Walking the course

Walk 95% of my rounds. If I carry I typically carry only 7-9 clubs, if I have the full bag then I use a push cart. Honestly there's really no difference in score between 7-9 clubs vs full set so I am more and more doing this. For me walking is a big part of why I play, I am from Finland where I lived in Helsinki and there on a daily basis I walked everywhere but here in the US it's car everywhere so there is the aspect of getting your 10k steps in which I don't anymore do unless I play golf. So it's about mental and physical well being as much as just really enjoying the game.

The only time I don't walk is on a full length course when I play with my father-in-law who has a bit of a dodgy knee. He couldn't do a full course, so a buggy is the only way.

Getting ready to head to the course to walk an Independence Day 18. Decked out in red, white and blue of course.

I love to walk the cource also. I don't have a cart yet though so my shoulders do get a little soar from carrying, but the exercise is worth it.

Love walking. Love love love.

But, this time of year here it's gets so hot so early I don't get to as much as I do in the spring and fall.

I love walking the course when I can. The course around here are built around homes so makes it tough to walk as the tee boxes are spread out, but there are a couple I can walk and love it when I do.

I love a good walk. A lot of the courses out here are rather mountainous, so it does limit how many times in a row I'll do it, but I still prefer it.

I used to love to walk the course. I caddied through my college years, and always enjoyed putting the bag on my shoulder and walking. Unfortunately, now with a bad back and arthritis, riding a cart is the only way I could complete 18 holes. But I do envy the walkers.

Loving all the responses.

Any of you care to post any custom or different things that you have done to your push carts to make them “better”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love walking, but the majority of courses near me are not walking friendly in the least bit so it's not that much of an option :(

If the course is though and the option is there, I love taking the bag and going for a stroll.

Any of you care to post any custom or different things that you have done to your push carts to make them “better”

Man I’d love to see some of these as well!

Looked quite patriotic for 3 holes then the bottom fell out of the sky...
#America

Walking is awesome. Of course this time of year in Dallas it is risking heat exhaustion with heat indexes close to 110. Today was nice at a heat index of 98.

Jumped into the Kickstarter for this, and have LOVED it, is a review on here somewhere...lasts 36+ holes (ads say 27+)...Only downside (is being solved) is that it needs a wheelie bar...

But this has me walking 95+% of the time, and LOVE walking!!!

[video=youtube;-RgSvw6O9bI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RgSvw6O9bI[/video]

I think in the UK that it is rarer to see people not walking the course, expecially where I am

The only time I haven't walked the course is the first time we were in Jamaica, when we were there the last time I still walked quite a bit of the course and let Jen and our caddy ride (although we only played 9 holes so it wasn't quite as far to walk)

Walked the course today and had a fantastic round. I’ve been riding a lot lately and it just isn’t the same. The flow of the round just comes together better when walking, for me. I have an older clicgear and my new stand bag won’t sit well on it. I had to put my old bag on it today. Thinking of upgrading bags and maybe pushcart as well. Any recommendations?

Right there with you DB86.

Absolutely love walking vs riding, but just don’t get to do it much in Florida. I loathe the heat so if it’s over 80 during any part of the round I will likely be riding. Plus many courses where I am don’t allow it due to long routing and generally older demographic.

There’s a decent chance we will be moving to the Oregon coast later this year, so that will change things up a lot for me as far as walking goes. It rarely will get to 80 degrees out there.

Carried my bag, as opposed to using a push cart, today for the first time in 3 or 4 months. Going that route again tomorrow and more often in the future.

I love walking! I used to hike before going to school and working full time as well. Now that I'm in an area that has less hiking opportunities I decided to walk the course instead. I bought one of those cheap $30 amazon pull carts and I've walked probably 30 times so it has paid for itself many times over, and I'm a few pounds ligher as well.

All the full size courses in my area have free carts, so I've never tried one of those, but I regularly hitup a twilight round at the executive courses for $14 walking and just have a blast! The only issue is water, mine does not have cup holders so I need a yetti or something to carry in my bag.

Whiskey

Im definitely enjoying my mornings i walk 9 holes. It is more peaceful.

~Rock

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I used to love walking the course when I was much younger. Of course, back then many of the local courses were only about 6500 yards from the tips, many of the holes went back and forth, and the next tee box was almost adjacent to the last green. Courses typically built since the mid 1980's are now well over 7000 yards from the tips, not counting the long walks from one green to the next tee, through a housing development and sometimes even being required to go down or across a street.

Carried again today and shot 1 under 71. My Clicgear may not come of the trunk for a while..lol.

Back