Voice Caddie T8 GPS Watch

I used the T8 on Saturday afternoon and it worked well. I like seeing the hole and distances to hazards. Appreciate the front and back yardages. I think the more you play, the easier it gets to use as you become familiar with its intricacies - but I'm not there yet as to using all of its resources.

First round with the watch and it is a big meh for me so far. Using it for score is useless although it did give me a 62 so maybe that is the key. The green heatmap didn't really give me any good insights when putting. My approaches I could plan where to hit the ball and that probably helped a couple of times. I need to actually read some instructions for this as I don't want the scoring at all, having to confirm the wrong score after every hole was annoying.

First round with the watch and it is a big meh for me so far. Using it for score is useless although it did give me a 62 so maybe that is the key. The green heatmap didn't really give me any good insights when putting. My approaches I could plan where to hit the ball and that probably helped a couple of times. I need to actually read some instructions for this as I don't want the scoring at all, having to confirm the wrong score after every hole was annoying.

Give it more rounds - I like the scoring. It asks you after you exit the hole for your score - it says strokes and putts and gives you what it has. I just adjust as needed and press the check mark. Pretty easy. It also keep stats after you sign off. Go back on a couple of hours later on your phone and you have stats for the round - a nice feature, and then stat history.

I found yardage is off sometimes depending on the angle of approach to the hole. I carry a laser for shots inside 180 just to check until I get accustomed to it.

Am still learning to use yardage to hazard. And the green reading map - can't keep it on the watch long enough to use it.

Instructions? Don't really have them. It's one of those things you need to use repetitively to learn how it works.

I need a 5-day golf vacation to use it repetitively. Good excuse as any to plan a trip.

2nd round with it. More comfortable with GPS function. Figured score out. Of course the feature I wanted most was the green heat map and the course I played wasn't updated with that info. Newer course but a PITA.

2nd round with it. More comfortable with GPS function. Figured score out. Of course the feature I wanted most was the green heat map and the course I played wasn't updated with that info. Newer course but a PITA.
once you get some rounds in, I'd like to ask what you think of the shot tracking data. is it close to accurate? I'm looking for an Arccos replacement. and the point click GPS features of this watch are what I may miss the most from Arccos if I when with Shotscope. so hoping this is a viable contender.

once you get some rounds in, I'd like to ask what you think of the shot tracking data. is it close to accurate? I'm looking for an Arccos replacement. and the point click GPS features of this watch are what I may miss the most from Arccos if I when with Shotscope. so hoping this is a viable contender.
Hole 8 at Sewailo. Voice caddie did not pick up putt. Also you have to remember which clubs you hit. Distances are about the same. Much easier with Arccos but you can get what you need with Voice Caddie with no annual costs or extra sensors
Screenshot_20211116-131451.jpg

Screenshot_20211116-131710.jpg

Screenshot_20211116-131423_MyVoiceCaddie.jpg

Consider this my official review of the Voice Caddie T8

First, big thanks to @JB and @GolferGal for the opportunity to win a device and chance to use and review it.

After an unexpectedly rough start - didn’t have dedicated GPS watch experience prior and then had to send it in - after getting it back I tried to take my time with getting to know it a little. Would take it a few times and then let it sit. Repeat. Same as I do with clubs. Really try to get a feel over multiple outing, put it down, reflect and then do it again. Was definitely a bit a of a hard earned relationship with this one, and with the timing of having to send it in, tournament season really got in the way of getting to use it for a bit. After some inexperience and poor luck though, I’ve come to really value it. SO..

WEARABILITY -

It’s a watch. You’re not going to use it if it’s not comfortable for hours and easy to see and read. Which it is. It’s really lightweight with a pretty comfortable strap. Barely know I have it on. I’m on the thinner wrist side, and I still have a couple notches left over at a nice snug fit that feels good. It doesn’t rotate or wiggle, and sits so the main button doesn’t bump the back of a my hand. It’s easy to see and read in varied light conditions, and quick to respond.

SETUP and EASE OF USE -

As mentioned, struggle to get mine updated out of the box. Had trouble with some functionality, and then sent it back in. They had updated it when it returned and it’s been much better since. I think that experience was somewhat unique, but what probably won’t be is some on course frustration first time out. The fact that it won’t load golf mode and the course until you’re at the tee makes you have to learn running through the actual interface on the fly, while you play. Some won’t enjoy that, and I did not. For me it was probably exaccerbated by being a gps and stat guy already, but used to a bigger and more accessible interface on a phone. A watch is both simpler and more complicated imo, depending on what you want to do. Everything felt a little clumsy for me (and kind of opposite gestured compared to my smart watch) and I had to ignore it after a bit the first couple times to focus on playing. Gladly, once I got used to it, it’s a breeze. I can do everything it offers out there quickly now, and without distraction. I’m a prepare before playing guy though, and I would have loved to be able to learn the features off course.

