Walkers: Steps per round?

I gotta be honest here guys. This thread is not going well. I was really hoping to hear some 20-30k numbers. 10k is a much less impressive excuse to give my wife for why I can’t do anything when I get home from golf.

“I can’t help with dishes and laundry right now, I’m googling the price for in-home calf massages! Leave me be woman!”
That's 27 holes for me. I hardly ever do 27 in a day any more (couple times a year?) but the most steps I've ever tracked on a 27-hole day were in the 22K-23K range (and that was for the entire day, including the rest of the day before and after golf).

When I was younger I'd do 36 in a day sometimes. That was before anyone was wearing step counters but I'll bet some of those days were well over 25,000...

I gotta be honest here guys. This thread is not going well. I was really hoping to hear some 20-30k numbers. 10k is a much less impressive excuse to give my wife for why I can’t do anything when I get home from golf.

“I can’t help with dishes and laundry right now, I’m googling the price for in-home calf massages! Leave me be woman!”

oh wow 20-30K steps is a lot LOL......you'd have to be spraying that driver big time, plus have to go back to the tee a few times to re-load, plus spend a few different instances chasing the beer cart for either beer or telling the girl she forgot to take the paper with your number on it and to call you later.

Even that you're probably not getting to 20K

It’s about 12K for me

oh wow 20-30K steps is a lot LOL......you'd have to be spraying that driver big time, plus have to go back to the tee a few times to re-load, plus spend a few different instances chasing the beer cart for either beer or telling the girl she forgot to take the paper with your number on it and to call you later.

Even that you're probably not getting to 20K
I dunno. I think maybe we can get there:

- Chasing the cart girl down to give her back her number. “We’ve been over this Candy. It’s just not going to work. Yes you’re smoking hot, but this dad bod already belongs to an angry lady back home. I’m sorry.”

- Running up to apologize to the group in front of me for hitting into them. Again. “Sorry fellas. I didn’t think that 7i would reach from 290 into that 30mph wind. Clearly I was wrong”.

- Chasing down playing partners from across the fairway to finish my stories. They definitely want to hear these and not focus on their shots. “So anyway our carpet choices were between gray and light gray. I gotta finish this one so I can tell you about the great new route to work I found”.

- Power walking to keep all of my delusions in place and reality a step behind (easy 30k on this alone).

I would say around 12,000 for 18. My legs are short so my guess is my normal stride is less than average. 5-6 miles, closer to 5 most of the time.

Somewhere between 13 and 15k steps for our course. Riding on vacation I'm usually at around 6-8k. When I played the Ocean Course with a caddy it was around 18k I think.

Carry your bag while walking. That will make it a lot more impressive!

Usually get right around 14K at my home course. The few times I've rode this winter were 8-9K but would've been less if riding carts had been allowed on the fairways. They open that up soon, April 1stI think?

There are roughly 2000 steps per mile depending on stride. My Course is longer than most since it winds thru our Community. Depending on how much I zigzag it anywhere between 4.8 and 5.4 smiles. I get my money's worth.

Used a fitbit for a bunch of rounds last year. Low rounds on classic courses where tees were close to previous green were about 10,000. Newer courses where houses and occasionally a good leap from green to next tee as high as 14,000. Average in the 12,000 range.

I'll get between 6k-7k when I walk 9. The course is pretty walkable, but I tend to wander finding my balls.

My home course is right around 12000 steps for 18 holes, also depends on how straight I'm hitting them

Not sure on the steps as I would have to look it up, but walking my home course is between 6-6.5 miles

I played a course recently that had some longer walks between holes and it was 7.6 miles according to the activity data

when I'm wearing my apple watch instead of my shotscope it's usually 11-12k.

~13k per Shot Scope

10-15k depending on the course and how I'm playing.

I walked 18 yesterday for the first time this spring at my home course, 13500 steps (6.6 miles).

Only 4 holes are hilly, rest are relatively flat.

I think the X5 tracks this, but I've never paid attention.

I got just over 11k through 9 the other day, and I hit 6 of 7 fairways. Long course, with long distances between tee boxes. 6409 from the whites, 7007 from the blues and we had to play a combo because some of the white boxes were closed.

Based on garmin watch, mine is between 13,500 and 15,000 for 18. 8,000 for 9 holes. As I walk most rounds, I have been getting an average of 190k steps per month. My cardiologist loves seeing those numbers.

I suspect there is a correlation between steps and handicap, once you normalize the data for variations in course yardage and distances from green to the next tee. What do you think?

I suspect there is a correlation between steps and handicap, once you normalize the data for variations in course yardage and distances from green to the next tee. What do you think?
Might be in certain cases but I doubt it's much at all. Our handicaps are what they are due to unique combinations of many factors. Hitting it crooked probably plays a role in some golfers HCs but almost no role in others.

Never have measured it but play with a guy who did / does. He always said he was around 10K.

Back