Walkers - who carries sand to fill your divot?

Do you bring sand with you on your walk?

• Walk - no sand

• Walk - bring sand

• #Pushcartmafia - no sand

• #Pushcartmafia - bring sand

• Ride only

Results are only viewable after voting.

#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Whether you are a proud #pushcartmafia member or more traditional and carry your bag, do you bring sand with you on your walk?

1615224471817.png

I'm going to start walking more now that the weather is nice. I need to get one of these for my cart though.

I'm part of the pushcart mafia and my course doesn't provide sand bottles on carts let alone sand to refill them. Hence, I don't sand divots.

I am a sandless heathen. I do my best and simply replace the sod in the trench I have dug.

my course has 3 refill stations throughout the course. I have the clicgear bottle and use it all the time.

I voted walk no sand...

However, I ride most of the time and when I do walk I'd like to carry sand. A few of my friends carry those sand bottles, I need to get one.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!! for all those walking diehards, PLEASE fill your divots. Carry some sand......Im guessing the vast majority do not.

I'm guilty of walking without sand as well, which wasn't too much of an issue last season since most of the courses didn't have sand bottles out anyways. I actually just grabbed some parts to try and build a hook for my cart so I can just grab one of the course bottles.

I walk without sand. If I had a pushcart I would bring some sand. Our greens crew does go out and refill divots as part of the job. We have a group of members that go fill divots on Monday mornings also to help out the grounds crew.

I am not sure if our club has bottles available for walkers, but I will be keeping a lookout for them.

I requested several times to my club they should install a rack at each turn with a few sand bottle for walkers. They haven't accomplished it yet, although they are currently claiming covid as the reason. If they made it available, i would certainly carry one as the up keep of the course is one of my top concerns.

I play with a guy I call the "sandman", he fills all the holes on the fairway as we play and has to refill 2 or 3 of those containers 2X in 18 holes. He drives a cart while the other 3 of us walk

My Clicgear has a sand bottle holder. I get the bottle from the cart barn person. I replace it at turn as needed.

Since I tend tp pick the ball cleanly off fairway lies, most of the sand I use is for other's fairway divots.

Some courses have racks along the course with spare bottles.

The sad reality is that not enough people repair their fairway, or green divots. A lot of bag carrying walkers are guilty of this. No room for the sand bottle. Some won't even replace the turf they dug up.

On a "kudos" note. Our home course has an old timer (90 something) who has no affiliations with the golf course. He has been filling the 10s of 1000s (?) divots in the short game practice area. He gets the maintenance people to fill a couple of 5 gallon buckets of sand. They also allow him the free use of a cart. He then spends a couple of hours each day filling up the divots. With the warmer weather, we are greening up quickly for an early spring. His donated time/work is greatly appreciated. Good things will be coming his way.

Great post..
I carry and will get a sand dispenser.
I am a sweeper but am working on a bit of a steeper swing..
Thanks for the reminder..

If the course offered a bottle, I would, but many times even the riding carts are hit or miss with sand.

I've been a rider so long this never even crossed my mind. Wow.

I walk and carry so no sand for me. I guess I could fill my pockets with sand pre round and dump so out as needed.

I walk and carry so no sand for me. I guess I could fill my pockets with sand pre round and dump so out as needed.

walk the fairways looking like Andy Dufresne?

I'm part of the pushcart mafia and my course doesn't provide sand bottles on carts let alone sand to refill them. Hence, I don't sand divots.

Same here. No sand or divot mix on carts or tee boxes since pandemic.

Straight out of The Great Escape.

home course, load up my bottle. Away, I don't, don't want to risk getting the wrong seed on either my home course or the away course

I have to say, I do replace all my divots and where I play the grass will usually re-grow.

I think it's a bit easier for us here in the midwest because our divots can be replaced and are quite chunky - so I selected walker without sand.

Were it up to me, I'd use my personal push cart with a sand bottle every round if my stupid course would let me.

Back