FEATURES -

PLENTIFUL. Most here know I’ve been all in on GPS apps for years, and I have to say when I'm on course other than screen caps, there really isn’t anything I miss when using the watch, and some I prefer or standalone apps don’t have.. Distances to pins AND hazards, different views, green undulations (big fan), swing tempo (even BIGGER fan), round and stat progress tracking, etc, etc. It’s chock full of usefull stuff and once you get familiar with them they’re all pretty easy to utilize. The app and stat tracking aren't amazing, so that's a bit of a trade off, but they're good enough for most to good ideas of where parts of their game stand and trends in it.

PERFORMANCE -

Loading it when you get there takes minimal effort. Picks up where you are pretty quickly and adjust your screen, info, input, etc, accordingly. It charges pretty quckly and lasts plenty long for a round. Haven't had a single gps lag/signal issue. It's taken a few hits without issue. Software has never frozen or had an errors. There has been some course confusion that I think is unique to my area. There are shorter course next to a lot of the longer ones. Not quiite executive, but similar I suppose. Well they nearly share the same tee space sometimes and it's thought I'm on the other course a couple times at a certain places. I've talked with them about this, and they're constantly updating their course data. One that was an issue has been solved in the time I've had it. I've never seen it like it is here, anywhere else, so I think it's more of a local concern.

ACCURACY -

Kind of important in a GPS device. And in the stuff that really matters, layouts and distances to pins and hazards I have found it to be impressively accurate. Their Active Green and V-Algorithm are pretty legit in my experience. I checked displayed playing distances with multiple GPS devices, rangefinders, etc, A LOT, and it was good. I am not easily impressed, and I have been on this. Big fan, and feel totally comfortable with their yardages. There’s been some slight inacurracies on tracked shots and map overlays, but honestly, it feels like that’s been pumped into the playing yardage side when you’re out there. It’s really good. So I’m fine with it.

SCORING -

The other important thing to me. I’m not a big card keeper unless it’s an event. And this was where not being able to get familiar with it before actually playing really cost me and our start together. It was honestly, a mess. Score got off and couldn’t figure out how to edit it while juggling play and partners and driving the cart, etc. After some serious frustration that affected play I had to just ignore it. And even though it’s actually really easy to do, I couldn’t remember how I did it eventually at the end of that first round, and the whole thing kind of happened again. I’ll take the blame for that one. I imagine it would have been a MUCH easier path on this for someone with even a minute of dedicated GPS watch experience, and I just kind of crashed and burned on the sharpish learning curve while out there. I laugh at it now, but was uncharacteristically angry in the moments. Some better instructions, which has been mentioned a bunch already, could have really helped there.

VALUE -

It’s not a cheap watch, and I’ll admit that at first the numbers on value didn’t really add up to me. I’d come around on that over time, but wanted to take it on the road to truly unfamiliar courses to get a feel for it there. A bunch of people had indicated that was their main interest in it. Got a chance over the Thanksgiving Holiday to test that, and it really does shine in that setting imo. IF you travel with it somewhere where it doesn’t get pushed against the bag and turned on the day before you want to use it. I swear I’m just cursed. lol But when it’s charged and you’re on a new course with a 4-some on a busy weekend, it’s value can’t be overstated for me. Especially having the confidence in the yardages that I do at this point. If you’re someone who doesn’t want to be on your phone and still have full gps and tracking features out there, the value is pretty obvious. And the value of the TEMPO feature is just huge to me. I'm a pretty consistent golfer, and even I saw a ton of value in it. It's an immediate and verifiable indication of what you just felt and the result you saw. Even on putting it's huge imo. Used well it would be worth more than a lesson package and hours and hours of typical practice if you ask me. I absolutely love it.

OVERALL -

It's a real shame things started the way they did, but I've come to really like it. I've verified that people more used to dedicated gps watches tend to have an easier time with it (laugh/cry), have enjoyed it when I let them try it, and been impressed at the abundance of features. I know one who has upgraded his to it, and I bought one for a family member they'll get at Christmas. I think that probably says a lot about how I feel about it.

Last edited:
Consider this my official review of the Voice Caddie T8

First, big thanks to @JB and @GolferGal for the opportunity to win a device and chance to use and review it.

