Weather here in the NJ has been ridiculous hot and disgusting humid for weeks. How about your area?

It’s been relatively nice here in SoCal lately, but it is going to get really hot in the next few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lucky you.
Over here been so bad you can burp and see it hang in the air. And that goes for the other end of the anatomy as well. :alien:

Not much different here in upstate NY. It was a hot and humid July followed by a hot and humid August, so far. I don’t mind the heat and humidity though. I’d rather have hot and humid weather over the cold any day.

this is the worst part for me. As crazy humid as its been the storms (always scattered) are contently missing my home so my lawn is burnt as i cant keep it wet enough. Just a couple miles south of me and they seem to get all the showers. Yet I still suffer the disgusting 60 and 70 % humidity.
I live on the side of a mountain that is the first range off the Atlantic coast, it's been splitting any storms we get so the low lands have been seeing rain, mean while, my lawn and garden is as dry as a popcorn fart. :facepalm:

It's hot in the desert, but a nice hot. Golf is still tolerable with early tee times and pretty much golf all year round.

It has been super humid here all summer, but it is what it is.

I will take hot and humid over not being able to play golf.

Last 4 months, hot as balls and no rain here in central New England.

Nothing to rant about here in the Bay Area. Our warmest days have been in the 90’s and those have been far and few between. More of the high 70’s to low 80’s. Early tee times have been in the 50’s with a marine layer. No complaints here.

Nothing to rant about here in the Bay Area. Our warmest days have been in the 90’s and those have been far and few between. More of the high 70’s to low 80’s. Early tee times have been in the 50’s with a marine layer. No complaints here.
just hearing that cools me off

Last 4 months, hot as balls and no rain here in central New England.

Here in Upstate NY we had almost 4 inches of rain early last week from Tropical Storm Isaias. That was significantly more rain than the entire month of July.

Here in Upstate NY we had almost 4 inches of rain early last week from Tropical Storm Isaias. That was significantly more rain than the entire month of July.
Thankfully I was on lake george "after" that event.

Its all rant for me.
This has to be one the hottest and most humid summers I can recall here in the northeast. The humidity has simply been relentless.

I am a heavy sweater and Ill sweat when its 60 but this past couple months has been one the worst I recall. Ive worn 2 gloves every round this spring and summer because of the unstoppable sweating. Its not even like we get a break in the early am or in the later pm. Its simply just disgusting humid, humid, and more humid just about every day all day long for like the past 6 to 8 weeks. Its been so bad its not even nice to sit out in your yard because you simply sweat and sweat and sweat. Most everyone (especially walking like myself) is leaving the courses with soaked shirts and shorts. I put up my UV umbrella and also have a seat on my cart.

I pack about 7 or 8 waters with me in a small cooler with ice and not only do I go through them all but also buy a couple Gatorades and couple more waters from the cart. I end up collectively pouring 2 or 3 bottles over my head during the round. Drink a bottle about every other hole.

I can go on and on. Its been too hot and too humid. I dont know how you folks down south play in the summer at all. Im not built for heat and humidity like this. Id much rather play in 48 degrees vs high 80's or 90 and more and also humid. But here in NJ its just been pounding us daily for weeks straight now. I dont recall a recent summer this hot and humid where its lasting this long with little to no breaks.

49E2593D-C447-47A7-9C1B-3F3AD29B5E46.jpeg

I mean its been brutal during the week but lately it hasn't been that bad. Last weekend was 85 I think, and this weekend supposed to be 80 or so.. at least by the shore

It has rained so much here this summer... more than I can ever remember! Yukon is supposed to be a semi-arid climate!

We’ve gotten so much rain that my lawn is constantly home to a mushroom patch... and that mushroom patch is growing more mushrooms!

Houston says You’re Welcome

I have never met a person who likes humidity. I know several that like the heat, but not the humidity.

Most don’t understand humidity. San Francisco and Seattle both rank in the top 5 most humid large cities in the U.S. but neither have high heat indexes and are very comfortable in the summer. San Diego has an average humidity of 69%(the same as Minneapolis) and is considered to have some of the most comfortable weather in the U.S.

We had some humid days here this summer but with high temps often in the 70’s, it doesn’t feel anywhere close to uncomfortably hot.

8CC4F598-5DC2-491E-A4D5-BB6822F76FC2.jpeg

Last edited:
Not much different here in upstate NY. It was a hot and humid July followed by a hot and humid August, so far. I don’t mind the heat and humidity though. I’d rather have hot and humid weather over the cold any day.

I can handle heat, but not heat AND humidity. I remember those NYC summers. Brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North central minnesota. 75-85. About a week or two of high 80’s. It’s been windy a fair amount of days making club selection interesting. Rain, what we've received, really hasn’t interfered with golf days

North central minnesota. 75-85. About a week or two of high 80’s. It’s been windy a fair amount of days making club selection interesting. Rain, what we've received, really hasn’t interfered with golf days

It was damn windy especially in May and June. Today was my first rain out of the year and I’ve logged over 50 rounds since mid April. BTW, my next door neighbor (Gull Lake) grew up in Walker on 10 mile Lake and still has family there.

beyond brutal... today was 102 with heat index 109... i went out at 730pm to get in a quick 9 holes. it was still 97 heat index at 102. looks like its not getting any better. Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 2.35.01 AM.png

My courses here in Virginia Beach have been soaked, and playing is like taking in a 4 hour sauna.

It was mid 90's and heat index in the 100's here in the Ohio Valley throughout July. Since Isiais came through the Atlantic though it dropped the temps back into the 80's where they have stayed for about 10 days. It's still humid as all get out, but 80's are fine with me.

Hot and humid here in VA. There are days when I go outside and soak 3 or 4 tee shirts and simply call it a day. I hate walking around soaked from sweat in the humidity and not rain - what makes it worse is when the sweat gets in your eyes so bad.

We had our typical two weeks of over 100, but it is now starting to cool off. You can feel it in the air at night (Phil Collins).

Back