Wait for Black Friday

Someonescoat

Single digit HC is the goal
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked (I searched but found nothing on it), but do you think it's worth waiting for Black Friday for deals? If so what items do you see that have the best savings? Are there certain items that don't mark down either way? Such as golf balls, mats, bags etc?

I'm finally diving head first into golf. I never got super into it in my 20's but now with some lessons under my belt and feeling pretty good about my swing, it's all I think about! My Dad was a huge golfer and just recently passed away (Cancer sucks). I'm finding golf to be extremely therapeutic for me and in a sense keep me close to him.

So as someone who needs to purchase just about everything, some help would be great!

Sorry for the long windedness...

given supply chain issues and what appears to be a pretty substantial uptick in demand for golf, i wouldn't be surprised if black friday deals are pretty much nonexistent this year

Yeah, I would assume black friday is a bust for golf stuff this year. Possible exception for clothing and accessories.

You will for sure get clothing on good black friday deals. Actual gear though, may not be in luck with everything that was mentioned above.

Otherwise, welcome to THP and glad you're enjoying the game!

You will for sure get clothing on good black friday deals. Actual gear though, may not be in luck with everything that was mentioned above.

Otherwise, welcome to THP and glad you're enjoying the game!
We thinking shoes will be marked down? Havent decided on which shoes im liking. Ive got old footjoys i bought maybe 7 years ago but i like the new Asics with the Boa. Truelinks keeps throwing ad after ad after me so kight check them out haha

We thinking shoes will be marked down? Havent decided on which shoes im liking. Ive got old footjoys i bought maybe 7 years ago but i like the new Asics with the Boa. Truelinks keeps throwing ad after ad after me so kight check them out haha
I'm sure there will be shoe deals. But maybe not on brand new stuff. I really don't know. Supply issues have been insane this year so it's really a shot in the dark whether stuff gets discounted or not.

Apologies if this has been asked (I searched but found nothing on it), but do you think it's worth waiting for Black Friday for deals? If so what items do you see that have the best savings? Are there certain items that don't mark down either way? Such as golf balls, mats, bags etc?

I'm finally diving head first into golf. I never got super into it in my 20's but now with some lessons under my belt and feeling pretty good about my swing, it's all I think about! My Dad was a huge golfer and just recently passed away (Cancer sucks). I'm finding golf to be extremely therapeutic for me and in a sense keep me close to him.

So as someone who needs to purchase just about everything, some help would be great!

Keep an eye on callawaygolfpreowned.com

Sign up for their Email list. They typically have some really great deals for Black Friday. And their like new products are either showing up with plastic on them still or look like they’ve never been hit.

There are usually some good bag deals on BF

IIRC, one OEM was marking their clubs UP mid-release cycle (Ping?), so there isn't going to be many killer deals this year where they mark them down. Everything is getting more expensive, golf included...

I am a new golfer too and have been picking up stuff used with a lot of success. Just bought a Cobra cart bag off a guy on the Offer Up app for $20... it's got a tear here and a stiff leg there, but it's 80% off of what a similar bag would cost in store. You can get golf balls for cheap on LostGolfBalls if you like a particular brand or color. If you're not picky, a lot of courses and driving ranges will have "10 for $10" type lost ball specials in the clubhouse.

I think you'd find a better deal on places like budgetgolf, callawaypreowned, globalgolf, etc than waiting for black friday. There are some killer deals out there if you check out enough legitimate places.

Keep an eye on callawaygolfpreowned.com

Sign up for their Email list. They typically have some really great deals for Black Friday. And their like new products are either showing up with plastic on them still or look like they’ve never been hit.
Exactly this. Got a 3w and 3 hybrid last Thanksgiving for a steal. Like new is basically new as well. All three of my clubs I have bought from them have still been in plastic.

Never saw too much in Black Friday for anything that would buy. I usually get my best deals on most things late January or February.

i would think that waiting for BF would probably get you new clubs around BF 22...

i would think that waiting for BF would probably get you new clubs around BF 22...
Haha. Well I'm glad I did this thread cause i was definitely going to wait! But if i can grab stuff now for the same price I may as well

I think there are plenty of deals to be had now. If you just search you will find things. Budget Golf always has clearance sales. I bought way to many pairs of shoes this past year.

