vgolfman's Mount Rushmore of Hybrids

vgolfman

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As promised, today is 🐐 hybrid day! Here is my Mount Rushmore of Hybrids...

> TaylorMade Firesole Rescue
> Sontartec Md
> Adams IDEA Pro = THE 🐐
> Adams IDEA a7

...plus these honorable mentions...

> Adams IDEA a2/a2OS, Super 9031, Pro a12, XTD Super Ti
> Callaway X2 Hot Pro, Apex, Apex Pro, Epic Super Hybrid
> Nickent 3DX
> Ping G5, G25
> TaylorMade Rescue Mid, Dual/Dual TP, 11
> Titleist 818 H1/H2

Agree? Who you got on the Mount Rushmore of Hybrids?

As always, check out & like my related Twitter post for pics and additional info...

With that, and confirmation there are THP'ers in Carlsbad right now, its truly THE GRANDADDY time!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun and GO TeamCallaway! Now to go find my No 3 Jacks hat.

This whole series from you has been fantastic! Especially seeing the reasonings on Twitter!

Don’t play hybrids so I don’t hardly anything about them but I thought with how much the Epic Super Hybrid changed the total tech game in a hybrid, thought it may sneak in there!

Also have you decided what’s happening with that N3J hat if you’re looking for it??! :unsure:

Idea Pro hybrid is definitely the goat! I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't guys on the Senior tour still playing them today.

The original Ben Hogan Apex Hybrid is one that comes to mind for me. I seem to remember seeing a ton of them. I had the Adams Idea Pro and it is about the only hybrid I almost got along with.

Dope series! That X2 Hot Pronwas something g special.

Callaway X2 Hot Pro, Apex, Epic Super Hybrid- I had all of these.

I would add the Cleveland HyWood.

Idea Pro hybrid is definitely the goat! I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't guys on the Senior tour still playing them today.

It is the GOAT!

The nickent 3dx was so underrated.

No real order
Titleist 816 H1 (Still in the bag)
OG Cleveland Halo
Adams Pro & XTD ti
Cobra Speedzone (great club that didn't get much talk)

I’m good with this list other than honorable mention changing Nickent 3DX to 4DX.

I feel like there is some @vgolfman influence in a few of these designs 😀

This whole series from you has been fantastic! Especially seeing the reasonings on Twitter!

Don’t play hybrids so I don’t hardly anything about them but I thought with how much the Epic Super Hybrid changed the total tech game in a hybrid, thought it may sneak in there!

Also have you decided what’s happening with that N3J hat if you’re looking for it??! :unsure:
Thank you! Callaway Epic Super Hybrid is on the honorable mention list. And I'm still open to suggestions on what I should do with the No 3 Jacks Hat!!! But no, for all of you getting ready to DM me your address, no, I'm not just going to send it to you. If I EVER give it up, it will be earned. Or won. Or both. But I am honestly open to suggestions. Get creative people!!

Thank you! Callaway Epic Super Hybrid is on the honorable mention list. And I'm still open to suggestions on what I should do with the No 3 Jacks Hat!!! But no, for all of you getting ready to DM me your address, no, I'm not just going to send it to you. If I EVER give it up, it will be earned. Or won. Or both. But I am honestly open to suggestions. Get creative people!!
Yeah saw a whole bunch of Callaway make the HMs just though Epic may sneak in to the top four 😁

Maybe something at ECPC for the guys on Tuesday :unsure: though I’m also okay with that not happening so I have a chance to earn it one day too lol

@vgolfman
> TaylorMade Firesole Rescue
> Sontartec Md
> Adams IDEA Pro = THE 🐐
> Adams IDEA a7

...plus these honorable mentions...

> Adams IDEA a2/a2OS, Super 9031, Pro a12, XTD Super Ti
> Callaway X2 Hot Pro, Apex, Apex Pro, Epic Super Hybrid
> Nickent 3DX
> Ping G5, G25
> TaylorMade Rescue Mid, Dual/Dual TP, 11
> Titleist 818 H1/H2

I am still rocking the Adams Idea Black Super Hybrid. Thing is stupid silly and just wants to hit straight.
Its a 19* hybrid and I hit it past all the playing partners 3 woods.

Love these! Another great list. Really enjoy these, and learning abit of club history!

I 100% concur with this list.

I've loved this whole series. Can't argue with your list but thought there was a chance the Nickent 4dx, Cobra Baffler or Wilson Fybrid cracked the top 4.

Still have the original Apex 4 and 5 hybrids in my bag. Haven't found anything that suits my bag better yet.

Sonartec hybrid and 3w Nicky Price were stud muffins. Son still plays for old Sonartec 3w and absolutely crushes it. Can't find one better.

I've loved this whole series. Can't argue with your list but thought there was a chance the Nickent 4dx, Cobra Baffler or Wilson Fybrid cracked the top 4.
Thanks! And nope, no chance in the case of the Cobra and Wilson mentioned. The Nickent 3DX made the honorable mention list and I explained on the tweeter machine why I choose that over the 4DX, but it was considered. The Cobra Baffler (original) was an honorable mention on the Fairway Wood Mount Rushmore and under serious consideration to make the top 4 there, but the Ginty is more deserving in my opinion. While an argument can be made those were the beginnings (forerunners) of hybrids, there was no such thing as a hybrid in the mid 70's when those were introduced, so they are in the fairway wood category. 🤷‍♂️ Great clubs both of them. And no for the Fybrid as well. Didn't sell well, zero tour usage and didn't move design/tech/innovation forward. Doesn't mean its a bad club, but certainly not worthy of all time great status.

Last edited:
Back