Review Voice Caddie SL2 Hybrid Review

MarMill

Be Positive!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Grint 8.10
Place holder for review. Received package and will open tomorrow. Out of town fir Labor Day weekend but hope to get it out soon !!

Sorry for the delay. I am up in Colorado for the long weekend. Thought I would throw a couple nuggets up.

This is a very well built rangefinder. I love the all white body (see if it stays clean) and the wood grain on the front of the unit. Buttons seem very user friendly and the GPS is large enough to navigate easily. The case is very nice with a strong magnetic closure. Definitely snug inside. Have to use two hands to get it out. This may loosen up over time.

The optics are excellent. Very clear and the green/red display is easy to read and very crisp. I feel like it is a lot easier to read than my Bushnell V4. The OLED display is very nice. All the graphics on the unit for the GPS section look great. I haven’t gotten it out in the sun yet, but will report back. There is also a feature where the optics shift depending on light (dark or light outside) I am interested to test. I’ll get this on course to test against my Bushnell soon.

E730B376-D1DB-4F24-A408-922598D3EDEC.jpegC784C2D9-0BDE-4A03-B1B6-E586339D2683.jpegB8D072FB-46BB-43ED-B059-C2FB3837421A.jpegAC0B02E4-ABB1-443C-A944-7725B9FF0446.jpeg061A698C-02B3-4DF2-BB1C-1619175236ED.jpeg

Looking forward to continued thoughts. I have been using this quite a bit recently.

I hope to get out soon for testing!

Should be getting out this weekend to play and try this out on course. I am going to take it to the range tomorrow to test the laser measuring vs the bushnell.

Went out to the local range today to test out accuracy vs. bushnell strickly for the laser portion.

The voice caddie registered yardage quicker than the bushnell. Voice caddie has a very nice noticeable jolt when locked on to the pin. The actual yardage b/w each was pretty much the same. One big difference I noticed was that the voice caddie slope measurement was always different than the bushnell. Always 1-2 degrees of difference. This made a noticeable difference to yardage playing at (up to 6 yards). So I am not sure which is more accurate on that front.

Should be getting out this weekend to test the rest of the features.

Able to get out today with the voice caddie.

The red and green display is more subtle when outside instead of the indoor picture I used earlier. Nothing bad about that but I think the black on the Bushnell shows up better. I’ll make sure there is nothing I am doing wrong.

Laser seemed really fast and very accurate. Also like the jolt it provides when the pin is hit. Don’t think there is anything bad to say about it.

Set up was pretty easy for the GPS. Also added driver distance so it would show a line on the GPS of where you would be. Pretty helpful to see the big picture vs just shooting objects. Can visualize start lines and trouble easier.

Still working on using the green portion of the GPS. I’ll update that as we go.

Lots of features packed into this thing. I will have to tinker with all of them. Some of my playing partners stated it was the nicest rangefinder they had seen. Quality, looks, and functionality.

Sadly I only got through 3 holes before it died. I thought I charged it the day before but it seems I either didn’t power down or it didn’t charge properly. I will try charging again and look to see if you have to turn it off or it has an auto shut off. More to come! First impressions is this thing is pretty cool.

If anyone has any features they want to know more about specifically let me know.

I used mine yesterday too. We only got 4 holes in before rain, but it was nice to have the glance down for distance since we were riding.

I used mine yesterday too. We only got 4 holes in before rain, but it was nice to have the glance down for distance since we were riding.
Do you know if after it is charged you have to turn it off after each use or it has auto off function?

Do you know if after it is charged you have to turn it off after each use or it has auto off function?
You know I don’t. Honestly after each use I just plug it in, but have forgotten before and still made it 2 rounds.

Hello,

I just recently purchased the sl2. I had a bushnell v3 slope since new and it’s a tank never breaks and battery lasts forever.

I used the sl2 for two rounds and I think I may have a dud. I played my second round today and had my bushnell thank goodness.

it is so strange. For couple of holes it works and than just doesn’t give any reading but vibrates.
today the second time I used it after the 3rd hole it will vibrate shooting the pin and will just show 3- like(- - -). With no number readings no matter how much I shoot. I shut the gps off and still doesn’t work. Than couple holes later will work.
Also the bushnell seems to target the pin much better. With this it just vibrates and gives multiple readings.
This has been such a disappointment for a pricey range finder . Just seeing if either of you has had this problem. I sent voice caddie an email

This has been such a disappointment for a pricey range finder . Just seeing if either of you has had this problem. I sent voice caddie an email

I have not, but that doesn't sound good. I would definitely get with customer service. I had a Bushnell do something similar last year and the store got it replaced for me.

Thanks for the reply.

does your sl2 vibrate on pin mode on whatever you shoot and get slightly different numbers when shooting the flag. The bushnell just works with no multiple shooting.
I think I have a defective sl2.

Thanks for the reply.

does your sl2 vibrate on pin mode on whatever you shoot and get slightly different numbers when shooting the flag. The bushnell just works with no multiple shooting.
I think I have a defective sl2.
I have not had that issue with my SL2

Able to get another round in with the rangefinder.

It is still very quick to respond with numbers. We had a cart GPS and both were getting some different numbers. Not sure which one was more correct.

The GPS on the unit lagged slightly when going from hole to hole. I would have to change the hole we were in sometimes. I thought it would automatically know we moved to the next hole. Maybe there is a setting I missed.

I was bummed when the green undulation feature didn’t work at the course we played. That’s the feature I wanted to try the most. I’ll have to try a different course.

The optics were still fantastic during the round. I am really enjoying the unit. It is nice to be able to get a layout of the hole and get distances to certain trouble areas, but still be able to have the laser function as well. My playing partners commented on how well made the unit looked and performers. Will continue updating when I get out on the course. Sadly golf has been very slow for me at this time.

The voice caddie is still performing well. Still enjoying the dual functionality of the unit. It has great features!! As long as you don’t forget to charge the unit I don’t have any complaints.

The voice caddie is still performing well. Still enjoying the dual functionality of the unit. It has great features!! As long as you don’t forget to charge the unit I don’t have any complaints.
It has been a mainstay in our event bag as it’s great to get distances and have GPS

I will also say once you use it a couple times everything is very intuitive. Really well laid out.

FEE7E59E-61E5-4417-8C48-095997AECC78.jpeg

I am really enjoying the feature that I can laser the pin but then know what the green complex and front of green is. You don’t have that with just one or the other. It is really the best of both worlds.

Reactions: JB
Ok, I think I figured out why the battery would drain so quickly between rounds. If you don't exit golf mode on the GPS I think it continues to work while sitting in the bag. As long as you turn that function off after the round you have more battery power for a couple rounds. @JB, is that what you do after using it?

Ok, I think I figured out why the battery would drain so quickly between rounds. If you don't exit golf mode on the GPS I think it continues to work while sitting in the bag. As long as you turn that function off after the round you have more battery power for a couple rounds. @JB, is that what you do after using it?
Yes sir. I have actually never not exited, so maybe why I didn't see that issue. Good to know that is what happens though.

Ok, I have had the caddie in my golf back for a week or so with no charging. Took it out yesterday at the range and it worked just fine. Always remember to exit golf mode after round! This thing is sweet. I need to find a course that has the green heat map so I can try it out.

This is the first hybrid range finder that's captured my attention. I'm still wearing a garmin and carrying an old bushnell tour x. Both work great so it's hard to justify but man this thing looks pretty slick.

This is the first hybrid range finder that's captured my attention. I'm still wearing a garmin and carrying an old bushnell tour x. Both work great so it's hard to justify but man this thing looks pretty slick.
It is great to have both at one time in one device.

Back