I really like the meteorite speedy but it’s out of my price range. I’m okay with that because I also like the speedy hesalite. I’ve never gotten into GS. I saw them for the first time this summer and they didn’t really do anything for me
I saw the GS GMT on WUS and fell in love- only wanted it in green, and my AD had it. It is incredible in person.

My solar Seiko stopped working. Left it on the window sill all day, but no luck. Looks like I’ll be checking out our local watch shop.
If you like Seikos and don't want to break the bank you can never go wrong with the Seiko SKX.

If you like Seikos and don't want to break the bank you can never go wrong with the Seiko SKX.
I’m hoping to repair this one. Love and beat the crap out of my other Seiko so was disappointed this one stopped.

I started with the Breitling as a single “nice” watch. Then I caught the bug. The Grand Seiko is incredible, and I hope to own a snowflake and omiwatori in the future. The Oris I had an eye on but couldn’t find locally on a strap, but visited my AD and they happened to have one pre-owned in the midnight blue I wanted. My single watch collection quickly expanded. A panda Omega is on the shortlist.

GS has gotten a lot more coverage in the US in recent years, and for good reason. The "Omiwatori" is incredible. Wow.

The "Skyflake" is not too shabby either, though slightly bigger and thicker than the above. But the Omiwatori's dimensions are perfect.

Last edited:
Root beer made an appearance for the holiday. I figured it worked well with the autumn colors....then the snow came and ruined everything.
View attachment 9047864
😍😍😍😍 that is gorgeous. My favourite GMT with the all black with green GMT hand being a close second.

I like the og black one as well. I'll grab one someday. Wish they hadn't discontinued it
You and me both! Boggled my mind looking at the prices of my Explorer after they introduced the 36mm this year. Those PCL’s and the shine off that ceramic bezel might be worth the grey market hike though.

I sent my Tag Heuer in for service (4 yrs old, paid by care plan). Has anyone ever sent their watch in and have an idea of how long it takes? I imagine it will be longer but just trying to get an idea.

I sent my Tag Heuer in for service (4 yrs old, paid by care plan). Has anyone ever sent their watch in and have an idea of how long it takes? I imagine it will be longer but just trying to get an idea.

No idea, but I have a Victorinox that has stopped and this reminds me I really need to get an appointment set up. It is a 10 year old watch and not covered by any care plan, so I'm a little concerned about the potential cost compared to the watch cost, but we'll see!

I don’t have a Tag but a few years ago I sent my Panerai in for service (this was all done in the US — which in theory would be quicker than if service needed to be done abroad e.g. in Switzerland) and it took about 6-8 weeks in total before I got the watch back.

Not to say yours would take that long but just giving you a data point.

I don’t have a Tag but a few years ago I sent my Panerai in for service (this was all done in the US — which in theory would be quicker than if service needed to be done abroad e.g. in Switzerland) and it took about 6-8 weeks in total before I got the watch back.

Not to say yours would take that long but just giving you a data point.
I know Tag has received it and my expectation is like May. lol

Lol that’s a very conservative estimate to not be disappointed given May is like 4 months away… it should be way sooner than that. But with all of the supply chain issues with parts and supplies, who knows?

Did you send it to a Tag service center? Take it to a reputable local jeweler next time. Quicker, cheaper and they’ll do a better job.

Last edited:
Didyou send it to a Tag service center? Thanks it to a reputable local jeweler next time. Quicker, cheaper and they’ll do a better job.
I sent it to Tag because the service was included with protection plan I got. Next time would be local.

Some manufacturers have a lead time noted on the website, I’m sure now with the delays on everything that’s looking a little more up in the air.

I don’t normally post about my beaters, but this watch has blown me away with the quality for what I pad for it. It’s a Deep Blue, a brand I was aware of. A lot of love on WUS, as well as a lot of hate, obviously LOL. My one true diver in my collection has an integrated bracelet. As someone that likes to sway out bands, I needed something that would allow me to do that. It also needed to be cheap as my Aquis will always get most of my worst time. Also needed a ceramic bezel, and preferably mechanical. The Deep Blue mater 1000 ticks all those boxes. And for $200!!!! (It would have been 150 if I hadn’t chosen the (excellent) rubber strap over a silicone one). It probably won’t suit many, as it’s huge! It’s 15mm tall which will put many off. I love a chunky watch so it fits my requirements perfectly. This watch would be good value at 5 or 600, so 200, I almost feel like I’ve stolen it!!!!!
199C3C40-A833-4EC3-A836-CA5F7BABE685.jpeg

I don’t normally post about my beaters, but this watch has blown me away with the quality for what I pad for it. It’s a Deep Blue, a brand I was aware of. A lot of love on WUS, as well as a lot of hate, obviously LOL. My one true diver in my collection has an integrated bracelet. As someone that likes to sway out bands, I needed something that would allow me to do that. It also needed to be cheap as my Aquis will always get most of my worst time. Also needed a ceramic bezel, and preferably mechanical. The Deep Blue mater 1000 ticks all those boxes. And for $200!!!! (It would have been 150 if I hadn’t chosen the (excellent) rubber strap over a silicone one). It probably won’t suit many, as it’s huge! It’s 15mm tall which will put many off. I love a chunky watch so it fits my requirements perfectly. This watch would be good value at 5 or 600, so 200, I almost feel like I’ve stolen it!!!!!
View attachment 9063234
I love this. Reminds me of a Seamaster, but this looks way better. Nice find!

View attachment 9063234

Looks great!
I have never heard of this brand before but it’s a steal with automatic movement and ceramic bezel for $200.
Do you know the dimensions? Looks to be 42-44mm from the pics

It’s 44mm and wears pretty true to size. It’s the height that would maybe put some off. I wouldn’t recommend as your only watch, but as something to have some fun with, I’d absolutely recommend. I’ll see what it looks like on a NATO. That might end up being too tall, even for me LOL.
1EC58C55-BB81-4CB8-AD7A-1E2975732A94.jpeg

It’s 44mm and wears pretty true to size. It’s the height that would maybe put some off. I wouldn’t recommend as your only watch, but as something to have some fun with, I’d absolutely recommend. I’ll see what it looks like on a NATO. That might end up being too tall, even for me LOL.
View attachment 9063245
You’re right, that does seem pretty chunky in terms of height. But as a diver that doesn’t seem egregious.
A good everyday watch that can go from casual to business casual.

I purchased a couple Folex's in Korea. Looked exactly like them and had the same movement. My wife keeps telling me to purchase a nice watch, but that would cut into my ability to purchase clubs and play. Nice watch or a yearly membership at the Country Club. Sorry watch.

4A8ADD88-FAE0-4D4B-8A7D-9BDEBF4849B6.jpeg 83923408-8E09-4B31-A980-CF390C038542.jpeg

Posting 2 pics of my NOMOS Metro 38 Date, which was purchased a few years ago while on vacation in Germany.
NOMOS is known for its “Bauhaus” design, which is pretty cool, but I have to admit that as time goes on I’ve become less enamored with the design. It’s rather spartan and minimalistic. A hybrid between a dress watch and a field watch but ends up being neither.

I purchased a couple Folex's in Korea. Looked exactly like them and had the same movement. My wife keeps telling me to purchase a nice watch, but that would cut into my ability to purchase clubs and play. Nice watch or a yearly membership at the Country Club. Sorry watch.
If they had the same movements as Rolex, they'd be Rolex.

Back