location. Springfield Country Club is an old Donald Ross course that I'd love to be able to get a round on at some point

This is pretty nuts....
25ab62235ebfdddbd194b42ee8078a30.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The leader at Streamsong Black is -15 through 27 holes. 3 players will qualify out of that site, and the other 2 players in those positions right now are at -11 after just starting their last 9 holes of the day. I guess the really good players don't find the Black course all that hard.

I wish the pin sheet would have leaked out somewhere. The fact there were a lot of low numbers there makes me think they put them center of green and said go get it fellas.

People who have actually played it expected carnage.

The low quality field at Streamsong says a lot , I am there in November and will report back.

Some notable names didn't qualify at the various sectionals

Who's out: Bernd Wiesberger (-7), Lee Westwood (-4), Andrew "Beef" Johnston (-3), Edoardo Molinari (-3)

Who's out: Kelly Kraft (+2), Jim Herman (+5), J.J. Henry (+5), Gary Nicklaus (+9), Johnson Wagner (+11)

Who's out: Hiroyuki Fujita (-8), Hideto Tanihara (-7), Jazz Janewattananond (WD)

Who's out: Brian Harman (-3), Mackenzie Hughes (-3), Ryan Blaum (-3), Martin Laird (+1), Andrew Landry (+3), Shane Bacon (+9)

Who's out: Joel Dahmen (-4), Peter Malnati (-4), Cameron Champ (-4), Kevin Tway (-4), Harold Varner III (-3), Ryan Moore (-3), Steve Stricker (-1), Charley Hoffman (-1), Max Homa (E), Bill Haas (E), Nick Watney (+2), Akshay Bhatia (a) (+10), Bobby Clampett (+13)

Who's out: Joo-Young Lee (-4), Michael Thompson (-3), Troy Merritt (-1), Corey Conners (+2)

Who's out: Tyson Alexander (-10), Jack Maguire (-9), Jon Curran (-4)

Who's out: Joey Garber (-8), Brendon de Jonge (-4), Robert Karlsson (-4), Jason Bohn (-3), D.J. Trahan (-2)

Who's out: Harris English (-4), Fabian Gomez (-3), Padraig Harrington (-2), Hudson Swafford (E), Austin Cook (+2), Ricky Barnes (+4)

Who's out: Tee-K Kelly (-2), Denny McCarthy (E), Garrett Rank (a) (E), Steve Wheatcroft (+2), Edward Loar (+5)

Who's out: Miguel Tabuena (-8), Isaiah Salinda (a) (-6), Charlie Beljan (-6), Cameron Tringale (-3)

Who's out: Michael Putnam (-6), Andres Gonzales (-5), Kevin Stadler (+1)

This is pretty nuts....
25ab62235ebfdddbd194b42ee8078a30.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Golf is so freaking competitive from top to bottom it is insane! Outside of the elites you hear about every week, there is a really DEEP pool of talent!

Back