Ping has already started their Black Friday deals. You pay $50 more now than you would have a month ago.

Building a bag that is relatively new that you like isn't the cheapest, but there are good ways around it. Buying out of season is a good way.. Buying previous release product is a good way.. buying used (but well maintained) is a great way.. Callaway Preowned is a smart play..

If you're like many of us, you're going to tinker because it's fun.. If you're going to continue to improve, you're probably going to want to change things about your bag as you do.. Buying used allows that without smashing the bank account.

It might sound weird, but eBay is sort of a dying art as it relates to used golf clubs - I've had a fair bit of luck on some of the larger facebook groups who sell golf equipment. You get the protection out of PayPal G&S at prices that don't include a middle man. Worth a look, with some of the groups over 100k members.

Welcome to THP.

Now now, come on. While it's been said that PING has raised their prices (including on gear that's been out for a while) their prices are only now coming in line with their competitors...:rolleyes: so they were cheaper to begin with.:ROFLMAO: I never looked towards PING myself as I always figured PING was pricey.:confused2::confused2:

There are supply chain issues. Grips. Lots of them are difficult to find right now. Shafts. Same thing there. Club shafts aren't easy to get.:cry:

If you see something you like, buy it. If it's at a price you're comfortable paying, buy it. In short, BUY IT!!!

And sorry to hear about your dad.:cry:

I dont think that youre going to see a whole lot of good Black Friday deals, what with all of the global supply chain issues. When the OEMs dont even know if theyre going to have enough stock to sell things at full retail, no way are they going to discount it or have blowout prices.

CPO is a great way to fill a new bag. Their Black Friday deals are good, but go quickly.

Golf products have two different rhythms when it comes to deals: Christmas and new product introductions. There are some products that run specials around Christmas time. It's typically not clubs because most are at a price point where it doesn't get much play at Christmas. Things like golf balls, polos, gift cards for lessons or your favorite golf retailer happen during Christmas season. A common one for golf balls is personalization for the price of balls without personalization. New designs for polos come out in the Jan-April timeframe, so lots of retailers will try to clear out this year's inventory late in the year or in after Christmas sales.

Most, not all, club manufacturers announce new clubs early in the year. The PGA Show that happens every year in January is a huge event for announcing new clubs and golf products. I was very careful in using the word "announce" as opposed to "launch". Some of these products launch around this time. Others you won't find in stores for months. Having said that retailers know this cycle and often start discounting products they know will be replaced months earlier. Really starting about now. If a retailer still has clubs from the prior year, you will likely see even deeper cuts on those products.

Black Friday as a day of unique product (any product not just golf) pricing is mostly gone, as is Cyber Monday. Replaced by a week or more of such 'specials'.

The global supply chain is so fubar right now, in my day job I worry about being able to get it - at all. A llot of days seem to be straight out of Atlas Shrugged. Costco is chartering its own container ships to get stuff from Asia to North America. Bacon prices are at a forty year high, and the local news station ran a piece on shortages of adult beverages. So because I'm a curious kind of guy, I immediately visited our local liquor store. The shelves were full, and while it was a decent selection, it wasn't the usual selection.

I think we're in for a bit more rough sailing before it calms down.

Check out PXG.com. Their pricing is a lot lower than anyone else right now and they have 7 club and full bag sales also.
For example you can get the new 0211 DC irons for $79 per club right now, their forged wedges for $129 and putters range from $129 to 289.
The 0211 and Gen 3 full bag deals include driver, FWs, hybrids, irons, wedges, putter, bag and a hat. No other OEM can beat their pricing and delivery time, and their equipment is obviously as good as anything else out there, some would say better.
I just bought a set of the Gen 3 forged 0311XP irons for $900, and my nephew bought a set of the 0211’s 5-GW for $545. Try getting deals like that anywhere else…

Last edited:
Just starting out, I'd recommend buying a used set on eBay or on here and then getting them bent for your swing. All you need to do is determine your swing speeds so that you can get the right flex.

As you get better, you can start looking at better used sets, or new sets. If money is no object, buy the used set and spend excess on green fees and lessons!

Back