After an unexpectedly rough start - didn’t have dedicated GPS watch experience prior and then had to send it in - after getting it back I tried to take my time with getting to know it a little. Would take it a few times and then let it sit. Repeat. Same as I do with clubs. Really try to get a feel over multiple outing, put it down, reflect and then do it again. Was definitely a bit a of a hard earned relationship with this one, and with the timing of having to send it in, tournament season really got in the way of getting to use it for a bit. After some inexperience and poor luck though, I’ve come to really value it. SO..

WEARABILITY -

It’s a watch. You’re not going to use it if it’s not comfortable for hours and easy to see and read. Which it is. It’s really lightweight with a pretty comfortable strap. Barely know I have it on. I’m on the thinner wrist side, and I still have a couple notches left over at a nice snug fit that feels good. It doesn’t rotate or wiggle, and sits so the main button doesn’t bump the back of a my hand. It’s easy to see and read in varied light conditions, and quick to respond.

SETUP and EASE OF USE -

As mentioned, struggle to get mine updated out of the box. Had trouble with some functionality, and then sent it back in. They had updated it when it returned and it’s been much better since. I think that experience was somewhat unique, but what probably won’t be is some on course frustration first time out. The fact that it won’t load golf mode and the course until you’re at the tee makes you have to learn running through the actual interface on the fly, while you play. Some won’t enjoy that, and I did not. For me it was probably exaccerbated by being a gps and stat guy already, but used to a bigger and more accessible interface on a phone. A watch is both simpler and more complicated imo, depending on what you want to do. Everything felt a little clumsy for me (and kind of opposite gestured compared to my smart watch) and I had to ignore it after a bit the first couple times to focus on playing. Gladly, once I got used to it, it’s a breeze. I can do everything it offers out there quickly now, and without distraction. I’m a prepare before playing guy though, and I would have loved to be able to learn the features off course.

FEATURES -

PLENTIFUL. Most here know I’ve been all in on GPS apps for years, and I have to say when I'm on course other than screen caps, there really isn’t anything I miss when using the watch, and some I prefer or standalone apps don’t have.. Distances to pins AND hazards, different views, green undulations (big fan), swing tempo (even BIGGER fan), round and stat progress tracking, etc, etc. It’s chock full of usefull stuff and once you get familiar with them they’re all pretty easy to utilize. The app and stat tracking aren't amazing, so that's a bit of a trade off, but they're good enough for most to good ideas of where parts of their game stand and trends in it.

PERFORMANCE -

Loading it when you get there takes minimal effort. Picks up where you are pretty quickly and adjust your screen, info, input, etc, accordingly. It charges pretty quckly and lasts plenty long for a round. Haven't had a single gps lag/signal issue. It's taken a few hits without issue. Software has never frozen or had an errors. There has been some course confusion that I think is unique to my area. There are shorter course next to a lot of the longer ones. Not quiite executive, but similar I suppose. Well they nearly share the same tee space sometimes and it's thought I'm on the other course a couple times at a certain places. I've talked with them about this, and they're constantly updating their course data. One that was an issue has been solved in the time I've had it. I've never seen it like it is here, anywhere else, so I think it's more of a local concern.

ACCURACY -

Kind of important in a GPS device. And in the stuff that really matters, layouts and distances to pins and hazards I have found it to be impressively accurate. Their Active Green and V-Algorithm are pretty legit in my experience. I checked displayed playing distances with multiple GPS devices, rangefinders, etc, A LOT, and it was good. I am not easily impressed, and I have been on this. Big fan, and feel totally comfortable with their yardages. There’s been some slight inacurracies on tracked shots and map overlays, but honestly, it feels like that’s been pumped into the playing yardage side when you’re out there. It’s really good. So I’m fine with it.

SCORING -

The other important thing to me. I’m not a big card keeper unless it’s an event. And this was where not being able to get familiar with it before actually playing really cost me and our start together. It was honestly, a mess. Score got off and couldn’t figure out how to edit it while juggling play and partners and driving the cart, etc. After some serious frustration that affected play I had to just ignore it. And even though it’s actually really easy to do, I couldn’t remember how I did it eventually at the end of that first round, and the whole thing kind of happened again. I’ll take the blame for that one. I imagine it would have been a MUCH easier path on this for someone with even a minute of dedicated GPS watch experience, and I just kind of crashed and burned on the sharpish learning curve while out there. I laugh at it now, but was uncharacteristically angry in the moments. Some better instructions, which has been mentioned a bunch already, could have really helped there.

