Usernames and Avatar: Explain Yours

snafu= situation all f☆☆☆ed up from my military days it also describes my golf game avatar is my daughter grip on her folf club

snafu= situation all f☆☆☆ed up from my military days it also describes my golf game avatar is my daughter grip on her folf club
I always thought is was "situation normal all F@@@ed up"

My name Mari (old family spelling, pronounced Mary). My middle initial is C. When I first enrolled in college someone made a typo and shoved my middle initial onto my first name. I tried changing the records, but it was such a hassle I just left it and filed a name change after I graduated.
Avatar is a picture at a local driving range where I took my first lesson.

Millsan1 = Last name, first two digits of first name and the number 1. It was my first network login from 25 years ago, and I use it on forums, etc, since it is always available. I am easy to cyber stalk.

Avatar is a screen cap from the video at CDA. Right after I said "I piss excellence" I actually hit a good drive and turned back to the camera and said "told ya"
Was it good? Really? Haha

My name is Matt Dawson and I am from Minneapolis which gets shortened down to MPLS. Most people know me as Dimples. Haha

My avatar pic is a Grandaddy Truvis ball that I got from Darth Finley in CDA.

Jman = James Man

Used to be Jman215 when I joined, I used to be heftier than I am now. ;)

Since your not using it, could I use the 215 when I get down to that weight?

Username: :confused2:

Avatar: logo designed by my partner @KY Golfer for the 2019 Budget Golf THP Championship. I'll keep it as long as he does, so I can continue to confuse myself occasionally with some of "my" other posts. I may bring back the 'pink' Ogio hat at some point.

time4tim= my name is Tim and it’s my time.

Avatar pic is from my trip to the RTJ Trail in Alabama.

Last edited:
Well.... I'm Greek.. it's been my Twitter name

May change it over to me actual nickname (Gyro) but we'll see

Avatar is with my love of ceeegaaars

Slammin' Sam was of course the nickname for Sam Snead, for his prodigious length off the tee. I grew up as a Snead fan, and chose the nickname Slammin'SAM here because I too was a long hitter and my initials are S.A.M.

The long hitter part isn't very factual any more :cry:.

My avatar is my best buddy, my Maltese dog Finlay.

D is for my first name. The Nice bit is because it seemed to have a nice ring to it.

My photo is the most important little lady in my life. My 5yr old daughter. My little bud.

M2: My initials. I hate how MM looks so I use a 2 instead.

Giles: Nickname my wife gave me after Giles from Buffy the Vampire slayer. I love wearing suits and have several tweed ones.

Picture: Jose from Cobra Golf and me. Taken during the 2019 Morgan Cup where we were partners for the first session. I believe we beat Mike Yagley and @phoffer 3 and 2. Probably one of if not the best weekend of my life. Have had soon to be F9Giles below my name as play on my name for the Morgan Cup
3 and 2. Hahaha I'll gladly take that, not nearly the ass kicking that actually occurred

<<<<<< that is where Snickerdog came from My basset hound was named Snickers, so just added the dog to the end.

User name is made up of pieces of three very special people in my life. Two children and wife.

Avatar is a picture of the Oklahoma Sooners stadium. Love me some Sooners!

Username: :confused2:

Avatar: logo designed by my partner @KY Golfer for the 2019 Budget Golf THP Championship. I'll keep it as long as he does, so I can continue to confuse myself occasionally with some of "my" other posts. I may bring back the 'pink' Ogio hat at some point.
Change it anytime you want my friend. It's had a good run.

Long Shot - I approach things (especially athletic endeavors) with an underdog mindset. Keeps me working hard.

Mine is pretty boring. Name is my first name and year I was born. Avatar is me saying goodbye to the best golf course I’ve been lucky enough to set foot on thanks to the generosity of THP & Callaway Golf.

I've been a huge skier since age six logging over 100 days a year on the slopes growing up. Shortly after a career move took us to Northern California in 1998 we fell in love with the Tahoe area and several years later bought a condo on Lake Tahoe in King's Beach. We spent as much time as possible summer and winter up at the lake and my sales job allowed me to stay at our condo another 15 nights a year. Sometimes my wife thought I only wanted to work in Reno so I could be up at the lake. :) I joined this forum about 7 years ago so it was a natural nickname. It's one of the most beautiful spots in the U.S. summer or winter.

I should probably change it to something like MnLakeBum now. :)

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 7.28.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-18 at 7.34.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 7.23.36 PM.png

copenhagerman is a nickname my buddy gave me in high school. Copen for Copenhagen which we both used and Hagerman is my last name. My avatar is just a random picture someone made for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Smallville.

Big Superman fan since I was a little kid. Clark Kent grew up in Smallville, and Smallville is "supposed to be" in Kansas.

On the recent Superman show (aptly named, "Smallville," Lois calls Clark, Smallvile - - -I liked that and started using it as my username.

My avatar is Rip Squeak, a golfing mouse. He is actually a series of childrens books. I got the artwork from a store in Monterey, California while we were there for a wedding in 2008, about a month before THP started.

I change my avatar from time to time, but it always comes back to Rip Squeak.

Before that any time I needed a username, I used "Good To Go" or some variation of that because I am a NASCAR fan. Good to go means everything's ready, let's go racing!

Back