VA Composites VLYN putter shaft

jfrigo1003

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
View attachment IMG_4041.mov
VA Composites makes some awesome shafts. I’ve played their Raijin, Raijin 2.0, Drago, and Nemesys shafts with success so I was excited to hear them coming out with a putter shaft.

I have not been outside with this yet but early results on my indoor green seem promising. I’m noticing my initial start line is straighter and more consistent. The profile is definitely stiffer yet feels more balanced than the steel shaft I pulled out of the putter.

To me this feels smoother than LAGP. The feel off the face also seems to have dampened creating a softer sound and feel. Using a TP5x with the stock steel shaft compared to the VLYN shaft, it was immediately noticeable the difference in feel. It felt like I changed to a softer ball like a TP5 instead of the X version.

IMG_4049.jpegIMG_4044.jpegIMG_4045.jpegIMG_4050.jpeg
View attachment IMG_4041.mov

I've always wanted to try some VA shafts. This putter shaft looks/sounds awesome.

Excited to hear your thoughts on it when you get to take it outside.

I've always wanted to try some VA shafts. This putter shaft looks/sounds awesome.

Excited to hear your thoughts on it when you get to take it outside.
Highly recommend trying them out if you can!!! I know they're available at club champion but it's very rare to find them out in the wild. Also very minimal offerings even on eBay

Ive used LAGP, Stability and Stability Tour, KBS CT Tour and GPS, Stroke Lab, UST All-In...... If I had to choose right now it would be between this and the LA Golf shaft

I'll definitely continue to update as I use this shaft

My soon to arrive new driver will have a VA Slay in it (from CC fitting). Not sure I could game this putter shaft - graphics maybe too distracting. I like an all black putter shaft. They look cool, just not for me for that club. Don't care in the driver.

The graphics I get on driver shafts, but putter? Pass for me.

My soon to arrive new driver will have a VA Slay in it (from CC fitting). Not sure I could game this putter shaft - graphics maybe too distracting. I like an all black putter shaft. They look cool, just not for me for that club. Don't care in the driver.
honestly completely agree with you both. I do think having the graphics on the shaft are unnecessary but thats why I went with the graphics facing down. White is not my first preference in shaft color but ive used a white KBS shaft before and it didnt bother me

I'd still take the VYLYN graphics over LA installing their shafts logo up at address

Spent some more time with this last night in my basement green and I really love how it feels

I was able to putt back to back with this setup and my Newport 2 W/ LAGP 135. What I noticed is the Newport / LA setup felt more tip stiff and overall heavier towards the head. I never minded it before and its worked for me in the past. After putting with the VYLYN shaft I noticed how much more balanced top to bottom the VYLYN is than the LA shaft

The Bettinardi is 10g heavier in head weight yet feels more balanced

Wish to shift gears a tad here. Not sure I could handle the graphics on putter shaft, but if it works maybe. You mentioned first post you have played 4 different VA Com shafts with success. Why the different shafts vs going with just the one? I have a Badazz and love it. Have had thoughts of the Drago in 45. Speak to the 4 you've played and how they were different.

Wish to shift gears a tad here. Not sure I could handle the graphics on putter shaft, but if it works maybe. You mentioned first post you have played 4 different VA Com shafts with success. Why the different shafts vs going with just the one? I have a Badazz and love it. Have had thoughts of the Drago in 45. Speak to the 4 you've played and how they were different.
no other reason than im a club and shaft ho. I have to try all the things haha

Raijin and Raijin 2.0 were used in fairways and hybrid. They gave me a little bit higher launch with mid-low spin which I loved. Both shafts were smooth yet stiff and a subtle kick through impact

Drago was used in driver and even now it's been one of the lowest launching and spinning combos ive tried. When I played this shaft I ended up with a higher lofted head but the accuracy was very very good

Nemesys might be my favorite shaft they make. It is very counter balanced and lots of weight in the handle. There is a kick through impact but it's still very stable. I played this shaft at one point in a PXG driver, fairway and hybrid. With PXG I had the extra weight kit and loved being able to add extra weight to the head due to how counter balanced the Nemesys is. This shaft is not a shaft you can just plug and play bc a lot of weight is needed to add to the head. Otherwise it will play very light

no other reason than im a club and shaft ho. I have to try all the things haha

Raijin and Raijin 2.0 were used in fairways and hybrid. They gave me a little bit higher launch with mid-low spin which I loved. Both shafts were smooth yet stiff and a subtle kick through impact

Drago was used in driver and even now it's been one of the lowest launching and spinning combos ive tried. When I played this shaft I ended up with a higher lofted head but the accuracy was very very good

Nemesys might be my favorite shaft they make. It is very counter balanced and lots of weight in the handle. There is a kick through impact but it's still very stable. I played this shaft at one point in a PXG driver, fairway and hybrid. With PXG I had the extra weight kit and loved being able to add extra weight to the head due to how counter balanced the Nemesys is. This shaft is not a shaft you can just plug and play bc a lot of weight is needed to add to the head. Otherwise it will play very light
I use to be that club ho but economics have made me more sensible lately. Ha So I went to CC and got fitted and the Badazz was very much the best performing of the hand full tested. And it was much less $. Love it. Have also dabled with House of Forged in lower weight and they are excellent. So I have a microlite House Forged and the Badazz which I switch up. I may give a Drago a try. My ss is 90 tops so I need that little extra kick. ;) May throw the HF into my 3w.

Back