This is my choice:

849658d1350401205-aqua-terra-captains-watch-aqua-terra-blue-markers-1.jpg

But I am 100% with you on the price thing. I've always lusted after the Aqua Terra and Omegas in general, but man it's just so much to shell out. $3-4k is the best I can find for it, even used.

I need a new watch badly. I'm wearing my old citizen Eco-drive that is about 7 yrs old.

My tastes are too expensive for my budget so I'll probably end up with another Citizen unless I can find a Tag for the right price.

I need a new watch badly. I'm wearing my old citizen Eco-drive that is about 7 yrs old.

My tastes are too expensive for my budget so I'll probably end up with another Citizen unless I can find a Tag for the right price.

Get this Citizen:

1121519d1371255889-muhle-glashutte-29er-big-citizen-signature-grand-classic-8571063971_772572bdf2_c.jpg

citizen-signature-series-grand-classic-automatic-zadnyaya-kryshka-jpg.195

I've heard it's incredible. And not wildly more than an Eco-Drive, either!

This is my choice:

849658d1350401205-aqua-terra-captains-watch-aqua-terra-blue-markers-1.jpg

But I am 100% with you on the price thing. I've always lusted after the Aqua Terra and Omegas in general, but man it's just so much to shell out. $3-4k is the best I can find for it, even used.

I will own one eventually. Just not in the cards right now. I want nice things like this for me and my family but my wife while she works isn't as driven to want these kind of things like I am.

I will own one eventually. Just not in the cards right now. I want nice things like this for me and my family but my wife while she works isn't as driven to want these kind of things like I am.

My girlfriend thinks me wanting a watch that costs half as much as my car is worth is pretty stupid haha. But I just can't get it out of my head, and I really think I'll eventually go for it too. Definitely can't buy one until she gets her ring though, or I'll REALLY be in trouble!

My girlfriend thinks me wanting a watch that costs half as much as my car is worth is pretty stupid haha. But I just can't get it out of my head, and I really think I'll eventually go for it too. Definitely can't buy one until she gets her ring though, or I'll REALLY be in trouble!

Yup happy wife happy life man

mmmm...omega.

I wanted a Seamaster for a while, now I'm nearly 100% for one these special edition Speedmasters:
Spoiler
OMG1870.JPG

The remaining percentage is for this special edition Speedmaster:
Spoiler
s.58_omega_snoopy.jpg
a5.jpg

Watches

Newbie here, chipping in from Nicaragua.
My other passion aside from golf is watches ( I own a business that make handmade custom watchbands).
My current favorites:

Super collection

Get this Citizen:

1121519d1371255889-muhle-glashutte-29er-big-citizen-signature-grand-classic-8571063971_772572bdf2_c.jpg

citizen-signature-series-grand-classic-automatic-zadnyaya-kryshka-jpg.195

I've heard it's incredible. And not wildly more than an Eco-Drive, either!

Must own

Edit
Citizens site has it at a G which is way more than I paid for me Eco

Last edited:
One day I'll own one of these. An all-time classic that will never go out of style. A watch that will last my lifetime and hopefully will be passed down...

Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN7.jpg

Rolex like many other watches made the same way are high maintenance if you follow their maintenance....at least from my understanding

Rolex like many other watches made the same way are high maintenance if you follow their maintenance....at least from my understanding

Yeah that's what I've always read. High end pieces recommend servicing every 5 years or so, helps prevent wear and tear on the movement. It will probably cost you around $5-600 from what I've seen.

When I had a Breitling Crosswind I took it into a dealers in Glasgow for a service only to be old it would take 3 - 4 weeks and would cost more than I had just paid to get my car serviced. They use to send them back to Switzerland for the servicing. Needless to say it didn't get serviced.

I guess if you can pony up the price for one the Maintenace isn't an issue :)

If I wore a dress watch more I'd have numerous nice watches.

Super collection

Must own

Edit
Citizens site has it at a G which is way more than I paid for me Eco

Yeah but the street price on it is closer to 500-600. Still not a cheap watch, but pretty good for what you're getting.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Yeah but the street price on it is closer to 500-600. Still not a cheap watch, but pretty good for what you're getting.

That's much more realistic need to find one now

That's much more realistic need to find one now

Yeah, I'm seriously interested in it as well. Maybe a Christmas present to myself in a few months haha

Used to wear a watch in high school. Mostly Fossil, as they were in at the time. Now, this is the only watch I have. Nothing too fancy, but I earned it.

Used to wear a watch in high school. Mostly Fossil, as they were in at the time. Now, this is the only watch I have. Nothing too fancy, but I earned it.

Bowled a 300, hell ya you earned it! Awesome man! A watch is always better with a story.

I used to have some nice watches... All I have now is the Oris TT1 XL. Below are my other favorites I used to own: Breitling Chronomat (mine had a Bullet band), Rolex Submariner and Baume & Mercier Capeland S.

I don't care what I drive or what clothes I wear, but I'm damn sure going to have a nice watch!

watches_zpsdc99daf1.png

Received this SISU Guardian A1 as a wedding gift from my wife. She had it engraved with our wedding date. Have the all black A3 already. Love the size, 54mm case.

10486513_902775606414424_8728451842803842542_n.jpg

Paddy I really like that Oris and the Capeland!

That Guardian is an absolute beast. 54mm is gigantic, that would make my wrist look like a twig!

I love my Panerai PAM305. Strap changes are easy and going from a dive watch to a casual look is a snap.

I currently wear a Rado - got it for my 40th bday.
I picked up a used Breitling Areospace a few years ago, I am about to trade it in for a Tudor that just looks awesome!
And I have a Mont Blanc - my "major event" watch. Really wish I could wear it more often, I just like my Rado too much!!

Paddy I really like that Oris and the Capeland!

That Guardian is an absolute beast. 54mm is gigantic, that would make my wrist look like a twig!

I thought it would be a tough call on which one to keep. As it turned out, the size was the difference. The Oris is 47mm but the case tapers to a 45mm bezel and this is a perfect size for me. The Breitling was 39mm so really too small, as was the Sub at 40mm. The Capeland S was 41mm and it was really classy and stylish (if not iconic - no one really knew it was as nice as it was).

I haven't wore a watch since I retired nine years ago. Don't need one. When I really need to know what time it is, I look at my cell phone.

Back