Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I am in need of a serious solution. It seems that some where over the past few years I have lost distance with my sand wedge. I used to hit it 110 yds with a stock swing. Now it might max out at 100 but usually around 95yds. I have to purchase a 52* to fill the gap between my sw & pw (135) but the gap travel 110-115 consistently. The lack of distance really concerns me. In order to get at flags 95 to 105 I find myself having dial back on the gap or pw.
Is there something I should be looking for to gain that distance back? I am really lost with this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to be careful here. Trying to hit a wedge harder will result in a higher ball flight with no additional distance. It sounds to me like you have some gapping issues. By that I mean there is no rule that says 52-56-60. When I was fit for my wedges it was very eye opening for me. My entire career I played the same wedge setup you have in your sig. For gap purposes I now go pw 53 58. This gets better spacing between the wedges and covers the gaps better. I would get with my coach and look at this part of your bag.

If you feel it is more the mechanics let me know. What is different about the flight, strike, or direction? Let me know what your thoughts are. IF it is just a distance issues a video would be very helpful.

I never looked at it like that, I will explore my 'gapping'.
I have been hitting the SW very high with no extra distance. Swinging harder I thought would work, wrong. I have better results with a dialed back PW. It's not as consistent as I would like but gets the job down, but the gapping issue might be the fix I need.
My swing can always use another set of eyes. When I get some time this summer I will be by for your expert opinion. Thx you sir....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back