Voice Caddie SL1 Hybrid GPS and Laser Rangefinder

I never got the green undulation feature to work, but the gps features were fixed and I just may not have played a course that had the green feature. I only used the functioning unit a few times and was relying more on arccos gps with my phone. The fact that I couldn’t use my polarized sun glasses and see the outside gps screen was really the main reason I stopped using it. Hopefully, @robrandalgz will be able to update here once he starts using it. The optics alone seemed to be as good as any rangefinder I had seen, but my experience with rangefinders was very limited.

Thanks for the Feedback - looking forward to @robrandalgz input

The undulation feature works on my unit. Not all of my local courses are on there though. Mentioned it in one of my previous updates that I still don’t know how to read it correctly and that still holds true as I haven’t spent much time figuring out how to read it but it pops up every time when I scroll through. I end up using GPS more for front center and back numbers after I laser the flag number

I like the thought of being able to see the fairway more on the gps view, seeing yardages instantly to corners, bunkers, water, etc.

It is a really nice feature for carts that don’t have built-in GPS. I’ve actually wanted this a few times out on the course from this unit and behold, the SL2 brings that feature!

I may be posting SL1 for sale if I can find the SL2.

Thanks for the Feedback - looking forward to @robrandalgz input
Hey, Alex. My experience, so far, with the unit is minimal as I've only played two rounds with it. As others have said, the optics are top notch. Very clear and concise. The laser is really fast also and seems to be very forgiving if you don't have the most steady hands. The GPS feature is great but, as mentioned, you can't read the screen if you're wearing polarized shades. None of the courses I've played with it (2) have had the greens undulation loaded, yet. But the front, middle, center seemed to be spot on at my home course.

I'll continue to update as I get more experience with the unit. It's, by far, the nicest rangefinder I've ever owned but both of my previous units were of the lower cost variety, to be fair. (y)

that is hella slick sounding and it looks solid. Pretty neat to combine those features. I could see having the undulation as well as the GPS being super handy. Sounds like a promising unit.

Back