Using L.A.B. Golf’s “Revealer”

Thrillbilly Jim

No Diddy! No Doubt!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
If I ever change putters, it will 100% be a L.A.B. Golf putter!

Crazy how well balanced that is. I can’t even wrap my head around how that shape is so balanced.

I tried the DF 2.1, the MEZZ 1, and the BLĀD?. I liked the space ship the best, but that blade was really good too.

Never understood why this is a good thing beyond a cool party trick.

None of the clubs you swing way harder and faster have issues with not being balanced like that.

Never understood why this is a good thing beyond a cool party trick.

None of the clubs you swing way harder and faster have issues with not being balanced like that.
Although I've owned and played L.A.B. (Directed Force) putters since 2018, I can't say that, beyond initial intrigue, the tech really registered with me.

But what I can say is that I've never before played putters that instinctively encourage such an extremely light grip. Whether it's a result of the tech or what, I can't say. But I cannot hold other putters equally as light, and for me, a light grip equals good putting.

Keep in mind, it’s designed with their putters in mind.
That’s all I will say.

That’s all I will say.
Meaning Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Nah. No need to.

I believe in the science behind LAB. They’re the most stable putters in the stroke I’ve ever used. But, their “revealer” was designed specifically for THEIR philosophy and design, yet they test others in it…

Nah. No need to.

I believe in the science behind LAB. They’re the most stable putters in the stroke I’ve ever used. But, their “revealer” was designed specifically for THEIR philosophy and design, yet they test others in it…
Is that to showcase/accentuate what LAB putters can do versus everyone else or is it because no one had thought to test for it? It’s kinda of a chicken or the egg thing? Did they create something that no one asked for?

That’s all I will say.
That was exactly my thought.

That’s all I will say.
I know the original designer Bill Presse. He is a local Reno guy. Crazy I never thought these designs would go this far. I think a lot of that is due to him selling and getting some deeper pockets and marketing know how. Plus the quality is much better than originally. He struggled with consistency and got and finish.

I know the original designer Bill Presse. He is a local Reno guy. Crazy I never thought these designs would go this far. I think a lot of that is due to him selling and getting some deeper pockets and marketing know how. Plus the quality is much better than originally. He struggled with consistency and got and finish.
The science behind them is real, they’re practically fool proof. I’ve just got a problem with the revealer in how they try to use it to dismiss other putters, rather than to showcase theirs.

Supposed to be a new version of DF coming possibly before first of year. Would love to give the Mezz a try for a while

Supposed to be a new version of DF coming possibly before first of year. Would love to give the Mezz a try for a while
Hopefully the shape will be less divisive. I game the DF 2.1 right now and while I love how it performs the shape leaves a lot to be desired.

The science behind them is real, they’re practically fool proof. I’ve just got a problem with the revealer in how they try to use it to dismiss other putters, rather than to showcase theirs.
100% feel you there.

Today is the maiden voyage for my DF 2.1 putter. I don’t expect it to correct my putting flaws overnight, but if it helps or even inspires more confidence that I can make putts is that really a bad thing?

I think their tech probably works for more people than what use them, but I don't know that it's what's best for everyone. I'd imagine having torque at certain parts of the stroke is good for some people.

Been using the DF 2.1 for more than a year.

I find their tech works very well if you are able to square up and have a straight putting action. It's basically auto pilot.

But I sometimes tend to pull the ball. And the zero torque tech isn't going to help me correct that. So it's no miracle worker.

Back