MacTourney

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Coney Dogs
Let's say, for instance, while standing still at ease I weigh 100 pounds and you weigh 200 pounds, and we know that because that's what a scale tells us but I don't know what 100 pounds feels like so I would describe my weight sensation as 'light on my feet'. The question is do you, at twice the weight, feel as light on your feet as I do on mine?

Wake Up What GIF by Laff

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

Being “light on your feet” has nothing to do with actual weight. It means you are capable of moving in a quick and graceful way.

Interesting question

Also depends on other factors such as physical fitness, muscles, balance and flexibility. I'm sure there are NFL players weighing 50% more than I do who are far more "light and nimble" than me.

Being “light on your feet” has nothing to do with actual weight. It means you are capable of moving in a quick and graceful way.

Being 'light on my feet' is a personal description, or sensation, that's not quantifiable- which frames the question. Just wondering if we all feel the same sense of lightness when standing still and at ease, it has nothing to do with moving about.

Ask this guy.

Interesting question

I thought so too, the type of question that finds us out of nowhere looking for an answer. Might be a question too heavy for lighter minds....lol. Not really, but I'm guessing if I stood beside you and both of us are standing still, at ease, we would both sense the same interaction sensation with the ground regardless of any actual weight differences we have numerically.

Man I don’t know what the question is.

Depends on so many things.

the matrix there is no spoon GIF

Yes and no. When I was much lighter as a young adult I felt too light on my feet. A stiff breeze would knock me around. Literally. Like a car in a strong crosswind. After basic training (32 pounds gained) I felt anchored but light. Now? All those extra desserts caught up and I can feel the weight in my knees.

Back