UST Mamiya Helium Prototype Shafts

So I’m told by a pretty reliable source the 49X isn’t offered yet...

It's beautiful, send it to me when you are done lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Better pic :alien:

DSC_0424-XL.jpg

That's pretty and needs to be tried in my Epic Flash. :D

Better pic :alien:

DSC_0424-XL.jpg

The new color scheme is so much better... And the previous color scheme is good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Helium 5F4 will be compared to original prototype and to PX EF Green 55 stiff (which is also 58 or 59g) over the next few months. This should be fun.

Mine is in the cortex and planning to put the other in a 3 wood

How are you liking in on the cortex

8a1a5871a6529d1bd3b0e6b4c1f5e13e.jpg

I have a Lamkin TS1 I can put on this beauty but the black / red combo doesn’t seem cool enough. Hmmmm....

I need to take a photo of all 4 Helium shafts I have together....family photo time.

I have a Lamkin TS1 I can put on this beauty but the black / red combo doesn’t seem cool enough. Hmmmm....

I need to take a photo of all 4 Helium shafts I have together....family photo time.

Sweet!

Is there any difference other than color scheme compared to the original proto?

Definitely time for a family photo before the sibling rivalry kicks off.

How are you liking in on the cortex

I mean I love it. Last time I checked Spinning around 25-2800 and launching right around 13*

Need to take it back in to get on a monitor with my new settings though.

Have it at 11*, weight just back of middle, and weights in the neutral setting.

So my fitting opened up the idea of going lighter. My irons dropped 20g. What about dropping my driver shaft about 20g?

I currently play a tensei pro white 70tx tipped 1". The thing I love about the tensei is its stable but doesn't feel like a board. My current numbers with my tensei is around 12* launch at 2400ish backspin at 168-171 mph ballspeed. It's a solid fit. The atmos black 7x feels off for me. The smoke I think is okay. For some reason the helium has got me thinking a bit.

The fact that people have reported this thing holding up to to 110 mph+ swings and feeling stable but not board like could be an interesting experiment.

So my fitting opened up the idea of going lighter. My irons dropped 20g. What about dropping my driver shaft about 20g?

I currently play a tensei pro white 70tx tipped 1". The thing I love about the tensei is its stable but doesn't feel like a board. My current numbers with my tensei is around 12* launch at 2400ish backspin at 168-171 mph ballspeed. It's a solid fit. The atmos black 7x feels off for me. The smoke I think is okay. For some reason the helium has got me thinking a bit.

The fact that people have reported this thing holding up to to 110 mph+ swings and feeling stable but not board like could be an interesting experiment.

It could be but the helium will spin quite a bit more than the tensei white I think. As your captain I don't think we need you experimenting out there, nail down what works and works well haha :angel:

It could be but the helium will spin quite a bit more than the tensei white I think. As your captain I don't think we need you experimenting out there, nail down what works and works well haha :angel:

Experiment away

That is the big fear I have. But what do I know? I'll probably get a few swings in with what is available.

That is the big fear I have. But what do I know? I'll probably get a few swings in with what is available.

It will spin more than the white, but depending on how you typically hit the ball it may not be a huge difference. I say freaking do it :) its a great shaft or at least maybe in the 3 wood

Sweet!

Is there any difference other than color scheme compared to the original proto?

Not sure all that’s changed but it’s a new version of the Helium. I think the webpage mentions 25% less resin or something like that.

Definitely time for a family photo before the sibling rivalry kicks off.
Haha definitely. Needs to happen this weekend.

Man they nailed the color combos on the Helium....big time.

Are most of you playing your typical flex in these? Or playing stiffer due to higher torque? That being said has anyone had any experience with the F4 vs F5 flex? Does it play much different?

Are most of you playing your typical flex in these? Or playing stiffer due to higher torque? That being said has anyone had any experience with the F4 vs F5 flex? Does it play much different?
Paging @Lions81 for specific feedback. He also has it in the F9.

I had the Helium Proto 5F3 that I played in my Rogue and have now switched to the F9 with the 4F3 in the driver and 5F3 in the 3w. I think they are pretty true to flex. For being the F3 R flex they don't feel too whippy and I thought the 5F3 in the Rogue was much more stable than the R flex Aldila Synergy in that head.

Typical flex for me - F4 - but I don’t have any experience with F5.

I asked Lindsay at UST what the difference is between the Helium Proto and the new Helium. She said, "They are pretty much the same. There is just a slight change in the tip being a tad softer on the new Helium, but still very stable."

I was really impressed with the new Helium while hitting the F9 driver last weekend. Ball flight was high and long. I was surprised how stable it was for being a lighter shaft.

I asked Lindsay at UST what the difference is between the Helium Proto and the new Helium. She said, "They are pretty much the same. There is just a slight change in the tip being a tad softer on the new Helium, but still very stable."

I was really impressed with the new Helium while hitting the F9 driver last weekend. Ball flight was high and long. I was surprised how stable it was for being a lighter shaft.

@Lions81 here is your answer as to the differences. Maybe this explains some things. 10.5 F9 head and go to work with the new one.

I really like what I hear about this shaft and will be trying it but want to get it right . Shaft fit on UST site puts me in He5F4. That seems about right to me based on reading all the great posts on this shaft on this site. Must be 50 pages of info.

I am a 93-98 mph swinger w miderate to slightly quick tempo and moderate to slightly aggressive transition. Winter I am 93 and summer kicks up towards high 90s - creaky bod. I use an AD DI 6S now which is good, but, we are always looking for more...

What I would like to do is go He4 in driver and He5 in 3 and 5 woods.

Not a lot info on the He4 out there. Very few reviews.

Anyone know how the He4 measures up to He5? For example, is it the same profile? And, is a He4F4 as stiff as an He5F4? The He4F5 XXX shaft talk has me very intrigued.

What are your guys thoughts? Thanks for help. I did submit this question to UST via there fitting contact form, but, they just repeated their shaft fit output and didn’t respond to query regarding He4 relative to He5. Didn’t gain any insight.

Last edited:
I really like what I hear about this shaft and will be trying it but want to get it right . Shaft fit on UST site puts me in He5F4. That seems about right to me based on reading all the great posts on this shaft on this site. Must be 50 pages of info.

I am a 93-98 mph swinger w miderate to slightly quick tempo and moderate to slightly aggressive transition. Winter I am 93 and summer kicks up towards high 90s - creaky bod. I use an AD DI 6S now which is good, but, we are always looking for more...

What I would like to do is go He4 in driver and He5 in 3 and 5 woods.

Not a lot info on the He4 out there. Very few reviews.

Anyone know how the He4 measures up to He5? For example, is it the same profile? And, is a He4F4 as stiff as an He5F4? The He4F5 XXX shaft talk has me very intrigued.

What are your guys thoughts? Thanks for help. I did submit this question to UST via there fitting contact form, but, they just repeated their shaft fit output and didn’t respond to query regarding He4 relative to He5. Didn’t gain any insight.

Helium 4F4 is a touch softer on the butt side but similar in the mid and tip. If you can find the Helium 4F4, tip it 1/2" and you will be good to go. Helium 4F4 has been discontinued with the launch of the product to retail.

4F1/4F2

5F3/5F4/5F5

Thanks,
Danny

Back