VALUE -

It’s not a cheap watch, and I’ll admit that at first the numbers on value didn’t really add up to me. I’d come around on that over time, but wanted to take it on the road to truly unfamiliar courses to get a feel for it there. A bunch of people had indicated that was their main interest in it. Got a chance over the Thanksgiving Holiday to test that, and it really does shine in that setting imo. IF you travel with it somewhere where it doesn’t get pushed against the bag and turned on the day before you want to use it. I swear I’m just cursed. lol But when it’s charged and you’re on a new course with a 4-some on a busy weekend, it’s value can’t be understated for me. Especially having the confidence in the yardages that I do at this point. If you’re someone who doesn’t want to be on your phone and still have full gps and tracking features out there, the value is pretty obvious. And the value of the TEMPO feature is just huge to me. I'm a pretty consistent golfer, and even I saw a ton of value in it. It's an immediate and verifiable indication of what you just felt and the result you saw. Even on putting it's huge imo. Used well it would be worth more than a lesson package and hours and hours of typical practice if you ask me. I absolutely love it.

OVERALL -

It's a real shame things started the way they did, but I've come to really like it. I've verified that people more used to dedicated gps watches tend to have an easier time with it (laugh/cry), have enjoyed it when I let them try it, and been impressed at the abundance of features. I know one who has upgraded his to it, and I bought one for a family member they'll get at Christmas. I think that probably says a lot about how I feel about it.
I just circled back to this thread. glad to have found your review.

slightly bummed that I couldn't talk you into giving it to me once you we able to finally put it through its paces. ;)

I just circled back to this thread. glad to have found your review.

slightly bummed that I couldn't talk you into giving it to me once you we able to finally put it through its paces. ;)
Not happening!! :p

I actually keep it in my truck now. Charge it after the round while I drive and leave it in a cubby for when I inevitably have my rangefinder in a different bag than the one I brought.

It's interesting to me that where some of my friends struggle with their watches I excel, and vice versa. The scorecard and all that was a little 90s Nokia for me, but others seem to struggle utilizing the more detailed features that are super fast and convenient for me out there. They tend to run on autopilot with whatever basics it says on their watch, while I'm getting exact distances to hazards, targets, marking pins, and other stuff without even really thinking about it. There's a lot in this one, and it's actually faster to multitask like that with it than a phone.

Not happening!! :p

I actually keep it in my truck now. Charge it after the round while I drive and leave it in a cubby for when I inevitably have my rangefinder in a different bag than the one I brought.

It's interesting to me that where some of my friends struggle with their watches I excel, and vice versa. The scorecard and all that was a little 90s Nokia for me, but others seem to struggle utilizing the more detailed features that are super fast and convenient for me out there. They tend to run on autopilot with whatever basics it says on their watch, while I'm getting exact distances to hazards, targets, marking pins, and other stuff without even really thinking about it. There's a lot in this one, and it's actually faster to multitask like that with it than a phone.
this is the week i have to decide to drop arccos or keep it another year. I find I just use it for course management. so why pay that subscription fee. It does what I need really well though....

this is the week i have to decide to drop arccos or keep it another year. I find I just use it for course management. so why pay that subscription fee. It does what I need really well though....
Well you're not going to get specific club yardages, strokes gained, etc with this. Different animal. It's not like club sensors. For a combined distance, detailed visual layout, scorecard, and more basic stat tracking device though, it's quite good. And the tempo feature... (y) Man I like that thing for people.

Well you're not going to get specific club yardages, strokes gained, etc with this. Different animal. It's not like club sensors. For a combined distance, detailed visual layout, scorecard, and more basic stat tracking device though, it's quite good. And the tempo feature... (y) Man I like that thing for people.
I have a Blast motion now. I do understand the merits of understanding one's Tempo. Having that info while I played it the a big selling point for this watch.

I have a Blast motion now. I do understand the merits of understanding one's Tempo. Having that info while I played it the a big selling point for this watch.
I constantly wish I could turn that on at the range. I'd love to see a practice mode or something where that was active.

Last edited:
I have used this watch a little more and I can say the GPS feature is good. The data you get after the round is good for distances....if you remember what club you hit. The green heat map is not that helpful. The fact that I have to accept my score at the end of every hole is annoying. The biggest thing for me now is that my Arccos caddie link just doesn't work anymore. Why continue to use it. I don't care about strokes gained nonsense, I can see my stats and figure out what I need to work on. I would put this above Arccos at the moment. I don't understand the tempo thing at all. I see it every now and again on the watch and never really research what I should do with the number.

I played my first 2 rounds in a long time without the T8 watch. I really can't see myself really using the watch much anymore. I have been on multiple courses where the green maps don't exist which was annoying. Also I was able to figure out how to turn off the scoring as that is useless to me. Overall it is good for the GPS on your wrist but all the extra features are just not good enough for me to keep using.

Back