Walking the course

Thanks. That is my 4th of the year but have not gotten under 70 yet this year. Of courss, after retiring at the end of 2017, I have played at least twice as many rounds as I would have if still working.
Amazing! I hoping for one round of even par this season. My personal best is 3 over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like walking and try to do so as much as I can. At the same time, I’ve got an injury issue that acts up here and there and I also live in South Carolina where it gets hot as hell so I’m not going to walk and be totally miserable which would defeat the purpose of showing up in the first place.

I play in a league at my course and very rarely know who I’m going to be playing with so I keep the push cart in the truck at all times. We’ve got some people I’d rather walk 36 in boiling heat than ride in a cart with.

When I do ride if I can get out of driving then I’ll usually get out and walk from one shot to the next fairly often so it’s a nice compromise.

Had a great time for me today walking with someone else carrying the bag.

Walking the course

Walking is one of the best parts of golf to me. I love the mindful interaction with the landscape. There is a calm joy that comes with stepping off the yards. I carry when all the body parts are working and use a push cart when body parts are behaving badly. I also like using a solar umbrella with the push cart in high temps.

Last edited:
I walk and carry unless everyone else in the group is riding. A couple years ago I bought a clicgear because my shoulder was hurting, but I'm back to carrying now. I want to be able to walk when I'm 70, so I walk now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’ve walked 5 days in a row now. It’s amazing how much easier it gets!

I honestly wish I could walk the course now. Back surgeries and knee surgeries have taken their toll and it’s extremely difficult for me to do and not sure I could even do it if there is much undulation. I sure miss it though.

After carrying for 3 straight rounds, I think I am going back to pushing the Clicgear. Was absolutely beat today around the 15th hole. Extra stress on the body from carrying along with the high heat/humidity probably isn't the best thing for my old arse.

After carrying for 3 straight rounds, I think I am going back to pushing the Clicgear. Was absolutely beat today around the 15th hole. Extra stress on the body from carrying along with the high heat/humidity probably isn't the best thing for my old arse.

My bag is always packed with water. Too heavy to carry for sure. Thank goodness for my clicgear!

My bag is always packed with water. Too heavy to carry for sure. Thank goodness for my clicgear!

The water does certainly pack on some weight. I played Saturday and Sunday with someone who was riding so I kept my water in her cart. Solo today so that certainly added weight to the bag. Can't do without it in the heat though.

Walked 9 on Sunday, and 7 this evening. Started carrying my bag this year to push myself a little more, definitely harder than with a push cart.

The bag of ice and 6+ pack adds weight to the push cart for sure.

be careful of the Sun Stroke!!

had a mild case of it yesterday, and was drinking tons of water!!

wont deter me from walking, but when sun is north of 95, I might play less or right back 9

be careful of the Sun Stroke!!

had a mild case of it yesterday, and was drinking tons of water!!

wont deter me from walking, but when sun is north of 95, I might play less or right back 9

That’s what I’ve got to deal with right now. High temps and high humidity. The other problem is some of the guys I play with don’t want to walk. I usually still walk but can’t have the conversations I normally have when ever we walk. I know that anytime I need a playing partner to walk with my kids will always be there for me.

Walked nine today after work. It wasn't as humid as usual, but the heat index was still over 100. Using the umbrella on the push cart makes a big difference, too.

Golf is just better walking, you enter your own world and play your peaceful game, no concern for others, your bag is always right there for anything, change a club, grab a towel, I wish more courses offered it, but there's that money thing in the way.

Back