UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

I am old so I am thinking about a set of Dart 65's in a set of Ai Smoke irons. Just haven't decided on standard or HL model.

I am old so I am thinking about a set of Dart 65's in a set of Ai Smoke irons. Just haven't decided on standard or HL model.
Sounds like a whole lotta forgiveness

Do It GIF

Few quick takeaways from league last night:

1. Getting insanely comfortable with my short irons and wedges as far as distance control with the Dart shafts. 105s in my 60 degree Callaway CB wedge shined in particular. Hit two shots within 10 feet that stuck with ease. Out of all the clubs I think the two wedges had the biggest "adjustment period" for me. 9 and PW were also stellar. Had one pitching wedge that I needed just a little bit extra so swung a little harder and boy did it respond. Tricked onto a par 5 and helped me save Par on the hole.

2. The long irons were a little erratic, but I've continued to have some elbow issues. It's not caused by the shafts because it's not painful, just slightly uncomfortable at times and I only really notice it on tee shots with the 5 or 6 iron.

3. The Dart 75 shaft in the AI Smoke 3 Hybrid is just fantastic. That pairing is about as much fun as I've had with a club since I got the Apex UW....the only issue now is I'm considering replacing that UW with another AI Smoke hybrid. Maybe a 7HL with a Dart Shaft..... Something I never thought I'd say because the UW has been my go to club for so long now. But I think another one of these hybrids could be a fantastic addition and set up my bag a little better. Stay Tuned.

Anyone on the fence about Recoil Darts, just hit me up with questions. I really think everyone could benefit. Once you get locked into the right weight/flex they can change your game for the better.

Few quick takeaways from league last night:

1. Getting insanely comfortable with my short irons and wedges as far as distance control with the Dart shafts. 105s in my 60 degree Callaway CB wedge shined in particular. Hit two shots within 10 feet that stuck with ease. Out of all the clubs I think the two wedges had the biggest "adjustment period" for me. 9 and PW were also stellar. Had one pitching wedge that I needed just a little bit extra so swung a little harder and boy did it respond. Tricked onto a par 5 and helped me save Par on the hole.

2. The long irons were a little erratic, but I've continued to have some elbow issues. It's not caused by the shafts because it's not painful, just slightly uncomfortable at times and I only really notice it on tee shots with the 5 or 6 iron.

3. The Dart 75 shaft in the AI Smoke 3 Hybrid is just fantastic. That pairing is about as much fun as I've had with a club since I got the Apex UW....the only issue now is I'm considering replacing that UW with another AI Smoke hybrid. Maybe a 7HL with a Dart Shaft..... Something I never thought I'd say because the UW has been my go to club for so long now. But I think another one of these hybrids could be a fantastic addition and set up my bag a little better. Stay Tuned.

Anyone on the fence about Recoil Darts, just hit me up with questions. I really think everyone could benefit. Once you get locked into the right weight/flex they can change your game for the better.
What iron shafts were you coming from before these?

What iron shafts were you coming from before these?
I had Darts before this but they were 75g and way too light. Prior to that I had Recoil SmacWrap

Had these out at the range during lunch, and I continue to really, really enjoy the performance and feel I get from the 105's. Long irons feel so good, as the ball jumps off the face. Piercing flight that's easy to flight down into the wind if need be. And I hit some really good shots with the short irons. Same thing, ball jumps off the face, and when I go after it, is easy to keep on target. If i get a little lazy I do pull it to the left, but what is a usual for me. Working on it!

All in all, really happy to have switched to the Darts! Have 18 holes planned for tomorrow, and I'm excited to see the progression I have on course!

I've hit a lot of golf balls the last couple days trying to figure out what I have done wrong with my swing. I couldn't do it with steel iron shafts. No elbow or wrist pain noted after a few hundred swings per day

DART players, has anyone done a mixed weight build with these? Same flex but lighter in the long irons and progressively heavier as the irons got shorter?

DART players, has anyone done a mixed weight build with these? Same flex but lighter in the long irons and progressively heavier as the irons got shorter?
I have 90 as in 5-PW and then 105s with the other wedges. Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but I think I'd probably even be good with 9 iron and PW in 105s.

I'm really glad I made the switch to the Dart 105's. I'm really starting to see some good iron shots again. At the WWC at Briggs last week I hit most shots pretty solid. Not all because I never will, but a lot of good shots. They were still really good down the stretch when the pressure amped up some as well. That was only rounds 5 & 6 with them so with more time on course I'm expecting to see even better results. They also feel so good.

I'm really glad I made the switch to the Dart 105's. I'm really starting to see some good iron shots again. At the WWC at Briggs last week I hit most shots pretty solid. Not all because I never will, but a lot of good shots. They were still really good down the stretch when the pressure amped up some as well. That was only rounds 5 & 6 with them so with more time on course I'm expecting to see even better results. They also feel so good.
Dart 105 F4’s are so damn good.

did you throw them in your wedges too? I have two shafts here ready to go, just a bit shy of making that change now with BagBoy in the near future.

did you throw them in your wedges too? I have two shafts here ready to go, just a bit shy of making that change now with BagBoy in the near future.
I put one in the PW & the 48*. I left the steel in the 52, 55 & 58. I probably would’ve put one in the 52 because I mainly use it for full swings but I didn’t get one for it. Not sure if I will switch it eventually or not.

I have 90 as in 5-PW and then 105s with the other wedges. Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but I think I'd probably even be good with 9 iron and PW in 105s.
I've done this in a build with rapid tapers, 75gm 5-6, 85gm 7-8, 95gm 9-PW & it works well. Now they have 105 & 115 there's more choices & after hitting the 75 F4 DART & seeing the weight options got me thinking

I've done this in a build with rapid tapers, 75gm 5-6, 85gm 7-8, 95gm 9-PW & it works well. Now they have 105 & 115 there's more choices & after hitting the 75 F4 DART & seeing the weight options got me thinking
I talked with Danny about it a little bit. I was a bit scared to go with Darts in wedges honestly, I'd tried graphite before in wedges and it didn't go well. But having a heavier weight in those eased my mind a bit and honestly they feel fantastic.

I think about this a lot. I think 95g in my 5&6, 105 in my 7-9 and 115 in everything else would be a pretty great setup. Some height in the lower irons and more control as you get into wedges. This might be the most internet golfer thing I've ever considered.

I think about this a lot. I think 95g in my 5&6, 105 in my 7-9 and 115 in everything else would be a pretty great setup. Some height in the lower irons and more control as you get into wedges. This might be the most internet golfer thing I've ever considered.
The build above is now in my old Titleist 775CB irons as a my soon to be back in Florida set, had a lot of fun using them while I rebuilt the Hogans for this season.

The build above is now in my old Titleist 775CB irons as a my soon to be back in Florida set, had a lot of fun using them while I rebuilt the Hogans for this season.
It's not like I have an extra set of irons. Oh wait... :LOL:

Custom Arrow Darts making the trip and looking forward to giving them some swings.

Don't tempt me. I'm a little hungover from watching the draft with my buddies last night. These are the days I usually make questionable golf purchases.

Back